Transfer out various LETBox, VirMach

I've got some previous BF specials that I'm not renewing. Didn't see anything in rules rules rules rules with specific guidance, so unless told otherwise the basic principle I'm following is that the provider's rules for transfers have to be followed (it is up to you to figure out what those are) and you must be a LES member since at least a month ago.

1. LETBox storage, $30/yr. KVM, 2GB RAM, 20GB NVMe + 256GB SAN, 2TB BW, LA. Expires 24 November, I already submitted a cancellation request, so no charge other than paying the next invoice and any transfer fee (if they even offer the facility).

2. VirMach. I'm unlikely to renew several of the sub-$1/month ones. I know it is VirMach/CC, but also cheap IP rental. To begin with, I've got a $5.85/yr, KVM, 384MB RAM, 15GB storage, 1TB BW, LA expiring on 23 November. I'll probably also drop a 512MB (Dallas, $7.50/yr) and maybe more, but they don't expire until after BF so I'm holding off for a couple of weeks on those.

Comments

• @Iroshan464 said:
    I would like to get the letbox one.

OK, can you please check the LETBox process and create an account/open a ticket or whatever they require. To be fair I think let's give it (say) 2-3 days and if I don't hear further from you (PM OK) then I assume it isn't working out and it goes to next interested party.

• Dallas one sounds interesting for me - would make for a nice wee nameserver. :)

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• Can i have the 5.85 usd/year one?

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• edited November 2020

We may have to wait. ;)

• Can I have the LETBox one?

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• @codelock said: Can i have the 5.85 usd/year one?

Yes, but please look up the VirMach transfer rules. I don't remember the details but they were a pain in the buttocks like sending photo ID and promising to give them your first child. Preferable that you can pay them the transfer fee directly rather than pay me.

@AlwaysSkint said: We may have to wait.

Dallas one is currently in use and I need to get a replacement for it, but it expires on 30th so I won't be waiting too long and you're first in line. VirMach LA expires on 23rd so might as well dump that one now - that's one of the old OVZ6 plans that got converted to KVM, 1x Xeon E5-2660 @ 2.2.

@chocolateshirt said: Can I have the LETBox one?

@Iroshan464 asked first, so let's give him a couple of days. There's always some requirement like passing a fraud check or having a payment method on file which can cause issues, so if he can't get it sorted out you're the next in line.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • Great.. no worries..

Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• @tetech said:

@codelock said: Can i have the 5.85 usd/year one?

Yes, but please look up the VirMach transfer rules. I don't remember the details but they were a pain in the buttocks like sending photo ID and promising to give them your first child. Preferable that you can pay them the transfer fee directly rather than pay me.

Even i am new to virmach so i have opened a ticket to them asking all the deatils lets wait for.the reply

Thanks

• I think I read here, or on the dark side, that the Virmach transfers were less stringent these days.
    I never did get any takers one the two that I had unused from last year. ;)

• I will pass the transfer minimum is 3 usd (can increase + lot of Id submission for original owner
    accepting to various terms blah blah etcc etc).

Let's just make life simple for both of us thanks

• @codelock
    Go ahead with @chocolateshirt
    I may need some time to arrange things, so might have let it go.
    If it doesn't work out before the end I'll try to grab it. ?

• Great, I am gladly accept LETBox one.

• @chocolateshirt said:
    Great, I am gladly accept LETBox one.

OK, please check the requirements/process with key900.

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt
  • Has VirMach been transferred?
    It is said that you only need to pay a fee of $3 to the VirMach merchant to transfer it. Of course, I will undoubtedly bear this fee. Is it still there?

Personal hobby: collect vps in various regions.

• @Chriswayne said:
    Has VirMach been transferred?
    It is said that you only need to pay a fee of $3 to the VirMach merchant to transfer it. Of course, I will undoubtedly bear this fee. Is it still there?

If I understood @codelock correctly, he won't bother because it is not worth the hassle (to be honest, this is my view as well, I'm mostly offering it as a good neighbor). Therefore you can have it but make sure you understand the VirMach transfer rules/qualifications, and start the process.

• @tetech said:

@Chriswayne said:

If I understood @codelock correctly, he won't bother because it is not worth the hassle (to be honest, this is my view as well, I'm mostly offering it as a good neighbor). Therefore you can have it but make sure you understand the VirMach transfer rules/qualifications, and start the process.

To process service transfers securely, we have certain requirements and procedure in place, as well as custom billing fees to handle your request. The sender (you) will be billed a minimum $3 transfer fee, per service, if you wish to proceed.

SENDER REQUIREMENTS:
    1. You must confirm that you are giving up any duration of service owed to you, permanently, without any refund.
    2. You must have two factor authentication enabled, a verified e-mail, and valid billing information on file.
    3. Your service must be on an independent panel, not combined with other services. If your VPS is combined, there's an additional $2 fee.

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (CREDIT/DEBIT + PAYPAL):
    4. You must be a VirMach customer for at least 6 months.
    5. You must provide photo ID, held up to a written message "For service transfer by VirMach" and today's date.
    6. You must have a valid confirmed e-mail address matching your payment e-mail address or instead verify your other e-mail manually.

RECEIVER REQUIREMENTS:
    1. Must have valid billing information on file and pass fraud checks and have two factor authentication enabled.
    2. Must have valid payment method on file, or a minimum of $5 credits on VirMach account.
    3. Must create a ticket confirming receiving the transfer.

Both accounts must be in good standing, with no recent abuse or breach of terms of service. We reserve the right to deny a transfer if we do not feel comfortable processing the request, even if requirements are met. In this specific case, we would refund the transfer fee (if charged.) Please note that transfers are done out of courtesy, and we are not obligated to process them.

If you are certain you and the receiver meet the requirements above, please reply to be billed and begin the transfer process. Any transfer fees are otherwise non-refundable, even if the transfer is not properly completed. We accept no responsibility for any errors in the transfer process that may result in an unexpected outcome, such as other services being transferred on the same SolusVM account, or the sender being able to access receiver's service. We are not responsible for any disagreements in third party agreements pertaining to the transfer. Please wipe any private data off your VPS you do not want shared with the receiver, and have the receiver create a ticket titled "Service Transfer - From Ticket #" to confirm receipt.

Please also have them copy this message, after reading and understanding it:

"Why would i read and do all this to save a few bucks"

• Like you said signing up various contracts like i will give my first child to you etc etc

• @Chriswayne said:

You can have it but if I were you I would respect ops gesture of helping community and not waste his time and energy