Please share your nginx caching proxy configs

AmitzAmitz OG
edited November 2019 in Technical

Dear fellows,

I have used nginx for several years to run a busy website, bit since I gave up most of my online projects, nginx has never been touched again. I must admit that I forgot nearly everything that I knew about it.

I would now like to install nginx on a VPS to work as caching proxy in front of Apache.
Do you have any good configuration hints that you can share for the given use case scenario?
Any links to good sites with tutorials for this? I know that it is not overly complicated, I just do not want to miss any good config setting to get the best result possible and I am not aware of the options that nginx has to offer im the meantime...

Thank you very much in advance!

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

Thanked by (2)Ympker ITLabs

Comments

• Have a look at nginxconfig.io

Thanked by (1)Amitz

BF/CM - Buyer Beware. Conduct your own due diligence on the sustainability of the deals presented here as well as the provider's track record.

• AmitzAmitz OG
    edited November 2019

Oh, that's really cool! B) Something like this did not exist yet when I used nginx for the last time. Great help, thank you!

Thanked by (2)ITLabs Ympker

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).

• Thanked by (1)Amitz

BF/CM - Buyer Beware. Conduct your own due diligence on the sustainability of the deals presented here as well as the provider's track record.

• Also you may wanna check if the requests are being cached or not:

https://gryzli.info/2018/03/07/nginx-caching-check-if-request-is-cached/

Thanked by (1)Amitz

• Again, thanks a lot! That should keep me going forward!

Thanked by (1)ITLabs

• You're welcome, Mr. "Large Genitalia" :lol:

Thanked by (1)Amitz

• That was referring to you! B)

Thanked by (1)ITLabs

• excitement intensifies

Thanked by (1)Amitz

• https://gist.github.com/denji/8359866

this guy seems to have made a well documented tutorial

in truth it all depends on content man, there is no universal recipe

Thanked by (2)Amitz ITLabs
  • I need to bookmark this

Action and Reaction in history