Reseller Hosting Recommendations

Who have you guys had good experiences with?

Right now I have only a handful of sites, and (slowly) growing.

Ideally hosting would be on the east coast of the USA - NYC would be prefect.

Thanked by (1)webmash

Comments

• vyasvyas OG
    edited August 2020

And a few names that come to mind:

Ramnode @Nick_A
    Nexusbytes Serverez Bob's Hosting @seriesn
    @SmallWeb

Also,
    @ympker has a list of providers.
    Finally,

For all their shenanigans with pricing... Hostmantis would still be on my list.

Thanked by (4)AaronSS Ympker Nick_A lentro
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited August 2020

@vyas said:
    For all their shenanigans with pricing... Hostmantis would still be on my list. @ympker has a list of providers

Been consistently happy with HM performance. Guess their pricing and performance make me slowly forget their PR stunt.

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
  • @aaronstuder said:
    Who have you guys had good experiences with?

Right now I have only a handful of sites, and (slowly) growing.

Ideally hosting would be on the east coast of the USA - NYC would be prefect.

What's up boss, if you are okay with DA and don't mind my self promo: https://my.nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=22 :)

• edited August 2020

@seriesn I have been wanting to join the family :)

Your Reseller-10G is a little tight on space for me. The next plan up is more then I am looking to spend.

• @aaronstuder said:
    @seriesn I have been wanting to join the family :)

Your Reseller-10G is a little tight on space for me. The next plan up is more then I am looking to spend.

So essentially a 20G? You can always stack plans :). Our pricing is super straight forward :)

• BuyShared? Probably the best one, cost per GB wise.

• @vyas said: Ramnode @Nick_A

Thank you!

Thanked by (1)vyas

RamNode: High Performance Cloud VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection

• @Ympker said: Been consistently happy with HM performance. Guess their pricing and performance make me slowly forget their PR stunt.

How long have you been using HostMantis?

• buyshared, smallweb, nexusbytes, myw.pt

• Used to be with BuyVM between 2016-2018, but had some intermittent issues with email delivery, backscatter etc, so had to move after a year or so. Have been using RamNode & HostMantis Reseller plans ever since, for smaller sites and projects, and haven't faced any issues so far; barring the odd cPanel pricing change issue that affected everyone.

Gotta say something about @Francisco though. He went above and beyond during the on-boarding stage involving account migrations. The hosting company my client was migrating from was being an absolute dick, and insisted on upgrading to a 3x priced package for a full month (not even pro-rated), in order to get some extra storage space for creating a full backup.

Francisco took care of it by mounting an extra partition over SSHFS and migrating everything over, casually and without a fuss. That is something I will never forget.
    Just waiting for him to make block storage and Ryzen available in LU, and I will happily migrate a couple of production services over in a heartbeat :smiley:

Thanked by (3)Ympker Francisco Nick_A
  • For reseller hosting i recommend Hostmantis using it for more than a year. Not a single downtime pro support, free blesta licence.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@jeorlie said:

@Ympker said: Been consistently happy with HM performance. Guess their pricing and performance make me slowly forget their PR stunt.

How long have you been using HostMantis?

Since April 2018 if HM client area is correct.

Thanked by (1)jeorlie
  • someshzadesomeshzade Hosting ProviderOG

Price: €3.66/m
    Interested? Check out https://nexaracks.com/cheap-reseller-hosting

Nexa Racks - Reliable Web Hosting Company

• RahulRahul OG
    edited August 2020

@sonic said: myw.pt

+1

@MikePT can provide more bang for the buck.

• @Rahul said:

@sonic said: myw.pt

+1

@MikePT can provide more bang for the buck.

Note: They are doing lifetime offer again, only 30 promo package afaik

• Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Hosting Provider

Iam using HMantis for Singapore location. Their uptime is good and the speed also. Once I saw their sgprm20 server was using more than 85% disk and opened a ticket. They moved my reseler account to a newer server within a day. Recently my client got suspended due to high cpu usage in WordPress. Inode limit is 300,000 which is pretty fair. Support department is fast and tickets get automatically closed on replies.

Thanked by (1)jeorlie

✓✓Only shared hosting-both DA and cPanel Still in 2006

• @vyas said:

Do you have Hostmantis reseller account? Are they good? I am starting a Webhosting here for my local folks. I am into quality over income. Do you think they oversell?

• @jeorlie said:
    Do you think they oversell?

Of course they do! But they still work well :)

• vyasvyas OG
    edited September 2020

@jeorlie said:

@vyas said:

Do you have Hostmantis reseller account? Are they good? I am starting a Webhosting here for my local folks. I am into quality over income. Do you think they oversell?

I used to have a Reseller account with Hostmantis in NY. But now happy with Shared hosting one in Singapore.

If looking at reseller then @MikePT @smallweb would be a good option to consider.

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee MikePT
  • @aaronstuder said:

@jeorlie said:
    Do you think they oversell?

Of course they do! But they still work well :)

Nooooooo. :-( It seems like more reseller hosting are overselling.

• @jeorlie said:

If you want no overselling you want a VPS or dedicated server.

• @aaronstuder said:

@jeorlie said:

Vps is always overselling. Dedicated server called dedicated for reasons. Those resellers are in a range of reasonable overselling(Does not affect performance). That should be what OP wants.

Action and Reaction in history

• @elliotc said:

@aaronstuder said:

@jeorlie said:

Vps is always overselling. Dedicated server called dedicated for reasons. Those resellers are in a range of reasonable overselling(Does not affect performance). That should be what OP wants.

Point taken. Thanks for the input guys.