NanoKVM | Free NAT KVM | Multiple Locations

Comments

• @nickelodeon said:
    Is is free NAT still applicable?
    If yes, I would like to try one!
    Token: 2fc96b6e386eb373237e64ebf3a498c98ae74592
    reason: host personal wordpress site

You need at least 2 of the 3 requirements fulfilled, for the test or 3 for any location.

• RO is currently down, looks like a ongoing routing issue.

• @Neoon said:
    RO is currently down, looks like a ongoing routing issue.

Just read it on other green forum @cociu is having trouble with police in his data center because of a abuser hosting child p**n hope this doesn't cause more problems to him.

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• Just started an 'outage' thread for hostsolutions.ro

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited November 2020

Server is back up for now, Network should stabilize over the next hours.
    If you face any issues lemme know.

Thanked by (1)Ganonk
  • edited November 2020

Can ram be upgraded to 2 gig from 1 gig? 4 cores is alot and with 2gigs it can become my dream rdp machine

(I already have 1 gig can it be upgraded?)

• @codelock said:
    Can ram be upgraded to 2 gig from 1 gig? 4 cores is alot and with 2gigs it can become my dream rdp machine

(I already have 1 gig can it be upgraded?)

Yea, send me a PM.

• The next cleansing is here.
    Everyone who has been inactive, will be send a message in the next days, if they further need the VM or not, so we can make up some space.

However, if you want to save me some work and don't need the VM anymore, you can let me know beforehand.

Thanked by (1)flips
  • Fremont undergoing maintenance, we have a broken drive in our Raid 10.
    Expect a bit of downtime, the I/O should return to normal afterwards.

Thanked by (1)Brueggus
  • Token: 18995a604eac080811bfd0a0eda017c246a5b96d

I recently got myself an ASN to learn more about BGP, Routing and how the internet works. This NanoKVM box would make a nice PoP near FCIX.

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited January 2021

The affected drive was hot swapped and is now resynced.
    I/O performance returned to normal.

Thanks to intoVPS for the fast swap.

• @Brueggus said:
    Token: 18995a604eac080811bfd0a0eda017c246a5b96d

I recently got myself an ASN to learn more about BGP, Routing and how the internet works. This NanoKVM box would make a nice PoP near FCIX.

Deployed.

Thanked by (1)Brueggus
  • Token: dd87329be1e82dc75736e58790901fcfbfd3b816
    Setup a zabbix server for monitoring my servers.

• @xyphos10 said:
    Token: dd87329be1e82dc75736e58790901fcfbfd3b816
    Setup a zabbix server for monitoring my servers.

"You need to have 50 Posts before you apply"

• NanoKVM is prem! <3

Thanked by (1)Brueggus
  • I am sorry to inform you of an incident that did happen at NanoKVM.
    For short, someone did shutdown a server without prior notice, monitoring noticed, send one email, but it did fall under the table.

According to Hetrixtools, NanoKVM RO went offline at Thursday 22:24, someone at HostsolutionsRo did trigger a shutdown of the node, according to syslog. Ticket is pending as of now.

At this given time, I did noticed that email but I did not took it seriously, since it does happen that the monitoring report false positives or a network tends to be unstable sometimes, especially certain providers.

Usually I do a 2,3 or even 4 stack, means we do a combination of UptimeRobot, Hetrixtools and CrypticSky and/or Night-Sky.
    At this given time, NanoKVM RO was monitored just by Hetrixtools, which had recursive notifcations disabled by befault.

Essentially, due to this, the server has been down this Thursday 22:24 until Today.
    I am really sorry for this, I have updated our monitoring config for NanoKVM RO to prevent this from happening again.

I will update this as soon we get a response from Hostsolutions.

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • Romania went offline again just a few minutes ago, likely some kind of hardware issue, ticket pending.

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited March 2021

News about Romania.
    The cause of these outages where errors reported by the ilo, regarding the system fan.
    The Technicians checked the server and did a reset on the ilo, however I still expect to get the fan replaced by tomorrow.
    Which may result in a short downtime, to exclude any further fan related issues.

Eygelshoven had two independent outages today.
    Dropped BGP sessions (network outage), for about 3 hours, from 0:20 until about 3:00 CET,
    Power Failure with loss of 2 different feeds, from 15:44 until 16:00 CET.

Booth of these issues are still investigated by the data center, to prevent these issues from happening again.
    All VM's on the host have been automatically booted up after the power has been restored.

Maintenance announcement from VMHaus.

On the night of the 16th to the 17th of March, starting from 22:00 UTC on Tuesday, there will be a 8 hour window for migrating vps services to another data center, the total downtime will likely not exceed 2 hours.
    For this period, the NanoKVM.net website will be not available.

• Is Romania back online?

• @codelock said:
    Is Romania back online?

The public status page is here: https://hetrixtools.com/r/bd5eee310f3e7a4ab0ab21c73775fcfb/ so yes

• Due to the maintenance yesterday, the NanoKVM Panel was offline as expected, however the scripts which are responsible to sync the haproxy data between the panel and the nodes did not worked as expected.

Which caused an outage on the HAProxy services on the nodes: FM, DE and NO.
    RO and NL where not affected, the bug has been fixed, to prevent this from happening again.

Thanked by (2)benj0x Ganonk
  • HAProxy crashed on RO, no idea yet what caused it, its back online.

• Ongoing outage in RO, no access to control panel, waiting for support reply.

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited April 2021

Short update on DE:

• kernel panic at 03:43 CET
    • Suspension by Hetzner at 14:10 CET due to portscanning, the VM doing these portscanns has been terminated

The node is back online again, we are seeing still some issues with IPv6 we are working on that right now.

edit: IPv6 is back

Thanked by (1)Ganonk
  • @Neoon said:

does this mean there is a free spot on DE? <<< dibs first >>>

• @ehab said:

@Neoon said:

does this mean there is a free spot on DE? <<< dibs first >>>

Yes, as soon a VM is gone it does restock.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • dang - the 2048MB ram is not available. I cannot setup a k3s-worker. Maybe next time.

• @ehab said:
    dang - the 2048MB ram is not available. I cannot setup a k3s-worker. Maybe next time.

Node has 30gigs but the memory setting was 26gig, fixed it.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • yes sir,

456678c42fc13e939f3fed88e3eb5c9a3e3abf0f

a single k3s worker.
    with kisses
    tnxxoxs