Netcup's Black Friday 2020 Time Table

TheDPTheDP OG
edited November 2020 in General

Netcup has released their time table for Black Friday 2020.

Sonderangebote am Black Friday, 27.11.2020 ab 07:00

Die regulären Aktionen gelten für Neu- und Bestandskunden am Fr., 27.11.2020 ab 07:00 bis spätestens 18:30 (einzelne Aktionen sind zeitlich begrenzt) und nur solange wie der Vorrat reicht.

Blitz-Aktionen (1h)

07:00-07:59 Uhr: .de-Domain 0,16 € / Monat zzgl. 2 € Einrichtungsgebühr (Stückzahl unbegrenzt)
07:00-07:59 Uhr: .at-Domain 10,00 € / Jahr (Stückzahl unbegrenzt)

07:00 Uhr: .eu-Domain 5,00 € / Jahr (Stückzahl unbegrenzt)
07:00 Uhr: .ch-Domain 5,05 € / Jahr (Stückzahl unbegrenzt)
07:00 Uhr: .li-Domain 5,05 € / Jahr (Stückzahl unbegrenzt)
07:00 Uhr: Webhosting 1000 SE 50 % Rabatt – statt 1,94 € / Monat NUR 0,97 € / Monat (maximal 100 Stück)
07:00 Uhr: Cloud vLAN 2,5 Gbit7s 50 % Rabatt – statt 19,99 € / Monat NUR 9,99 € / Monat (maximal 1000 Stück)
07:00 Uhr: VPS 1000 G9 – statt 5,85 € / Monat NUR 4,44 € / Monat (maximal 200 Stück)
08:00 Uhr: RS 2000 G9 – statt 15,60 € / Monat NUR 11,11 € / Monat (maximal 111 Stück)
08:00 Uhr: Webhosting 4000 SE – statt 7,79 € / Monat NUR 3,33 € / Monat (maximal 333 Stück)
09:00 Uhr: VPS Black Surprise – NUR 7,77 € / Monat (maximal 777 Stück)
09:00 Uhr: Reseller Webhosting 4000 – statt 19,49 € / Monat NUR 9,99 € / Monat (maximal 99 Stück)
10:00 Uhr: VPS 500 G8 – statt 5,16 € / Monat NUR 3,99 € / Monat (maximal 50 Stück)
11:00 Uhr: RS Black Special 1 – NUR 10,10 € / Monat (maximal 200 Stück)
11:00 Uhr: Webhosting 2000 SE – statt 3,89 € / Monat NUR 2,22 € / Monat (maximal 200 Stück)
12:00 Uhr: RS Black Special 2 – NUR 16,16 € / Monat (maximal 161 Stück)
12:00 Uhr: Webhosting 8000 SE – statt 12,66 € / Monat NUR 5,55 € / Monat (maximal 1000 Stück)
13:00 Uhr: Reseller Level B – statt 18,52 € / Monat NUR 9,99 € / Monat (maximal 100 Stück)
13:00 Uhr: RS 8000 G9 SE – NUR 39,39 € / Monat (maximal 100 Stück)
14:00 Uhr: RS Black Special 3 – NUR 30,30 € / Monat (maximal 200 Stück)
15:00 Uhr: Cloud vLAN Giga – statt 12,66 € / Monat NUR 5,99 € / Monat (maximal 400 Stück)
16:00 Uhr: RS 4000 G9 SE – NUR 25,00 € / Monat (maximal 200 Stück)
17:00 Uhr: VPS Black Wonder – NUR 12,12 € / Monat (maximal 200 Stück)

Blitz-Aktion (30m)

18:00-18:29 Uhr: VPS 200 G8 – NUR 1,79 € / Monat (maximal 50 Stück)

Ref: https://www.netcup-news.de/2020/11/23/fahrplan-fuer-den-black-friday-2020/

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

Comments

• What are the specs for VPS Black series? Or are they posted during the time period?

• edited November 2020

@sanvit said:
    What are the specs for VPS Black series? Or are they posted during the time period?

We'll have to wait till then, but looking at the price range, it maybe of the same league as PHP-Friends VPS offers. I'll try to grab the bottom line offer (VPS 200 G8), if no better alternative appears here from a different provider although I think I'll have to be quick given the small quantity offerded

• Do they only allow English address? I'll go ahead with avaro or php-friends, much more friendly billing dep.

