Hosthatch VPS for Transfer (Update: Transferred)

vyasvyas OG
edited September 2020 in General

Update:
Sept 4, 2020
Transferred! Thanks !

I am actually considering letting this one go, i.e. not renewing the service, for the reasons below

Hosthatch have responded to my ticket on transfer with updated details ; as follows:
a. I pay the annual renewal and the transfer fees (Total: US $ 17.5)
b. I charge this amount to the 'buyer'
c. Hosthatch transfer the VPS to them.

Including PP fees, this bring the overall 'cost' to the buyer US $ 19.

And
$ 15 for later years.

I understand HH's point of view, but I don't agree with it. (I had transferred a couple of VPS'es where the new user paid the provider directly)~~

Original post

I have a Hosthatch VPS that I no longer need, you can take over if interested.

you can transfer it to you by paying Hosthatch directly

Please note the requirements from Hosthatch:
 "Ownership transfer will invoke $2.5 service fee and we may require 
the user to have valid user profile in our system. Thereafter, the user
 is required to raise a ticket and verify of this ownership transfer."~~

When you raise a ticket with Hosthatch for the transfer, user reference: Ticket ID: #723679
CPU: 1 X 3 Ghz (30%)
RAM: 1 GB + 1 G Swap
Disk: 15 GB NVMe
Bandwidth: 5 TB
Price US $ 15 per year + US $ 2.5 Transfer fees to Hosthatch --> You pay directly to Hosthatch
My current plan ends on Sept 5, 2020.

You can search on OGF for the terms of this deal - from September 2019.

Tagged:

Comments

• Nice deal, is Windows supported or custom ISO supported?

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • @sonic said:
    Nice deal, is Windows supported or custom ISO supported?

No idea you might want to check with Hosthatch.. cheers

• @sonic said:
    Nice deal, is Windows supported or custom ISO supported?

No Windows templates, but custom ISOs are supported. You can upload them via the panel and mount them from there.

Uploaded ISOs show up in the "Select ISO template" list
    Hosthatch panel

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • I missed the custom iso part... yes that is supported...

• Can you check if this can be relocated to their other locations?

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @thedp said:
    Can you check if this can be relocated to their other locations?

I believe there is no location change for promotional VPS

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• Hosthatch has the slowest support -- almost like ovh

so just to let you know.

Thanked by (1)TheDP
  • @ehab said:
    Hosthatch has the slowest support -- almost like ovh

so just to let you know.

In my experience, they reply within 1 hour since I open a ticket.

Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• might be the first ticket.... i don't want to dump my ticket page and see the 11 and more days -- some are even i close.

• @ehab said:
    might be the first ticket.... i don't want to dump my ticket page and see the 11 and more days -- some are even i close.

I have only 3 solved tickets.. very prem eh.. hehehe..

• They have not do any promotion for a while. Kind of miss them.

Action and Reaction in history

• @elliotc said:
    They have not do any promotion for a while. Kind of miss them.

There will be in 2 months.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• bdlbdl OG
    edited September 2020

@chocolateshirt said:

@ehab said:

so just to let you know.

I've found them to be very responsive, too

• @bdl said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@ehab said:

so just to let you know.

Their support is in par with OVH and I have escalated that to Abdullah in the past numerous times and even schooled support on how to handle tickets :joy:

And from then on, I have learned that I can't expect too much (or maybe best to expect nothing) especially when I'm paying promo/BF kinda prices.

Thanked by (1)bdl

• @thedp said:

@bdl said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@ehab said:

so just to let you know.

Their support is in par with OVH and I have escalated that to Abdullah in the past numerous times and even schooled support on how to handle tickets :joy:

And from then on, I have learned that I can't expect too much (or maybe best to expect nothing) especially when I'm paying promo/BF kinda prices.

I must admit many of my requests have been really simple tasks, so maybe I've been lucky :)

• Updates:
    a. See my OP with updates from HH
    b. I have received responses from HH in a couple fo hours' time as well.

• It does seem a little weird. The $2.50 transfer fee is all that really needs to be paid up front. After that it's my machine and I renew it or don't.

