Can I tell you about MXroute?

Comments

• edited August 2020

@jarland said:

@PHP_Backend said:
    Noob question here.
    Let's say I start using mxroute from now but I am afraid that someday I suddenly will want to move away from them and host my email elsewhere, What preparation should I take from the day 1 that will make my migration pain-less?

You’d migrate out at any time using imapsync. We keep regular backups too, with actual consistency unlike the old days.

I am not yet become your customer. Alot of feature from MXRoute and good reviews are tempting me. I think I will be your customer this year.

Thanked by (1)jarland

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• @sanvit said:

@sureiam said: but they lock you into using only their name servers

iirc someone on LET mentioned that you can contact their (almost non-existing) support to change nameservers.

@sureiam said: domains can only be transferred in not registered there (at least currently).

Actually, this is now available as a beta feature.

It's in their terms that you must keep their name servers. It's not a big deal as they are top tier dns provider even on their free platform but I wouldn't bank on them changing your name servers.

I didn't know they started allowing registration under beta. That's great!

@PHP_Backend said:
    Noob question here.
    Let's say I start using mxroute from now but I am afraid that someday I suddenly will want to move away from them and host my email elsewhere, What preparation should I take from the day 1 that will make my migration pain-less?

You have two options. Either you do pop3 with office outlook and then upload the pst file to your new provider or the better route would be to always keep your access as imap. That way when you migrate all the folders and will transfer over easily via lmap syncing.

Positive of the pop3 though is that you can have many email addresses from multiple domains dump into a single pst. Down side is being able to separate that in that future.

Positive of imap is that migration is easy as pie. Down side is that you end up with a bunch of sub folders/areas in outlook when you have many different emails and domains.

I considered a while ago moving to office 365 exchange as its really top tier for the price. Figured alias would fill in the gaps. However if you have many different domains it becomes a huge pain to manage affordably.

This is really where mxroute shines. The ability to manage so many domains under one email provider without additional cost only storage is very unique.

Thanked by (1)PHP_Backend
  • jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG
    edited August 2020

This isn't really an offer thread but I did make a special deal for LES:

• LES Small
    • 10GB Storage
    • Unlimited Domains
    • Unlimited Mail Accounts
    • Only 50 in stock
    • $10/1year, $20/2years, $30/3years (recurring of course)
    • Order here

Sometime this week all of the Small plans (this one included, existing customers included) will be upgraded to at least 15GB. Still working on the details.

Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.

• Yes, tell me about these 5$/y packages, BRING THEM BACK!
    So what do you say?

Thanked by (1)jarland
  • @jarland said:

• LES Small
    • 10GB Storage
    • Unlimited Domains
    • Only 50 in stock
    • Order here

Sometime this week all of the Small plans (this one included, existing customers included) will be upgraded to at least 15GB. Still working on the details.

Does this include lifetimes?

edited August 2020

@Neoon said:
    Yes, tell me about these 5$/y packages, BRING THEM BACK!
    So what do you say?

I've learned a valuable lesson on certain thresholds, that might be beneficial for others:

• Over 100GB purchased means significantly increased chance of using purchased space. Example: Someone purchasing 20GB is more likely to use less than 5GB, where someone purchasing over 100GB is more likely to use 100GB. This means you can oversell more 20GB than you can 100GB, breaking the idea that they're equivalent in scale and therefore can be relative in price.

• A $5/year customer is significantly more likely to make repeat support requests than a $10/year customer. These can severely diminish your ability to scale out your support strategy with increased overhead but not enough revenue to hire.

@berkay said: Does this include lifetimes?

Those will stay at 10GB.

Thanked by (1)berkay

• edited August 2020

@Neoon said:
    So what do you say?

@Abdullah resell some of MX Route package for £2/yr

Thanked by (1)Abdullah

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

@jarland said:

The $5 too?

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@jarland said:

• LES Small
    • 10GB Storage
    • Unlimited Domains
    • Only 50 in stock
    • Order here

Bought a 3-year plan, I guess LES is switching to MXRoute.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• UnixfyUnixfy OG
    edited August 2020

Going on 4 years now!

Great promo code too :) (before people try - this promo code was from a few years ago and had just a few uses)

Thanked by (1)jarland

@AnthonySmith said: Bought a 3-year plan, I guess LES is switching to MXRoute.

You're whitelisted from the 300 per hour limit, go nuts.

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited August 2020

@jarland said:

@Neoon said:
    So what do you say?