• i am more into php-friends because support is much more friendlier

Thanked by (2)vyas vimalware
  • AmitzAmitz OG
    edited November 2020

Thank you very much, @thedp!
    My last BF deal (Black Pearl, 4 core, 1 TB, 32 GB, EUR 19,99) from netcup is still doing great for me and I never had to get in touch with support, so no idea about that. I cannot complain. Everything works as expected, since 12 months. I will likely get another one of their larger Root Servers and therefore the above schedule is very helpful!

Thanked by (1)webcraft

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• @sonic said:
    Do they only allow English address? I'll go ahead with avaro or php-friends, much more friendly billing dep.

English address WUT?
    Meaning, people from non-Anglophone/non-Germanophone (they're from Germany after all) countries may have (or are having???) have problems ordering servers from them?

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• @chimichurri said:

@sonic said:
    Do they only allow English address? I'll go ahead with avaro or php-friends, much more friendly billing dep.

English address WUT?
    Meaning, people from non-Anglophone/non-Germanophone (they're from Germany after all) countries may have (or are having???) have problems ordering servers from them?

I heard some people outside Germany are required to provide English address for verification.

Thanked by (1)chimichurri
  • Seems as if they are quite a pain for people outside of Germany. This may be their way to keep those customers away. However, I am German and did never face any of these issues. I would try php-friends, but they have no plan that fits my needs.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• edited November 2020

@sanvit said:
    What are the specs for VPS Black series? Or are they posted during the time period?

we'll most likely only learn during the sale, however based on previous ones, I'd expect the 7.77 to be something along the lines of 4C/8G/750G and the 12.12 accordingly higher...

the RS black specials could be based on their G8 line using the xeon gold. maybe the 2000/4000/8000 äquivalent with some more RAM/disk? they do have two of these promos with SSDx4 still running (ref):
    https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2432
    https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2473

so maybe something like that, but cheaper? will definitely look out for the 10.10 at 11 :-D

I guess all the vps/RS specials are going to be yearly contracts anyway, so watch out for the contract lengths when ordering...

• Just to add to @Falzo 's points, usually the lower end/priced offers of Netcup disappear very quickly. The high resource deals are a bit easier to get but they're usually/mostly locked in for 12 month contract (with the usual Netcup cancellation of at least 30/31 days in advance). I've gradually reduced my Netcup spend (migrating to Hetzner dedi's).

Netcup is no doubt very good value for money, but I've noticed that over time, their quality (i.e. CPU) is quite variable. The RS series is pretty decent (but still falls short of the expected performance considering they are "dedicated" cores) and the VPS series is a hit or miss depending on time of use. They're still good value for the price though (esp. generous RAM, disk IO and network BW). I have no experience with their AMD line up (I've had the VMs all from the older Intel line up). In general, Netcup CPU performance is wanting - so it's not a great case for CPU dependent loads but everything else is really good.

How I wish they had an approach of an initial lock in (maybe 3 or 6 months) after which it becomes a monthly contract.

I will mostly avoid any yearly deals (unless they are very good value). Let's see how things stack up.

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer

Anybody know what those domain names renew at?

• @havoc said:
    Anybody know what those domain names renew at?

I've got one .ch domain with them, they renew at the same price as during my transfer from OVH last year.

In terms of their other offers I'm no longer interested. I've already cancelled their Web Hosting 8000 package and am in the process of cancelling a VPS 1000, to further reduce the amount of recently idling services that I have.

Oh, here's my rant that I was going to post in HT, but never did to prevent another tasty necro:

I've been a customer with their hosting (500GB Web / 500GB Mail) for two years (the first year at full price), but recently switched to BuyShared's 125GB DirectAdmin reseller in Luxembourg.

Their pricing during the Black Friday offers last year was quite good (less than €6 per month), but something went wrong during that time where I wasn't able to order it. I got a second chance during the december adventskalender, where is was offered for the same price. That order was confirmed by them, and then their usual way of activating it and billing.

After two years I can say that they've isolated literally everything. The database server is separate from the web server and also separate from the mail server. This is why there are shared hosting users who are asking on their forums why there isn't a possibility to do backups of the mail server, only web + database in Plesk.

