Plesk also increasing pricing as of 1st Jan 2021

InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
edited October 2020 in Industry News

https://www.plesk.com/pricing/

Although a bit more modest than cPanel.

bets WHMCS is next?

https://inceptionhosting.com
Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

Comments

• wow that escalates pretty quickly . MORE VPS less shared hosting i guess !!! THat s 20% UP to the actual price , wow

Dentistry is my passion

• someshzadesomeshzade Hosting ProviderOG

WTF!

Nexa Racks - Reliable Web Hosting Company

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Happy with Blesta for billing and if I ever need a self hosted cp again for web hosting it's gonna be DA or ISPConfig/Keyhelp :)

Thanked by (2)mikho wdmg
  • Do people use lot of shared hosting ? ? Nah it's just VPS ?

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@deepak_leb said:
    Do people use lot of shared hosting ? ? Nah it's just VPS ?

Personally, I have shifted all my web projects and client projects to shared/reseller over using a vps. More convenient, daily Backups with JetBackup, a nice CP like DA/cPanel or Plesk and I don't need to pay any license fee. If I didnt have Blesta already I'd even get a free Blesta with HM Reseller. It's been way more chill since I switched to performant shared hosting and stopped dealing with server management etc.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin deepak_leb
  • The end is dickly nigh.

I don't care. I just love the drama.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• You guys should check out my previous posts under this & previous account. I have predicted this numerous times that it will repeatedly happen to all their brands. WHMCS is next

Recommend: MyRoot.PW|BuyVM|Inception Hosting|Prometeus

• edited October 2020

@Ympker said:

@deepak_leb said:
    Do people use lot of shared hosting ? ? Nah it's just VPS ?

Personally, I have shifted all my web projects and client projects to shared/reseller over using a vps. More convenient, daily Backups with JetBackup, a nice CP like DA/cPanel or Plesk and I don't need to pay any license fee. If I didnt have Blesta already I'd even get a free Blesta with HM Reseller. It's been way more chill since I switched to performant shared hosting and stopped dealing with server management etc.

Right. But you gotta find a good provider that understands and offers that. Many shared hosting providers stack um beyond deep.

Also sometimes it's just a security thing. Personally I wouldn't run a ecommerce of billing management site on shared. MANY do with 0 issues but just not for me

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    https://www.plesk.com/pricing/

Although a bit more modest than cPanel.

bets WHMCS is next?

What was it before?

• I use shared hosting for a personal site, having figured that it would be more reliable than a VPS since someone else would be looking after monitoring, restarts, backups etc. But in fact it's down awfully frequently. I'm thinking about what to do instead. One idea is move everything to cloudflare workers.

I played with VestaCP a few versions ago but it seemed to be missing a lot of features. Wonder what chance there is of kickstarter funding for more development.

WHM is a scam since like wordpress, most of its value come from the plug-in ecosystem that was developed by users rather than the vendor. The price increase then cashes in on that extra work that has been done at no cost to the WHM vendor.