1TB Koofr Lifetime Storage on SALE for 86€

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
edited October 2020 in General

Koofr was founded in 2013 (iirc) and can be best imagined as something like GDrive/Dropbox/OneDrive from the User Experience and workflow. Throw in some nice extras like integration with the aforementioned major players, WebDav (some wordpress plugins can backup to webdav so that's great), good performance and location in EU make 86€ for 1TB lifetime a steal.

Personally, I couldn't be happier with Koofr and I purchased the LTD in November 2019. Let's see where this journey goes ;)

Tl;dr: Very happy with Koofr. Dropped 1Fichier for it although I miss the FTP. Integrates with GDrive/OneDrive/Dropbox and lets you move files back and forth.

@vyas is the one who hooked me up with Koofr a couple of months ago. 150% worth it so far :)

Koofr Company Location: Slowenia
Servers: Hetzner

https://stacksocial.com/sales/koofr-cloud-storage-plans-lifetime-subscription-1tb

Use code: SDFALL40SAVE

Thanked by (3)Chievo vyas someTom

Comments

• Been with Koofr for a year now. Nothing bad to say really. Highly recommend.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

DOS = HIGH?!?
    I knew it was on something!

• Lifetime :#

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited October 2020

@deepak_leb said:
    Lifetime :#

Copying my answer from the other forum:

Lifetime always refers to the lifetime of the company or yours. Whichever comes first. A contract of this kind ends when you die, naturally. The other possible outcome, which usually is the more likely one, is that you come to see the company's demise at some point, at which you should have gotten your money's worth out of the product by then. Obviously, if a company is dissolved, files for bankruptcy or similar services are likely not to be continued.

Hope this helps :) Although it always appears logical to me, it happens quite often people ask this. Maybe sometimes it's also to provoke as to "why would you buy a lifetime deal? it's scaaaaam?!", but luckily that's coming only from a few trolls.

That being said, I have grabbed some nice LTD SaaS so far. Glorifyapp, MyW.pt Reseller, several VPN LTDs, Koofr, Crello and others :P In the end, if they close down just move the data. 1TB is not as much as the ppl on /r/datahoarder store. And Hetzner servers get the upload/download done fast :)

I do think, however, that LTD's should perhaps be renamed to "one-time charge" to avoid confusion as many ppl seem to get confused or turned off by the word "lifetime". The phrase "one-time charge" would still convey the idea of no recurring invoices/bills while sounding perhaps a bit closer to what people would consider "legit".

• Gngkfnfmmfmf I have to hold it and hope for an even lower price on Black Friday

Thanked by (2)Ympker VPN

@sgheghele said:
    Gngkfnfmmfmf I have to hold it and hope for an even lower price on Black Friday

Good luck :) But odds are good, I think :)

• Here lifetime means life time of server or HDD or it is cloud like setting with full backup?

@gks said:
    Here lifetime means life time of server or HDD or it is cloud like setting with full backup?

It is like GDrive or Dropbox. They take care of the drives. It is cloud storage.

• Already have 250 GB, I guess I must hope for upgrade special for BF or something ...

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Do they own their drives or do they rent those as well?

edited October 2020

@vimalware said:
    Do they own their drives or do they rent those as well?

I don't know. I hope they use Hetzner's drives though since they are usually performant and replaced if bad rather quickly. With own drives all these processes of replacing drives or similar may take exceptionally longer.

Thanked by (1)Hetzner_OL
  • Anyone want to post/send me their referral link for koofr. Just going to start out with the free for now for testing. tx.

• All,
    Posting How To use koofr to transfer files from/to gDrive to OneDrive or Dropbox

I posted this in a different forum, posting it here for the resident Koofr fan club. Caveat: check TOS before going the whole hog.

Transfer files between 2 gDrives or gDrive and One Drive using Koofr

Below works for web browser not sure about desktop apps

For koofr quantum of data transfer will determine the below. I have moved 2 TB no hassle

1. Connect gdrive A and one drive (or Dropbox) to koofr
    2. Copy from gdrive A to One Drive via koofr
    3. Disconnect gdrive A
    4. Connect gdrive B
    5. Copy from OneDrive to gDrive B
  • thanks, just what i need since my zoolz lifetime deal just wents titsup.

neverlearn

• @someTom said:
    thanks, just what i need since my zoolz lifetime deal just wents titsup.

neverlearn

Did you get the “We are not crooks” email from Zoolz?

• Did you get the “We are not crooks” email from Zoolz?

yes, my favourite quote from this email is this: "we did honour our lifetime deals for seven years"

Thanked by (1)vyas