Hetzner AX41 for Transfer [Transferred]

edited November 2020 in General

PM me if interested. First come, first serve.

Comments

• are you interested in splitting the server with me?

• edited November 2020

@ehab said:
    are you interested in splitting the server with me?

Maybe. PM me :)

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • lets take this on pm.

• SagnikSSagnikS Hosting ProviderOG

What location is it?

• @SagnikS said:
    What location is it?

Helsinki

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @aaronstuder said:
    PM me if interested. First come, first serve.

If still available, I'd like to get it. Thnx

Thanked by (1)AaronSS
  • @ehab said:
    are you interested in splitting the server with me?

are you interested in splitting the server with me? also looking for this

• anyone want to split a hetzner box on a 10gbit connection? that's something I'd be interested in.

• Splits the box four ways, inadvertently becomes a VDS hosting company ;)

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• For the people interesting in splitting - I am testing to see how well that would work.

• go ahead @aaronstuder time to start your company aronkvm™

• LEKVM!

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• Looking great this server :)

• @thedp said:
    LEKVM!

LESkvm.com is available go go go

Dentistry is my passion

• lol make it a non-profit

• I am also interested in AX-41 or AX-51 splitting, if anyone is planning, pls PM.

• edited November 2020

I have completed a bunch of testing today, and everything seems to be working great! I'll be working with @ehab to do some more testing for the next day or two. If everything goes well, then I'll order more servers and offer them up - I'll keep posting updates :)

• yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider

@aaronstuder said:
    I have completed a bunch of testing today, and everything seems to be working great! I'll be working with @ehab to do some more testing for the next day or two. If everything goes well, then I'll order more servers and offer them up - I'll keep posting updates :)

I can assure you it will end up ugly, unless you can selectively choose who you want to be your neighbor. In that case you probably lose a little bit of sleep, and a few sanity. You are after all, works for free.

• @yokowasis said: I can assure you it will end up ugly, unless you can selectively choose who you want to be your neighbor.

I am sorry, but I don't understand? The resources are dedicated, and your only talking about 2 - 4 people per server. What I am missing?

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@aaronstuder said: I have completed a bunch of testing today, and everything seems to be working great!

How are you setting up the servers? @ehab has mentioned Proxmox. . . .

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• @Not_Oles said:
    How are you setting up the servers? @ehab has mentioned Proxmox. . . .

Proxmox as well :)

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

I also am using Proxmox. :)

How are you dividing up the machine? Each participant gets a big KVM VPS? Or another way?

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• @yokowasis said:

@aaronstuder said:

I can assure you it will end up ugly, unless you can selectively choose who you want to be your neighbor. In that case you probably lose a little bit of sleep, and a few sanity. You are after all, works for free.

i agree with @yokowasis
    If you are doing just 1 server as a hobby with 3-4 neighbors then it is okay but if you are doing with multiple servers then a single bad neighbor can give you sleepless nights.

• Am I missing something? Each server only has access to its own resources. There is no over provisioning at all. So in the case of the AX41, and let’s say 2 people wanted to share it. Proxmox is installed, and 2 VMs are created, and each are given access to half the resources. I can’t think of a way that someone could use the other’s resources. Maybe I’m missing something.

• @aaronstuder said:
    Am I missing something? Each server only has access to its own resources. There is no over provisioning at all. So in the case of the AX41, and let’s say 2 people wanted to share it. Proxmox is installed, and 2 VMs are created, and each are given access to half the resources. I can’t think of a way that someone could use the other’s resources. Maybe I’m missing something.

The issue is not resources, but how those resources might be used.

• You mean torrents, etc?

• @aaronstuder said:
    You mean torrents, etc?

Both resources and content. People like to do stupid things, especially when they're anonymous. Worst case scenario is someone you're splitting with ends up doing something illegal and if you are the one renting the server then you are responsible.

if @WSS was still around, I'm sure he would chime in with his stories of the #DICKS that ruin it for the rest of us

• yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider

@aaronstuder said:

@yokowasis said: I can assure you it will end up ugly, unless you can selectively choose who you want to be your neighbor.

I am sorry, but I don't understand? The resources are dedicated, and your only talking about 2 - 4 people per server. What I am missing?

Yes, dedicated. But FBI will confiscate all the whole server. And hetzner in worst case scenario will suspend your account makes you lost your other server as well.

Being a provider isn't just be able to split the resouces.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Hosting Provider
    edited November 2020

@yokowasis said:

@aaronstuder said:

@yokowasis said: I can assure you it will end up ugly, unless you can selectively choose who you want to be your neighbor.

Yes, dedicated. But FBI will confiscate all the whole server. And hetzner in worst case scenario will suspend your account makes you lost your other server as well.

In our scenario back in 2015, they took only the hard disks of the node where the customer's vps was created. And leaved all other 43 customers on the same node offline...

wWw.AlbaHost.Net .AL domains, Dedicated Servers, VPS/VDS and Hosting Services. Geo located in Albania.

• SagnikSSagnikS Hosting ProviderOG

@AlbaHost said:

@yokowasis said:

@aaronstuder said:

In our scenario back in 2015, they took only the hard disks of the node where the customer's vps was created. And leaved all other 43 customers on the same node offline...

Was that on Hetzner, or somewhere else?