UAB “Interneto vizija” (Time4VPS) aquired by Miss Group

Comments

• they seem to be buying a lof of small hosters that i have never heard of. https://news.cision.com/miss-group-holdings-ltd
    a new hosting conglomerate in the making.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited November 2020

@someTom said:
    they seem to be buying a lof of small hosters that i have never heard of. https://news.cision.com/miss-group-holdings-ltd

https://www.missgroup.com/

Only names that I may have heard are "stablehost" and "rackray" but not even sure. Just sound familiar but idk.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited November 2020

Scandinavian EIG...?
    Maybe hosts here from that region might know more.

——

I suppose after the eig sale/acquisition, I believe more financial investments may come to create more conglomerates.

And as I posted in OGF...

No women in the board of directors of Miss Group.
    Women are missing!

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Interesting, time4vps have been doing a TON of paid facebooks ads over the past month which will not have been cheap all the while still provisioning new customers on OpenVZ 6 nodes bizzaro.

Thanked by (2)Ympker vimalware

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Interesting, time4vps have been doing a TON of paid facebooks ads over the past month which will not have been cheap all the while still provisioning new customers on OpenVZ 6 nodes bizzaro.

Dressing up the topline/ order book for a sale?

Thanked by (1)ehab

@vyas said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Dressing up the topline/ order book for a sale?

could be, I don't envy whoever ends up having to convert and migrate 1000 500GB VZ6 containers to VZ7

Thanked by (2)Ympker vimalware

• Hostens is also a brand of Interneto vizija

• @vyas said: I believe more financial investments may come to create more conglomerates.

Looking at the low countries (Netherlands and Belgium) this has already been true for some years. Almost all mainstream hosting providers are now owned by three conglomerates.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • Miss Group is huge! Lately they've been on a shopping spree, especially in Scandinavia.
    Ballou, FS Data and Hemsida24 is (was?) among the biggest players on the Swedish market and they've all been bought by Miss Group.
    If you go to www.missgroup.com and click on "About us" they even have a "Are you looking to exit the hosting industry?" banner for people looking to sale their business.
    The people and investors behind Miss Group are all serial entrepreneurs with huge amount of cash, we are talking people that easily throw down tens of millions if they see something they want.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@rcy026 said:
    Miss Group is huge! Lately they've been on a shopping spree, especially in Scandinavia.
    Ballou, FS Data and Hemsida24 is (was?) among the biggest players on the Swedish market and they've all been bought by Miss Group.
    If you go to www.missgroup.com and click on "About us" they even have a "Are you looking to exit the hosting industry?" banner for people looking to sale their business.
    The people and investors behind Miss Group are all serial entrepreneurs with huge amount of cash, we are talking people that easily throw down tens of millions if they see something they want.

this.
    Being a member in some the Swedish webhosting groups, this name is not a something new.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @AnthonySmith maybe its time to retire for £1.5 million now?

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@ehab said:
    @AnthonySmith maybe its time to retire for £1.5 million now?

lol, you might have to take a few 0's off but sure!

Thanked by (1)Ympker

• Thanks for the heads up.
    Backups are working, preparing to get kicked or nagged out.

Anyone wanna price-match their most ridiculous offers? :p

Thanked by (2)Ympker cybertech
  • edited November 2020

@AnthonySmith said:
    I don't envy whoever ends up having to convert and migrate 1000 500GB VZ6 containers to VZ7

No need to migrate. Pull a HostSlick:

1. Delete old servers, without telling the user.
    2. Create empty servers.
    3. Send email that says "hard drive failure", and provide an extra "free" month.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• edited November 2020

@yoursunny i can only remeber this from you

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

@yoursunny said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    I don't envy whoever ends up having to convert and migrate 1000 500GB VZ6 containers to VZ7

No need to migrate. Pull a HostSlick:

1. Delete old servers, without telling the user.
    2. Create empty servers.
    3. Send email that says "hard drive failure", and provide an extra "free" month.

