Share your Nginx + PHP + SQL config for VPS?

cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Totally new into this. Had no trouble with OLS out of the box.

Typical 1 or 2 core VPS with up to 4GB ram?

Anything goes.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

Thanked by (1)WebHostingDomain

Comments

• I used to point to nginxconfig.io, now it bluntly redirects to DO
    It's a good starting point, you may want to give a look at what @eva2000 does on centminmod

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@mfs said:
    I used to point to nginxconfig.io, now it bluntly redirects to DO
    It's a good starting point, you may want to give a look at what @eva2000 does on centminmod

Thanks for sharing. Centminmod sounds like a good place to start first, then read into the various modules and settings.

Thanked by (1)mfs

• centminmod does all, it's one of the best automated script to install LEMP stack.

• @sonic said:
    centminmod does all, it's one of the best automated script to install LEMP stack.

YunoHost is even better in my opinion, but that's more for a personal/small organization setup.

Thanked by (1)mfs

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@poisson said:

@sonic said:
    centminmod does all, it's one of the best automated script to install LEMP stack.

YunoHost is even better in my opinion, but that's more for a personal/small organization setup.

What app do you use on yunohost for LEMP?

• poissonpoisson OG
    edited November 2019

@cybertech said:

@poisson said:

@sonic said:

What app do you use on yunohost for LEMP?

They have quite a number to choose from. I have used netdata, matomo, wordpress, limesurvey, rainloop, dokuwiki plus some "custom" apps, which I use for hosting a couple of static HTML pages. What the custom app does is simply creating a directory and a DB, so you can easily SSH into the directory, untar/unzip the app into the directory, set permissions and then hook up the DB to the app and you can start running apps that are not part of the one-click installer that it offers.

If you haven't tried it before, you should. It is a refreshingly minimalist and effective control panel compared to the icon riot I see in a lot of other panels. It just gets the job done, period.

Oh, it sets up Postfix and Dovecot automatically too. Just update your DNS and you will be ready to go. No need mailcow or similar.

Thanked by (1)cybertech

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @poisson said:

@sonic said:

Wow, thanks so much! This is the 1st time I've heard about yunohost.
    It looks promise!

• Hey @poisson, how long have you been using YunoHost? Is it stable and secured?

• @sonic said:
    Hey @poisson, how long have you been using YunoHost? Is it stable and secured?

It's been around near 10 years. From Debian wheezy I believe. Or maybe one version earlier.

Thanked by (1)sonic