WHMCS 8 - coming soon

2»

Comments

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Francisco said:

@MikeA said:

@Francisco said:
    What do you think the price goes to? I see them doing $0.50/month per active customer or similar.

Do they really want to peg themselves like that? I wouldn't think so. I don't want to deal with switching... but I think many of us would switch at that point.

They have the numbers of what the real cpanel cancellation was in relation to revenue.

In a year I've only been able to cancel a single buyshared node. Basically anyone with 10 or 20 a accounts usually stayed. The main people the jumped ship had hundreds.

Blesta is ok but still a far ways away. Hostbill is maybe good but very costly. Thats it.

For us we would most likely start investing time into building some sort of billing into stallion.

Francisco

I think the big difference this time is that whmcs is not the better product if they did people with that sort of pricing hostbill would become the cheaper and better option.

Hostbill also offer managed migration and is already very close price wise over 18 months.

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Hosting ProviderOG

@AnthonySmith said:

@Francisco said:

@MikeA said:

@Francisco said:
    What do you think the price goes to? I see them doing $0.50/month per active customer or similar.

Do they really want to peg themselves like that? I wouldn't think so. I don't want to deal with switching... but I think many of us would switch at that point.

They have the numbers of what the real cpanel cancellation was in relation to revenue.

In a year I've only been able to cancel a single buyshared node. Basically anyone with 10 or 20 a accounts usually stayed. The main people the jumped ship had hundreds.

Blesta is ok but still a far ways away. Hostbill is maybe good but very costly. Thats it.

For us we would most likely start investing time into building some sort of billing into stallion.

Francisco

I think the big difference this time is that whmcs is not the better product if they did people with that sort of pricing hostbill would become the cheaper and better option.

Hostbill also offer managed migration and is already very close price wise over 18 months.

Hostbill also did a bunch of weird stuff years ago price hiking etc which lost them a lot of people and trust.
    I've still got a owned Hostbill and 5+ whmcs and blesta.

Personally we would switch back to hostbill for the short term or stick with whmcs until we had our own in house product finished. Really at the end of the day most people don't need all of the bloat that whmcs has, I bet we use maybe 10-20% of the features. Other things we have all asked for or requested never get updated or added anyways.

PureVoltage - Custom Dedicated Servers Dual E5-2680v3 64gb ram 1TB nvme 100TB/10g $145
    New York Colocation - Amazing pricing 1U-48U+

• edited August 2020

@Francisco said:

@vpsgeek3333 said:
    WHMCS 8.0 Beta is now available.

Sooner or later a price increase based on the cPanel model is going to happen & judging by the policies of VCs behind them I think they are going to ditch those with owned licenses in not very distant future. If you are an established provider, have been in this industry for 5+ years & your business generates a decent amount of revenue & you are or shall be looking to expand your offerings in near future then switch to something like HostBill. If you are new to the industry or you are an established host interested in offering shared & vps only then probably get an owned Blesta license.

Right now is the best time to switch because others might increase their prices once WHMCS do that.

Yep. They already do that for new licenses but it has an 'unlimited' option at $50/month. Meh, but not jaw breaking.

Francisco

Yes I am expecting $40-$50 for 100 active customers then $0.10- $0.20 per additional active customer. That would make it similar to cPanel model.

Recommend: MyRoot.PW|BuyVM|Inception Hosting|Prometeus

• @MikeA said:

@Francisco said:

I think you are smart enough & have been in this industry for long enough to expect anything sensible from Oakley/Webpros & whoever their other major shareholders are. Regardless of whatever their new per active customer pricing is upon a price hike, one thing is for sure that they are going to ditch unlimited customers model. If you are on a monthly license then right now is the most ideal time to switch to a viable alternative which offers owned licensing model.

• edited August 2020

Their greed leading to per account, per core, per customer model on different products has made it very hard to survive for smaller players in the industry particularly those who offer hosting at budget prices.

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

@AnthonySmith said: I think the big difference this time is that whmcs is not the better product if they did people with that sort of pricing hostbill would become the cheaper and better option.

Doesn't DA qualify as a near equal competitor?

I run my servers on Virtualmin, and people come from cPanel saying it's so much better - just sadly not enough people know about it.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@lentro said: Doesn't DA qualify as a near equal competitor?

Personally I don't think so, don't get me wrong, it is a great product but cPanel is a clear winner in terms of refinement and features.

To me I don't believe WHMCS will put prices on a per-user model because it would be similar to if cPanel never did and then DA decided to go €0.20 /user, everyone would flock to cPanel no question when it became the cheaper product.

hostbill is the better product here, it would also become the cheaper one if WHMCS did that so it would be a no brainer.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.