#Kube100 by Civo

Marketed as the world’s first k3s-powered, managed Kubernetes service I started kicking the tires this weekend, and so far I am really impressed. Very easy to use, and fast :)

Figured some of you might be interested https://www.civo.com/kube100

:)

Thanked by (1)ehab

Comments

• edited October 2020

This news itself isn't that interesting given that this is really bare bones (I took a glance at their features and prices pages and couldn't find any mention of persistent volumes nor load balancers, only VMs - weird pricing), and there already is some lowend competition providing full fledged k8s (Linode, DO, Scaleway and OVH - all of which seem to have cheaper VMs.. well maybe not Scaleway with their recent price hike), not to mention 3 (or even 6? not sure about Alibaba, IBM and Oracle...) hyperscale clouds which already have mature managed Kubernetes - whereas TBH for me k3s is more a lightweight use-it-in-your-cheapo-cluster alternative...

So I'm not that stoked by the thing itself, however, you've left out the possibly most interesting part lol! ;)

Please note: As our #KUBE100 Kubernetes service is currently in beta, all accepted applicants will receive a $70 discount on monthly invoices.
    Any use of services that exceed the $70 free credit allowance will be billable as normal."

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• Marketed as the world’s first k3s-powered, managed Kubernetes service

Is this in LOL territory? Everyone is doing that now.

• @willie said:

Marketed as the world’s first k3s-powered, managed Kubernetes service

Is this in LOL territory? Everyone is doing that now.

k3s-powered?