php freelancer required

InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
edited July 2020 in Requests

Anyone here do freelance php work?

Requirements:

1. You are available.
  2. You have some interest in this community/market place (I guess if you are reading this that checks that box)
  3. You are able to communicate in English fairly well
  4. You use skype (text based)
  5. You are also ok with js

PM me with your rates or message me on skype: backtogeek (people here are generally welcome and even encouraged to add me on skype but it is not used for Inception Hosting at all :) )

edit: I know this is vague, that was deliberate :+1:

https://inceptionhosting.com
Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

Comments

• ialexpwialexpw OGServices Provider

I'll be interested in what's needed, but I don't use Skype - do you have anywhere else to contact?

Syuh - sftp, rsync & rclone accessible storage from 50GB to TBs.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Reminds me of picking up that idling PHP course on Udemy again hehe :D On a positive note, yesterday I was so bored from exam preparation I started coding my first WordPress plugin (PHP). Looked up some functions in php manual and W3Schools. It's fun so far so I'll likely dive more into it when I have the time. Also feels good to code some wp plugins myself, so I actually know the code behind it and not just rely on a third party. I guess that's also some motivation.

@AnthonySmith sorry for derailing this thread a bit. Good luck finding someone!

If you don't find anyone I know some people who know a thing or two about PHP, too ;)

• @AnthonySmith do you want day/hour/project rates? Is 4 a strict requirement?

@Ympker said: started coding my first WordPress plugin

What does it do?

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@Mr_Tom said:
    @AnthonySmith do you want day/hour/project rates? Is 4 a strict requirement?

@Ympker said: started coding my first WordPress plugin

What does it do?

I decided to start simple, so all it does is adding a custom menu in WordPress (to the left in dashboard where also "Pages", " Appearance" etc are) and upon clicking shows more drop down options.

The first option I added was to display simply phpinfo(); :)

Often enough I end up creating that file myself on a webhost and then navigate to it but I figured this would be more convenient. I also plan to add some options that show resource usage, inodes and some other usefull stuff for which I currently use third party plugins. Since I am just getting into PHP there is a limit what I can do and it's gonna be trial and error but I am having fun experimenting on my sandbox install :)

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@ialexpw said:
    I'll be interested in what's needed, but I don't use Skype - do you have anywhere else to contact?

Thanks, but if skype is a barrier to entry it is probably not going to work out :)

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• ialexpwialexpw OGServices Provider

@AnthonySmith said:

@ialexpw said:

Thanks, but if skype is a barrier to entry it is probably not going to work out :)

Alright, not a problem :-)

Syuh - sftp, rsync & rclone accessible storage from 50GB to TBs.

• Added =)

Thanked by (2)InceptionHosting Ympker
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@imok said:
    Added =)

Before the LES Skype group gets too far along, let me ask, What about Jitsi? Free, Open Source. @David ran a Jitsi instance on the free VPS server we were offering awhile ago. Jitsi seemed to work great when I used it to talk with @David. He used Jitsi for pretty large groups of students too. If I remember, about 30.

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• I don't use Skype, but I'm available for some freelance work, feel free to PM.

• edited August 2020

-deleted - (accidentally hit post by fat finger)