I've learned a valuable lesson on certain thresholds, that might be beneficial for others:

• Over 100GB purchased means significantly increased chance of using purchased space. Example: Someone purchasing 20GB is more likely to use less than 5GB, where someone purchasing over 100GB is more likely to use 100GB. This means you can oversell more 20GB than you can 100GB, breaking the idea that they're equivalent in scale and therefore can be relative in price.

• A $5/year customer is significantly more likely to make repeat support requests than a $10/year customer. These can severely diminish your ability to scale out your support strategy with increased overhead but not enough revenue to hire.

I never created a single ticket.

By average it might be the case but that's it.

Thanked by (1)jarland
  • Awesome service, enjoying it over a year now!

Thanked by (1)jarland
  • I have been using the 5/yr package from the day it was launched and till date no issues. And I had a 15/yr package in the VestaCP server (Galaxy) which is cancelled now because of going with Zoho one. But have to say the service is top shelf considering all the exchange and mail servers I deal with on daily basis.

Thanked by (1)jarland
  • @simonindia
    How is Zoho one working out for you?
    We got a 1 year all access credit last year but could not use all the features since we did not have the right team size/smes with us.

• Aren't Zoho $5 per user per month?

• @flips said:
    Aren't Zoho $5 per user per month?

This is a diff product

https://www.zoho.com/one/

Thanked by (1)flips
  • @chocolateshirt said:

@jarland said:

@PHP_Backend said:
    Noob question here.

You’d migrate out at any time using imapsync. We keep regular backups too, with actual consistency unlike the old days.

I am not yet become your customer. Alot of feature from MXRoute and good reviews are tempting me. I think I will be your customer this year.

I don't know why you are not doing it NOW

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• I was about to pick up a Pobox account, but was reminded that MXRoute exists via this post.

Sorry if this is a strange request, but @jarland how would you compare your service to Pobox?

It don’t be like it is until it do.

• I got my wife a domain for her birthday 2 years back and hooked it up Mxroute for email stuff.

0 complaint so far :)

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@seriesn said: 0 complaint so far

not to your face anyway haha.

I remember a guy I used to know online about 20 years ago bought his Girlfriend a vacuum cleaner for her birthday as they were due to move in together in a few months, they never did..... haha

Thanked by (3)wdmg nhocconan bdl

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @ouvoun said:
    I was about to pick up a Pobox account, but was reminded that MXRoute exists via this post.

MX route is really focused on its outbound infrastructure. Your emails just magically appear in recipients mail inbox..
    Also if you are into lifetime deal stuff MX route also has one going on I believe

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• @AnthonySmith said:

I remember a guy I used to know online about 20 years ago bought his Girlfriend a vacuum cleaner for her birthday as they were due to move in together in a few months, they never did..... haha

That’s not the best gift to get your girlfriend before you move on together... on the other hand, I got my wife one last year and she was thrilled because she was tired of sweeping.

You got to know when to cross the line.

Thanked by (1)bugrakoc
  • @AnthonySmith said:

?. Nah she ain't that savvy sadly. If it goes in and comes out, she doesn't complain. (No pun intended).

@seriesn said:

@AnthonySmith said:

?. Nah she ain't that savvy sadly. If it goes in and comes out, she doesn't complain. (No pun intended).

We still talking about email?

Thanked by (2)seriesn bdl

@ouvoun said:
    I was about to pick up a Pobox account, but was reminded that MXRoute exists via this post.

Sorry if this is a strange request, but @jarland how would you compare your service to Pobox?

Less limits and there really is no direct comparison to this: https://mxroute.com/our-unique-outbound-infrastructure/

• @vyas said:
    @simonindia
    How is Zoho one working out for you?
    We got a 1 year all access credit last year but could not use all the features since we did not have the right team size/smes with us.

Well its great as my team is distributed even before COVID and They provide almost everything with Zoho One. My one years software licensing budget can pay about 7 to 8 years of Zoho one subscription. And as everything is in "cloud" I save more headache and stress managing backup's and things. Now I just export my data every month to an b2 cloud account so far I have been with zoho for 2 years everything is working out great so the following are product I use with zoho

docs (writer-sheets-slides)
    workdrive
    projects
    CRM
    Sign - E-signing
    Assit - remote access
    meeting - Video conferencing
    books - ERP - Accounting software
    Desk - Ticketing software
    Logs - Log management
    bugs - Bugtracker
    Cliq - chat
    forms
    Mail

And everything is integrated to an point where everything is there and it just works. The downside being no control over downtime what so ever.

But till now it works out.

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Just great to see the love with which @jarland runs his business that is MXroute. All the best for the future ;)

Thanked by (1)jarland