Cheapest VPS in Belgium - competition

2»

Comments

• @debaser said:

thanks for trying it out and checking. average joe won't care anyway I guess and pricing seemed to good to really be belgium. no real surprise here...

• @AnthonySmith said:

@thedp said:

@thedp said:
    https://fusa.be/nl/hosting/offer - not a VPS, but a dedi ;)

Try this @AnthonySmith :joy:

Sold out.

They replenish stock regularly when cancellations happen. Those dedis have been around on and off for almost a decade from them.

VPS247 is a service from M247 directly and has been around for a while. Dirty and overcommitted network, but other than that I've seen worse.

• debaserdebaser OG
    edited November 2020

Saw this one on Hostedtalk: https://hostedtalk.net/t/novos-antwerp-epyc-nvme-vps-from-eur-2-00-month/5698

Seems to be the cheapest @AnthonySmith

1x AMD EPYC 7451 vCPU (Fair share usage)
    512 MB ECC Memory
    10 GB NVMe SSD Disk Space
    /64 IPv6 Subnet (coming soon)
    1 x IPv4 address
    256 GB Bandwidth
    1 GBps shared uplink

Only € 2,00 / month (or € 20 a year with annual payment).

Edit: 2G RAM/15G storage is 3,63 EUR

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

yep, €2.42 with tax/vat direct order link: https://billing.novos.be/cart.php?a=add&pid=11

I think you win, order it, send me the invoice and I will pay it :)

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• That's cheap price :)
    Good one, but only one location, anyone has any experience with them?

• @Buthead said: That's cheap price

I know that he had been active on LET for a while, but was busted for shilling. Back then he was just reselling from OVH servers.

Everyone deserves a second chance and you don't just colocate a server in an Antwerp DC for fun so I'm willing to take that gamble.

@debaser said:

@Buthead said: That's cheap price

I know that he had been active on LET for a while, but was busted for shilling. Back then he was just reselling from OVH servers.

Everyone deserves a second chance and you don't just colocate a server in an Antwerp DC for fun so I'm willing to take that gamble.

Well, I invited them to join, let's see if they do :)

• Oke great, let's hope they join us here :) I've got direct peering 12-16ms :)

• Hi Anthony,

I got your email indeed thanks for the invite and the mention here!

Indeed I used to resell OVH servers as tryout first but it was always the plan to get my own servers hosted in a facility close to my home so yes I can only offer one location for now but it's all own hardware, IPs etc. Plus I can really focus on this and offer quick incident response times and support.

I still have around 150 customers hosted on my OVH rentals which will be moved to Antwerp as well (unless they don't want to) so I'm really cutting the cord with OVH but I don't leave anyone behind.

And yes I was caught shilling once which I didn't know what it meant a year ago and it seems to haunt me forever and I can never advertise again on LET because of it but I think I offer great products and it will only get better so the way I see it it's their loss.

Thanks again and if there are any questions feel free to ask!

Thanked by (2)InceptionHosting mikho
  • What really speaks for you is that you're very transparent about your company. I mean a real address on a website shouldn't be very special, but in this world it is. But in your case I now know that you've got your office at Linkeroever ;)

Thanked by (1)martijnk
  • @debaser said:
    What really speaks for you is that you're very transparent about your company. I mean a real address on a website shouldn't be very special, but in this world it is. But in your case I now know that you've got your office at Linkeroever ;)

That's correct!

The DC is actually closeby in 'Burcht' which is a 10 minute drive :)

@martijnk thanks for joining, don't worry about LET it is all a bit more mature here generally, we all cringe at our past mistakes, I have certainly made my fair share.

• @martijnk said: The DC is actually closeby in 'Burcht' which is a 10 minute drive

I noticed that, connectivity is pretty good from my ISP (goes directly to Telenet). 8ms RTT to another country, haha.

• @alwyzon said:
    It might be interesting to see latency differences between those Belgian providers compared to cheaper neighbouring nations from an actual Belgian user. Latencies don't necessarily scale with air travel distance when its just about a few hundred kilometres. The ISP used for my Graz office, for example, routes pretty much all traffic over the Vienna Internet Exchange which results in local datacenters having higher latencies than some datacenters in Germany.

Sometimes I visit https://grax.at and cry

• @martijnk said: but it's all own hardware, IPs etc

Leased IPs are not really your own.

Anyway you are following very logical and sane steps to get into the industry, so hopefully you will keep growing with work and patience. The deal and location are indeed interesting, let's see where you are in a few years from now :)

Thanked by (1)martijnk
  • @martijnk its cool that you have servers in Antwerp, because its a cool city. My German Provider cancel my Brussel Server without a reason soon... and idk why. So its perfect for me exotic and nice. Btw i love Belgium much as a german. Greetings from Gummersbach, Germany

Thanked by (1)martijnk
  • @Nyr said:

@martijnk said: but it's all own hardware, IPs etc

Leased IPs are not really your own.

Anyway you are following very logical and sane steps to get into the industry, so hopefully you will keep growing with work and patience. The deal and location are indeed interesting, let's see where you are in a few years from now :)

Thanks for the nice words and yes you are right they are leased (for now) :)

• Great and welcome here :)
    Always great to welcome dutch people.

@martijnk what happen if u used al u bandwith, slower speed, ..?
    Looking for a friend for teamspeak host

Thanked by (1)martijnk
  • edited November 2020

@Buthead said:
    Great and welcome here :)
    Always great to welcome dutch people.

@martijnk what happen if u used al u bandwith, slower speed, ..?
    Looking for a friend for teamspeak host

Hi Buthead,

Yes indeed it will be capped to 10 mbit until the reset at the end of the month.

• @martijnk welcome and just in time for upcoming BF :) enjoy your stay.

• @ehab said:
    @martijnk welcome and just in time for upcoming BF :) enjoy your stay.

Thanks Ehab!

I must disappoint some people though, I won't do black friday deals nor will there ever be any discounts. Prices will just be low year around ;)

Thanks as well LES for the provider tag! :)

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @martijnk said: I still have around 150 customers hosted on my OVH rentals which will be moved to Antwerp as well (unless they don't want to) so I'm really cutting the cord with OVH but I don't leave anyone behind.

I assume this is related to MiniKVM?

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @thedp said:

@martijnk said: I still have around 150 customers hosted on my OVH rentals which will be moved to Antwerp as well (unless they don't want to) so I'm really cutting the cord with OVH but I don't leave anyone behind.

Yes indeed! I used to have minikvm, maxikvm etc but I just rebranded them all under my own company name.

• @martijnk said:

@thedp said:

@martijnk said: I still have around 150 customers hosted on my OVH rentals which will be moved to Antwerp as well (unless they don't want to) so I'm really cutting the cord with OVH but I don't leave anyone behind.

Yes indeed! I used to have minikvm, maxikvm etc but I just rebranded them all under my own company name.

That's nice.

Well, good luck and welcome to LES :)

Guess you'd be posting the same offer here, as on HT? ;)

Thanked by (1)martijnk

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @thedp said:

@martijnk said:

@thedp said:

That's nice.

Well, good luck and welcome to LES :)

Guess you'd be posting the same offer here, as on HT? ;)

Yes I will soon ;)

Thanked by (1)TheDP