• devdev OG
    edited September 2020

@skorous said:
    It does seem a little weird. The $2.50 transfer fee is all that really needs to be paid up front. After that it's my machine and I renew it or don't.

The vps is basically due tomorrow... Transfer takes more time than a single day, so the vps would have already been expired if not renewed.

• @dev said: The vps is basically due tomorrow... Transfer takes more time than a single day, so the vps would have already been expired if not renewed.

Nope, took about 12 hours.

@vyas said: Update: I am actually considering letting this one go, i.e. not renewing the service, for the reasons below.

I talked with them a little bit. What I took from it was they're reviewing all transfers because some people are actually selling promotional machines and not disclosing that promo machines have special conditions ( upgrade limitations, etc... ). The receiving parties then cause problems when they hit such a limitation. I already had machines from that same promo so they were more than willing to just transfer it to me direct. Got it this morning.

Thanks, Vyas!

Thanked by (2)dev bdl
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited September 2020

Hola!
    Cool @skorous for the explanation..makes a lot of sense now.

I guess that makes me guiilty by association for (wrongly) assuming that the new user will be happy with the current specifications. Lesson learnt!

And also explains the email I received from HH That mentioned VPs had been transferred.
    I was about to ask them what was going on....

Enjoy !! And thanks for taking over.

——-

There were a few others who had messaged me via PM and offered to take over- thanks to them also

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • @skorous said:

@dev said: The vps is basically due tomorrow... Transfer takes more time than a single day, so the vps would have already been expired if not renewed.

Nope, took about 12 hours.

@vyas said: Update: I am actually considering letting this one go, i.e. not renewing the service, for the reasons below.

I talked with them a little bit. What I took from it was they're reviewing all transfers because some people are actually selling promotional machines and not disclosing that promo machines have special conditions ( upgrade limitations, etc... ). The receiving parties then cause problems when they hit such a limitation. I already had machines from that same promo so they were more than willing to just transfer it to me direct. Got it this morning.

Thanks, Vyas!

Ah... I’ve only done virmach transfers, and these take at least a few days ? Plus, I’ve heard of slow support with promotional services from hosthatch, so that must have added things. Sorry for the mistake :(

• vyasvyas OG
    edited September 2020

@dev said:

Ah... I’ve only done virmach transfers, and these take at least a few days ? Plus, I’ve heard of slow support with promotional services from hosthatch, so that must have added things. Sorry for the mistake :(

Hey I had read about the Virmach process. Last month I had transferred Avoro VPS- it was a matter of one ticket. HH was a bit of a surprise, but now it all adds up.

• @dev said: Ah... I’ve only done virmach transfers, and these take at least a few days Plus, I’ve heard of slow support with promotional services from hosthatch, so that must have added things. Sorry for the mistake :(

No worries. I only mentioned it so people would know my experience.

I've actually found Hosthatch to be very responsive for anything they can do in short order. "Can you transfer this VPS?" Done. "Can I get a private interface added?" Done. "Can we get a template for [x]?" Done. "I'm having trouble uploading a custom ISO in Chicago. It just tells me 'There has been a problem. Please try again later.' This he has to research plus he needs to tease out if I'm a goober or not - it may take longer.

• hosthatchhosthatch Hosting Provider

@ehab said:
    might be the first ticket.... i don't want to dump my ticket page and see the 11 and more days -- some are even i close.

If this happened on a non-promo server in the last one year, please send me an email (abdullah@) and I will add 5 years of free service for you as compensation.

If it happened on a highly discounted promotional plan - then I can only apologize and clarify that we provide these plans in some of the best and most premium datacenters in the world (https://hosthatch.com/features#datacenters), on premium network mixes, and on high performance, undersold hardware. We do try our best to provide good support on these plans, unfortunately it is not always possible. Quality human time costs a lot of money.

Personally, I think OVH level support for a promotional service that costs $1.5 per month is still great value - but again, we try our best to do better.

We also provide non-promotional plans that are very fairly priced :)

• Welcome to the forum @hosthatch - any promos planned in the near future? :smile:

Thanked by (1)bdl
  • @hosthatch said:

this only means take promotional plans with cation -- just like virmach.