Any recommended RYZEN based dedi's ?

InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Looking for a ryzen dedi to play with, no OVH/Hetzner/online.net (don't like their funky MAC Masquerading bollocks for guest interfaces etc)

Location does not matter.

Cheers.

https://inceptionhosting.com
Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

Thanked by (1)Asim

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG
    edited November 2019

WebNX has them in Utah, it's who I use for some of my game servers on the west coast U.S.

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8/16 Core 3.9GHz (4.5GHz Boost) 64GB DDR4 1.2TB NVME + 3TB HDD 1Gbps w/ 30TB Outbound Yes 5 IPs $139

That's a pretty nice deal, wonder if anyone has any of the latest Ryzens.

@AnthonySmith said:

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8/16 Core 3.9GHz (4.5GHz Boost) 64GB DDR4 1.2TB NVME + 3TB HDD 1Gbps w/ 30TB Outbound Yes 5 IPs $139

That's a pretty nice deal, wonder if anyone has any of the latest Ryzens.

That is the latest Ryzens?

Yours truly.

• AmitzAmitz OG
    edited November 2019
    Thanked by (1)InceptionHosting

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• ExonHostExonHost Hosting ProviderOG

Check webnx offer on webhostingtalk forum.

ExonHost - Reliable Web Hosting Service Provider | Managed SSD Xen VPS | OpenVZ VPS
    ResellWays - Budget Shared Hosting & Reseller Hosting

• 3800x is current generation. It's a 3700x with a clock bump and higher TDP, making it a slightly odd choice for DC hosting where power costs are high. If you mean you want a 3950X, those are barely in anyone's hands right now so there are not likely to be any dedis available unless you build your own. If you want a 3900X those may exist (talk to @ExtraVM) but they aren't really newer than 3700x/3800x.

Fwiw I had a 2 core VPS on one of ExtraVM's 3900X machines for a while and it was great. All tests I ran were faster than my i7-3770. It seems like a very good hosting machine since the large number of cores means if someone temporarily runs a high-cpu task on a small vps, it doesn't bog the rest of the machine down.

Now you've got me wondering what the mac/masquerading bollocks are for guest interfaces at those providers you mentioned, but I guess this isn't the place to ask.

Thanked by (1)poisson
  • I think AMD's ridiculous core and thread counts is a real game changer in terms of VPS performance for the low end market. Assuming that the probability of CPU abuse is generally constant, that radically increased thread counts (plus better computational performance relative to Intel) means most people on the host node is almost assured of peak CPU performance when needed.

Plus Nvme prices going down, hosting database intensive web apps is a lot more viable on low end VPSes as well. The low end market is in a really good place these days. I don't think the web applications' demands have gone up all that much but the technology is vastly improved at a lower cost than previously. Happy to have more powerful, lower cost boxes for idling.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

Intel will have no answer for it any time soon, I know its a desktop CPU but when it outperforms intel's best server range you need to start asking yourself if you want to go the way of the dinosaurs as a DC operator.

Thanked by (1)vimalware

@AnthonySmith said:
    Intel will have no answer for it any time soon, I know its a desktop CPU but when it outperforms intel's best server range you need to start asking yourself if you want to go the way of the dinosaurs as a DC operator.

It's why I run VPS on it, and will run almost all if not all of my VPS on them in the future. Better performance, has server motherboards, supports ECC. Epyc and shit is good if you need some of the very specific features but this isn't AWS or Azure.

Thanked by (1)InceptionHosting

Yours truly.

@MikeA said:

@AnthonySmith said:

It's why I run VPS on it, and will run almost all if not all of my VPS on them in the future. Better performance, has server motherboards, supports ECC. Epyc and shit is good if you need some of the very specific features but this isn't AWS or Azure.

yeah, spoke to a couple of suppliers and was pretty disappointed in the "no its desktop" response, I imagine if they come out with ryzen 3 blades that will be a game changer.

edited November 2019

@AnthonySmith said:

@MikeA said:

@AnthonySmith said:

yeah, spoke to a couple of suppliers and was pretty disappointed in the "no its desktop" response, I imagine if they come out with ryzen 3 blades that will be a game changer.

Well ASRockRack has rackmount 1U for Ryzen, they are good, just like their AM4 server boards. I think Gigabyte is in the process of making one also. Big suppliers probably won't do Ryzen stuff anyways since they probably don't get a cut of the expensive servers. Why sell Ryzen when people can bank off of a $2000 CPU and $1000 motherboard instead lol.

Thanked by (1)vimalware

Yours truly.

• webtropia, they also run a blackfriday deal

tgl said: webtropia

front page:

• RYZEN PRO SERVER
    • Intel i7-4790k CPU
    • 4 x 4.0 GHz

Hmm..... are they sure hehe.

• Get a ikea shelf and put some desktop ryzen on it, do it like a Interwerk DC.

Neoon said: Get a ikea shelf and put some desktop ryzen on it, do it like a Interwerk DC.

I do have some spare shoe boxes... could work.

• @AnthonySmith i used in the past, the network is not that great, also the support, but the prices are low

• @AnthonySmith said:

Neoon said: Get a ikea shelf and put some desktop ryzen on it, do it like a Interwerk DC.

I do have some spare shoe boxes... could work.

No I mean seriously, get a IKEA shelf and put some desktops ryzen on it.
    A lot of people do that, works well.

Thanked by (1)poisson
  • Probably difficult for suppliers to change an established model but I think providers should do the math and see if it is cost-effective to roll your own. Better performance (probably can have more boxes per node without sacrificing performance, thus increasing profits), lower upfront cost, lower electricity cost, better security.. a lot of compelling reasons to roll your own.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Ryzen is tasty. Waiting for Ryzen BF deals

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• someshzadesomeshzade Hosting ProviderOG

ReliableSite +1

Nexa Racks - Reliable Web Hosting Company