Moss shuts down

Hi x,

I'm deeply sorry to tell you that Moss will shut down in the next few months. We've been struggling with > financial problems and we cannot keep providing the service any longer.

This is not the kind of email I'd like to be sending you, and I'm very sorry for the inconveniences that the > shutdown may cause you. Apologies beforehand. And please take the following into account:

1. Leave them as they are. Despite Moss won't be available, your servers and websites will keep running. This is a valid option if you feel comfortable managing your servers on your own.
  2. Migrate your applications to new servers or platforms. For that, you can use a similar process as the one described in our documentation. E.g. check our Laravel application https://moss-aa63d83f099b.intercom-clicks.com/via/e?ob=9ffXeQG0C0FzxsVnw3CGgiCOVkASzi%2FAosmZ9OwVg6dVWcUG%2FvdQpEfEVArDq82E&h=7b2d413568278fa7665a5cb91afc91864a592720-yjfkg980_64840900003447&l=40ee6939619bf5d28d0901dad1e098184ef2e069-4335297 or WordPress site https://moss-aa63d83f099b.intercom-clicks.com/via/e?ob=Ffap3u%2BEEge9aa2u7DlSuPD%2FVUJuFyGhDl1g0chebXq2nUeV%2FcvGgx5XQGMd4tJP&h=b6498307bfd2933e6d15642feddf7dda33d44731-yjfkg980_64840900003447&l=7df30518cb5c2ef7ebefc3ec5c5a51451b4dc8ec-4335298 examples. There are quite a few tools out there which are similar to Moss. They can help you manage your servers so, if you choose one of them, don't forget to check their documentation about migrating existing applications.
    As you know, paid plans are charged at the beginning of the billing period (month or year). Canceling your subscription is equivalent to "not renewing the next period". Thus, once you've decided what to do with your servers, you can cancel your subscription whenever you want (remember that if you do nothing, your subscription will cancel on November 30). In case you're subscribed to a legacy yearly plan and you cancel it, send us a message and we'll refund the proportional amount you haven't consumed yet.

With these measures, we hope you have enough time to move out from Moss in the best possible way. You can get in touch in case you have any question.

Thank you so much for having trusted Moss all this time. We deeply regret we haven't been able to meet your expectations and offer you a lasting service.

Best wishes,
Francisco

Comments

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Moss?

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• edited August 2020

@AnthonySmith said:
    Moss?

Moss.sh.

Moss is a virtual sysadmin that helps you deploy, manage, and monitor your servers and websites easily and securely.

I just started using it like a month ago, pretty decent and simple to use, they also had a generous free plan.

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Seems reasonably graceful as far as bailing goes

• I don't know if it would have helped in the long run, but their plans seemed to offer too much for free. I'm sad to see them have to shut down.

Thanked by (1)Naix
  • For a second I panicked, thinking it was the awesome mosh by MIT

• Only Moss I know is Mini One Stop Shop.

We're not gonna get rid of anybody. We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man, you stay with him. And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished. We're finished. All of us.

• I was gonna start using it, but thankfully my laziness saved me

• vyasvyas OG
    edited September 2020

@foxone said:
    I was gonna start using it, but thankfully my laziness saved me

The sent the shutdown email the day I signed up . Thank goodness for disposable emails

• sanvitsanvit OG
    edited October 2020

Moss isn't shutting down after all

Hi XXXXXXX,

I'm excited to announce that Moss is in the process of being acquired by a UK company. So therefore, Moss isn't going to close after all! Pricing will remain the same and development will continue.

We'll be transferring the platform to the acquirer during the next few weeks. You'll receive another email once the transfer is complete, with a formal introduction and a roadmap of the features that will be built next.

We're very happy that Moss will keep working, evolving, and servicing our users.

Thanks a lot, and wish you all the best!
    Francisco

Got this mail today

Thanked by (1)Naix
  • that sucks :) got all my stuff over, and forgot one website :P And now they get it going again^^