Looking for Nextcloud / file syncing server

• In USA: Dallas or Miami preferred but not limited to those cities (I'm in Latin America).
  • At least 500GB
  • 2TB bandwith minimun with option to buy more if the limit is reached. I prefer suspension over automated charges.
  • Reliable providers.

Not sure about the cores, this is for Nextcloud with a team of 5 people.

Tagged:

Comments

• I'd pick up a slice and slab (even if the slab is in NY or LV) from BuyVM in the next couple weeks when Miami opens up for them.

Thanked by (1)imok
  • @seriesn Nexusbyte in NY or Miami - Storage or Hybrid servers
    @Francisco BuyVM in NY - Slice + Slab
    @AnthonySmith Inception Hosting in Phoenix
    @Clouvider in NY and Atlanta - Not sure if there are any LET providers in their network in these locations
    @key900 LetBox - said they were setting up in Miami

• I recommend you Hetzner storage share.
    I was self-hosting my nextcloud for 1 year, but no matter where I put my container with nextcloud, I always felt that my nextcloud was slow.

Latin America too.

Thanked by (2)vimalware Hetzner_OL

Ruby, JS Programmer and Linux user

• So this is lika a semi managed Nextcloud account? Nice.

No problems being too far away?

Thanked by (1)Hetzner_OL
  • edited September 2020

@jam said:
    I recommend you Hetzner storage share.
    I was self-hosting my nextcloud for 1 year, but no matter where I put my container with nextcloud, I always felt that my nextcloud was slow.

Latin America too.

what was the biggest vps spec you had for nextcloud?

• I used the 1 click installer on Vultr which has a bunch of different locations. It works fine though it costs a bit more than many LES providers. I'm using a $5/m 1GB instance. Since it's temporary I didn't bother doing a self-install on a cheaper VPS.

• We do a managed NextCloud option, or a one of setup fee on the storage servers.

Can also do a hybrid NVMe/HDD setup which should offer faster speeds if you've got a very busy NextCloud setup - the downside is they're EU at the minute.

Thanked by (2)imok Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Hosting ProviderOG

@Mr_Tom said:
    We do a managed NextCloud option, or a one of setup fee on the storage servers.

Can also do a hybrid NVMe/HDD setup which should offer faster speeds if you've got a very busy NextCloud setup - the downside is they're EU at the minute.

Whenever you need Tom :>

• @Clouvider said: Whenever you need Tom

The NVMe side of things is almost ready - but as I've been tied up with that amonst other things I've not really thought about HDD/storage side of things in the US yet ;)

• jamjam
    edited September 2020

@imok said:
    So this is lika a semi managed Nextcloud account? Nice.

I thinks this is managed, Hetzner take care of hosting, configuration and updates and you just use it.

@imok said:
    No problems being too far away?

Not for me at the moment, i have 3 really bad ISP but i notice a better performance with the Nextcloud from Hetzner than my self-hosted options in NY/Miami ...

@ehab said:

@jam said:
    I recommend you Hetzner storage share.

Latin America too.

what was the biggest vps spec you had for nextcloud?

• A Hetzner dedicated server whit 64GB Ram + 2 x 512 datacenter SSD and not remember the cpu.
    • 2 Cores AMD + 8Gb Ram + 160Gb SSD + 512 GB Block Storage from BuyVM.

I thinks probably my issue was configuration/tuning, but i do not have time for do that.

Thanked by (2)imok Hetzner_OL

Ruby, JS Programmer and Linux user