Although they're using an RFC 1918 IP (10.x.x.x) for connecivity to the database server, the same database server is also accessible from a public IPv4 address which I find really stupid.

In terms of the mail server: It's obvious that they don't use MailChannels. Quite often a mail that was supposed to go to Outlook/Hotmail or Office 365 hosted domains would bounce. I opened a ticket for that, but getting two IP addresses (one for the web server and one for the mail server) whitelisted took them months. I can't blame them for that, I know how ridiculously slow Microsoft is with responding to those requests.

Thanked by (2)havoc vimalware
  • @havoc said: Anybody know what those domain names renew at?

The prices are recurring - I got one of the €1,68 .de domains a few years ago and it is still the same price.

Though, it is important to note that they do not offer "registrant proxy" services for all TLDs - when I asked several years back, they said this is only offered for .de.

Thanked by (1)havoc

Thanks. Think I might grab one then...if I can manage waking up at 6AM.

grrr...seriously? 6AM?

• edited November 2020

@Tsuyo said:
    Oh, here's my rant that I was going to post in HT, but never did to prevent another tasty necro:

Aside from these issues of yours, how did you find netcup's webhosting performance? Would you recommend it to others?

• @casadebamburojo said:

@Tsuyo said:

Aside from these issues of yours, how did you find netcup's webhosting performance? Would you recommend it to others?

Apart from my gripes I can confirm that I've never noticed any kind of downtime. The SSD storage never has been oversold and their (bilingual) support even sent a mail about the phasing out of PHP 5.6 in February.

Thanked by (1)casadebamburojo
  • What is the time region on netcup site? because I don't see any price drops on their site at the corresponding time of given offers

• I got up early and grabbed me the following VPS:

07:00 Uhr: VPS 1000 G9 – statt 5,85 € / Monat NUR 4,44 € / Monat (maximal 200 Stück)

Note that this is the latest generation CPU (AMD EPYC). :)

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• I thought it was a good deal that VPS 1000 considering it’s on AMD as well.

I’m hoping the RS specials are AMD but will probably be Intel (G8) based.

• Just subscribe to their Telegram channel and you'll get notified as when the deals are "live".

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• ofitofit OG
    edited November 2020

@angstrom said:
    I got up early and grabbed me the following VPS:

Note that this is the latest generation CPU (AMD EPYC). :)

@angstrom How did you known what CPU?

• TheDPTheDP OG
    edited November 2020

• @ofit said:

G9 is AMD and G8 is Intel Gold

Thanked by (2)angstrom vimalware
  • @LeonDynamic said:

@ofit said:

G9 is AMD and G8 is Intel Gold

To elaborate on what @LeonDynamic said, the product in question ( https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2667 ) is advertised as G9, which in netcup terms, means AMD Epyc.

Since netcup's vServers don't pass through the identity of the CPU, one can't inspect the identity of the CPU directly, but presumably the difference between G9 and G8 also manifests itself through benchmarks.

Thanked by (1)LeonDynamic

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• edited November 2020

the black surprise vserver is live: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2676

will probably be sold out quickly...

PS: as there is no generation mentioned, don't expect it to be on epyc cores. also their vps range is shared, not dedicated. cpuinfo will show just qemu cpu. at least AES is passed through ;-)

• @Falzo said:
    the black surprise vserver is live: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2676

will probably be sold out quickly...

PS: as there is no generation mentioned, don't expect it to be on epyc cores. also their vps range is shared, not dedicated. cpuinfo will show just qemu cpu. at least AES is passed through ;-)

That's a nice vServer, but as you say, one should assume that it's G8.

The RS 2000 G9 at 8:00 also sold out quickly.

Thanked by (1)Falzo

• I am waiting for the RS black 1 ... let's see what this is going to be :-D

Thanked by (2)angstrom LeonDynamic
  • @Falzo said:
    I am waiting for the RS black 1 ... let's see what this is going to be :-D

Me too. Although did pick up the RS2000 as didn’t want to gamble

Thanked by (1)Falzo

Missed the domain specials by like 20 mins. :(

• Remember contract term
    Ask to remove VAR if you are outside Europe [should be a business]
    Cancel 30 days early

Don't mess up anything there. Whoever missed, they will do again another promo in December but in adventcalendar.