Just curious, who here no longer visits LET?

alentoalento Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

I had a conversation with a provider who never came here from LET. His reasoning? "Everyone at LES also visits LET", which I am not so sure of ... so I thought it would be good to see what is the reality.

Do you still visit the other place?
  1. How often do you visit Low End Talk173 votes
    1. Often
      51.45%
    2. Rarely
      37.57%
    3. Never
      10.98%

Recommended providers: BuyVM - MXroute - LunaNode - Forpsi - IntoVPS
Contact me for all of your Mail-in-a-Box email hosting needs at AnyDomain. I am also a proud reseller of MXroute email.

Comments

• @alento said:
    I had a conversation with a provider who never came here from LET. His reasoning? "Everyone at LES also visits LET", which I am not so sure of ... so I thought it would be good to see what is the reality.

Rarely may be once per month or even less

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Dentistry is my passion

• Every single ducking day to troll.

But that place is really declining at an alarming pace. There ain't just enough people to troll anymore.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• i pass by just to check who is still posting offers... that's all. i don't care if it completely stopped.

• edited November 2020

btw, you should add

• sometimes, when there is nothing in LES

as an option.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

I visit so rarely I sometimes forget it exists. Benefit of having the memory of a goldfish, I suppose.

Went from visiting probably 10-15 times a day to maybe once or twice a month. I'm only reminded when somebody links a drama thread or brings up a low end scammer lol

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• I still visit LET for the drama

Thanked by (2)Ganonk chocolateshirt
  • Once or twice a month to check for offers but I would probably stop if we had the offers here.

Thanked by (1)AaronSS
  • Never visit since I made the switch. It does feel like there used to be tons more offers over there. Dunno, Don't care.

• hunting kvm under $5/y with good specs :3

• I look at it once in a while. I used to log in by reflex, but I removed the entry from my password manager so it no longer gets filled automatically and I don't know what the password is. That's less drastic than disabling/deleting the account permanently, since I could still do a password reset through email if I wanted to log in, but I've gone without doing so for many months and don't miss it.

• Occasionally, maybe every other week? I rarely log in anymore.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Every da.... never, unless I get a skype message or PM that someone is talking shit, but even then I don't bother responding.

Thanked by (1)Ganonk

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Ever so often. Much less frequently than before.

Thanked by (1)AaronSS
  • I open it daily, check if cest pit was touched and close it when it hasnt

Thanked by (1)webcraft

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• @Mason said: Went from visiting probably 10-15 times a day to maybe once or twice a month

This, exactly this.

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • frequently to see if theres any new drama and offers

Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • alentoalento Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

@Mason said: Went from visiting probably 10-15 times a day to maybe once or twice a month.

I might as well throw my answer in as well ... I actually didn't visit for a few months, but getting closer to Black Friday, I figured I'd poke my head in .... but it just isn't the same - which is both good, and bad.

Thanked by (1)Mason

Recommended providers: BuyVM - MXroute - LunaNode - Forpsi - IntoVPS
    Contact me for all of your Mail-in-a-Box email hosting needs at AnyDomain. I am also a proud reseller of MXroute email.

• I haven't visited for months

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• let is down now

• Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Hosting Provider

@Ganonk said:
    let is down now

Yes. For me too.
    Lowendtalk.com Status
    Is lowendtalk.com down right now?
    It's not just you! lowendtalk.com is down.

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/lowendtalk.com

✓✓Only shared hosting-both DA and cPanel Still in 2006

• Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Hosting Provider

LET is up now.

✓✓Only shared hosting-both DA and cPanel Still in 2006

• I visit both, sometimes WHT and even the occasional glance at hostedtalk. I show interest where I find something interesting to me. But the reality is you will find the same content duplicated on LET/LES. In honesty, I look more at LET than LES, probably more through habit but the carbon copy appearance pushes me away from the need to visit two sites that are essentially identical in look and content.

Thanked by (2)webcraft AlSwearengen
  • I visit daily for the trolls.

The only time I don't bother to follow along are the black Friday frenzy megathreads.

I've already renewed almost everything for the next year.

Thanked by (2)chocolateshirt Falzo
  • AmitzAmitz OG
    edited November 2020

I visit LES at least once a week (even though I just found out that I was not logged in all the time since weeks (months?) without noticing) and I am on LET maybe every 1-2 months. Only to see if LET is still the old piece of shit and it mostly is. ;-)

Servers & everything around have always only been a hobby of mine. Now my parents are getting quite old with all attached issues and I assist them half of my daytime. The rest is dedicated to work, my partner and tiny amounts of sleep.

How are you guys doing? All fine?

Feel hugged,
    Amitz

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• daily i visit LET since years during 'offers' time like thanksgiving, etc.
    else its once in 3 or 4 days to check who's offering what and who's got duped by millions of $$$ due to host not refunding or the regular 'LET drama'.
    since many posts on LET are mirrored on LES (and vice-versa), there's no point in visiting 2 similar forums daily.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Amitz said:
    I visit LES at least once a week (even though I just found out that I was not logged in all the time since weeks (months?) without noticing) and I am on LET maybe every 1-2 months. Only to see if LET is still the old piece of shit and it mostly is. ;-)

Servers & everything around have always only been a hobby of mine. Now my parents are getting quite old with all attached issues and I assist them half of my daytime. The rest is dedicated to work, my partner and tiny amounts of sleep.

Feel hugged,
    Amitz

Phew, was getting worried.

Welcome back.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited November 2020

@Amitz said:

Feel hugged,
    Amitz

Good to hear from you again mate. That's life, I guess. Glad to hear you are doing well. I am also quite busy these but luckily in good condition and in good health.

Take care :)

Thanked by (1)Amitz
  • LET is down (again) :triumph:

• @valkyrie said:
    LET is down (again) :triumph:

Dispute.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• What dispute? Or just the dispute?