That's, ... slick!

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

• flipsflips OG
    edited November 2020

@Ympker said:

@someTom said:
    they seem to be buying a lof of small hosters that i have never heard of. https://news.cision.com/miss-group-holdings-ltd

Only names that I may have heard are "stablehost" and "rackray" but not even sure. Just sound familiar but idk.

I rescued a Norwegian customer, used to be a customer of ISPhuset (was moved there/sold to them before this), then now it was MissHosting, prices had increased dramatically the last couple of years. He uses like 20 MB web static files, no DB and 3 GB for email, and was now billed something like $140 per year.

@flips said:

@Ympker said:

@someTom said:

I rescued a Norwegian customer, used to be a customer of ISPhuset (was moved there/sold to them before this), then now it was MissHosting, prices had increased dramatically the last couple of years. He uses like 20 MB web static files, no DB and 3 GB for email, and was now billed something like $140 per year.

In general, Swedish hosting is expensive.
    If you visit some of the facebook groups or forums, you will see prices that brings back memories from WHT glory days.

Thanked by (2)Ympker flips

• flipsflips OG
    edited November 2020

@mikho said:

Yep, Norwegian hosting, too. But this guy used to pay around 300 NOK, and in the span of a couple of years he was moved to a Pro plan and billed 1400 NOK. (And he's not a techie, have no idea what this all means or what he needs.)

@flips said:

@mikho said:

Yep, Norwegian hosting, too. But this guy used to pay around 300 NOK, and in the span of a couple of years he was moved to a Pro plan and billed 1400 NOK. (And he's not a techie, have no idea what this all means or what he needs.)

He is not alone. I'm also active in some business forums for new startups and the number of people with little or no knowledge of basic things is frightening.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited November 2020

Sometimes affiliates for hosting providers in fb groups crowd onto new users. Yesterday a guy with 4 sites with about 200 visitors a month was looking to move hosts.
    One group ganged up with recommendations of Siteground another with Cloudways.

Starting price point is US Dollars 30 per month atleast. The guy was from Africa, neither has servers thus a CDN would become imperative eventually. Guess what? cloudways offers ‘free’ Cloudways CDN.
    Then someone put the security scare.
    Guess what? Cloudways has ‘advanced security features’.
    Meh

I suggested getting a shared hosting plan (albeit a good one!) in Europe, create static version of site, use Cloudflare workers. Yes, Cloudflare. But yes, far more cost effective than 360 US dollars a year for less than 1,000 visits a month combined.

Naturally I am not a popular folk in that group. I will be leaving that group for good shortly (after Bf)

On the other hand many people including many of my compadres sign up with lame ass EIG hosts then come complaining about broken sites or poor performance.

• @flips said:

Seems to be the way they do business. I had a few *BSD VPS's at misshosting. The first two years they were like $30 a year, then all of a sudden they change their prices and now they were like $400 a year. They did however give me a free month to have time to move and cancelled the service without any problems, so no complaints there.
    They do have really nice infrastructure and the performance was top-notch. Nice panels, good support and plenty of functionality, so it would be a really good host if it wasn't for the way they fuck around with the pricing.

Thanked by (1)flips
  • Aaaand they're down.

Wonder if that's the preview for the surely upcoming changes.

• BochiBochi OG
    edited December 2020

@benz said:
    Aaaand they're down.

Wonder if that's the preview for the surely upcoming changes.

Not joking: I bought one of their VPN services just in this second. Right when I wanted to retrieve the password about 20 minutes ago, their server went away.
    But it seems to be a bigger incident, my server is not reachable as well - but I suspect it's a network thing.

/EDIT/
    Seems to be back already, let's wait for some information on the status page / twitter. Checked my uptime monitor and Munin and it looks like this happend a few times today. First time for me to whitness, however.

Thanked by (1)benz