Get Keepsolid VPN + Keepsolid SmartDNS Lifetime for 36$

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
edited September 2020 in General

If you haven't gotten one of the two Keepsolid products yet, you can get this bundle of Keepsolid VPN and Keepsolid SmartDNS for a total of 36$ on Stacksocial with code vipsale40 .

https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-ultimate-keepsolid-lifetime-subscription-bundle

Read this article if you don't know the difference between a VPN and a SmartDNS.

There are currently more than 20+ LET/LES users who have purchased VPNUnlimited/Keepsolid VPN. For more details read my VPN LTD Comparison chart in this thread to find out more about VPNUnlimited/Keepsolid VPN and SmartDNS.

FAQ:

Can I trust a "no logs VPN provider with my life or other mission critical stuff?

No.

How fast is this VPN?

A user from the LE community (see aforementioned thread) measured up to 400 Mbps.

Is Wireguard supported with the VPN?

Yes.

Flix?

Flix USA only afaik (for both vpn/dns).

I hate VPNs and I don't see why people would trust them with their data. Grrrr...

Not everyone using a VPN "trusts" the provider with their (crucial) data and some are only selectively enabling VPN traffic. Also, not all logs are bad. Some are required for technical purposes such as device restrictions.

What is their log policy?

https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/help/more-about-vpn/best-no-log-vpn

Thanked by (1)dosai

Comments

• Simple review about them

U.S. Netflix and Disney+ works flawlessly
    Their servers can be a hit-and-miss. I get around 300Mbps on fast times, and down to 1-3Mbps when slow.
    There is no API/DDNS to update IP when using SmartDNS. You have to manually update IP every time your IP updates, or you move to another network.
    Not that many locations compared to Windscribe.
    Suuuper cheap (especially if you don't need the SmartDNS)

TL;DR if you need a VPN with U.S. streaming, go for it.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited September 2020

@sanvit said:
    Simple review about them

Their servers can be a hit-and-miss. I get around 300Mbps on fast times, and down to 1-3Mbps when slow.
    There is no API/DDNS to update IP when using SmartDNS. You have to manually update IP every time your IP updates, or you move to another network.

Nice summary :) Your IP can be updated automatically via Keepsolid SmartDNS phone app, in case you didn't know.

• @Ympker said:

@sanvit said:
    Simple review about them

Nice summary :) Your IP can be updated automatically via Keepsolid SmartDNS phone app, in case you didn't know.

That actually doesn't work as expected. The app only updates IPs when you click connect, which means it doesn't auto update when your dynamic IP changes, or you reconnect to a new network (you need to disable and re-enable SmartDNS app to update the IP)

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:
    Simple review about them

That actually doesn't work as expected. The app only updates IPs when you click connect, which means it doesn't auto update when your dynamic IP changes, or you reconnect to a new network (you need to disable and re-enable SmartDNS app to update the IP)

Never noticed this; that being said using Getflix SmartDNS most of the time so that's probably why. However, I seem to have a static ip kinda since Getflix also doesn't autoupdate iirc and it still works :P

• @Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:
    Simple review about them

Never noticed this; that being said using Getflix SmartDNS most of the time so that's probably why. However, I seem to have a static ip kinda since Getflix also doesn't autoupdate iirc and it still works :P

Depends on the ISP tbh. Mine is static for years now, but I heard other ISPs with low volumes of IP does change a lot.

I hsve set up windows task scheduler to ping the Getflix URL every 15 minutes or so. Only using KeepSolid lifetime on my phone, as getflix doesn't support Netflix on mobile :)

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited September 2020

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:
    Simple review about them

Depends on the ISP tbh. Mine is static for years now, but I heard other ISPs with low volumes of IP does change a lot.

I hsve set up windows task scheduler to ping the Getflix URL every 15 minutes or so. Only using KeepSolid lifetime on my phone, as getflix doesn't support Netflix on mobile :)

Nice :) True lol.
    Especially in Germany IPs tend to change often due to ISPs.

Thanked by (1)sanvit
  • they have traffic limit of 900 gb per month .

edited September 2020

@Zoro said:
    they have traffic limit of 900 gb per month .

Quoting myself from another forum:

@Ympker said:

@Luke007 said:
    Is manual configuration for Wireguard windows and android client available?

In the user office I can create manual config files for both, my phone and my computer :)

Regarding the 900GB/month Fair Use Policy:

I contacted VPNUnlimited support regarding the 900GB/month FUP and they said the following:

Your connection speed may drop to 5 Mbit/s, or it may not drop at all.

Throttling only lasts until the end of month though. Sounds fair enough to me. If they want LTD users pushing more than 900GB/month I think that is still a reasonable limit. I also see no problem when they don't limit regular monthly/yearly paying customers since they pay much more than us LTD ppl who purchased for 15-40$ lifetime. With 5 Mbit/s you can still watch YouTube in HD and browse normally :) On my 1 Mbit/s O2 Telefonica (mobile phone isp) throttle I can even watch YouTube, Netflix and Twitch.

Tl;dr: You may be limited to 5 Mbit/s till the end of month, or you won't be limited at all. So doesn't seem strictly enforced.

That being said, you are free to pay their monthly/yearly plan and have no such "limit" at all. Having this 900GB "limit" for LTD users, some of which paid a lousy 15$, is more than fair imho.

• So bad i cannot purchase one because i am saving to build a gaming pc this month hope it comes back on black friday

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net