Just curious who here no longer visits WHT (webhostingtalk)

13»

Comments

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Hosting ProviderOG
    edited November 2020

@seriesn said:
    I must admit the old days, when we had people like Keith, Martin, Sajan, @Lee, @ChrisMiller, Curtis and some other bunch, it was >fun. I was known for being a trouble maker. Ahh the good times.

OMG that makes me feel old... I went back and looked I was Trolling the Prem Section chat thread over a Decade ago.

Thanked by (1)Lee
  • WHT is suck in the late 90's, stagnant and feels like an abandoned old museum of historical relics such as set-up fees, $30/month for 512mb RAM type things.

Viva LE*

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @dahartigan said: historical relics

You rang! :anguished:

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@dahartigan said: historical relics

You rang! :anguished:

More like a finely aged scotch in your case - perhaps not so glamorous as you would like, but that's the compliment I'll afford you sir ;)

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• Spent a few minutes checking out "Black Friday Offers" on WHT.
    Meh and more Meh in most cases.

Squats are the new Push-ups

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@vyas said:
    Spent a few minutes checking out "Black Friday Offers" on WHT.
    Meh and more Meh in most cases.

That's just 'cause we' poor!

:)

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• vyasvyas OG
    edited November 2020

Quite the opposite.
    Because everyone is offering almost identical set of 4 wheels and a steering wheel and selling them as a car. That too at the cheapest possible rate.

Lack of differentiation concerns me. So also zero interaction with the posts.

In contrast, I loved the K-Pop deal thread last year on OGF. There were stories.
    For example the host who brought some famous grilled(?) chicken to a meeting and folks getting nostalgic about it...

Not to mention the gifs

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

• Wow, I had completely forgotten about WHT. I haven't been there in years.

• @deank said: LET is backing a former scammer as its spearhead figure host means it's got no hope
    @bikegremlin said: Alpharacks guy?
    @vpsgeek3333 said: Dustin!

Guys, to those like me, who unfortunately had no time to follow all the details of that adventure, could you please briefly elaborate on how it all ended?

I know there were two guys working at QuadraNet, who also abused their positions to secretly run (at least somehow) competing host - AlphaRacks.
    QN management found out about that, they were fired, Alpharacks went down first, then went to dead pool without providing refunds and backups.

Now I see that Dustin is active on LET (and WHT probably), launched a new business and runs it openly under his real name.

So how legit this new venture is? Can it be trusted?

• @DataRecovery said:

@deank said: LET is backing a former scammer as its spearhead figure host means it's got no hope

Guys, to those like me, who unfortunately had no time to follow all the details of that adventure, could you please briefly elaborate on how it all ended?

I know there were two guys working at QuadraNet, who also abused their positions to secretly run (at least somehow) competing host - AlphaRacks.
    QN management found out about that, they were fired, Alpharacks went down first, then went to dead pool without providing refunds and backups.

Now I see that Dustin is active on LET (and WHT probably), launched a new business and runs it openly under his real name.

Very un-legit, I should say. Definitely not, I think it'll probably go under in 2022.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@AC_Fan said:

@DataRecovery said:

@deank said: LET is backing a former scammer as its spearhead figure host means it's got no hope

Very un-legit, I should say. Definitely not, I think it'll probably go under in 2022.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@DataRecovery said: So how legit this new venture is? Can it be trusted?

This is actually the guys 5th venture I believe, so sure, you can trust the snake not to bite you again now you know he is a snake.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Hosting Provider

Idk. But his bf thread is nearing 2k comments! I haven't bought anything from him..but members are getting crazy on that thread. Amazing response till now.

✓✓Only shared hosting-both DA and cPanel Still in 2006

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited November 2020

@Intelpentium0 said:

Idk. But his bf thread is nearing 2k comments! I haven't bought anything from him..but members are getting crazy on that thread. Amazing response till now.

I mean. If we did promos where instead of using codes, you had to respond to the thread to get any discount and also gave everything away for free.........

Thanked by (2)MaxKVM Joshua
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
    edited November 2020

Free VPS all you have to do is reply to a thread, yeah I am shocked it only has 2k replies.

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith said:

@DataRecovery said: So how legit this new venture is? Can it be trusted?

This is actually the guys 5th venture I believe, so sure, you can trust the snake not to bite you again now you know he is a snake.

I'm not in the hosting business nor do I have any services from Racknerd. But I do wonder how sustainable his offers and countless giveaways are in the long run? This alone has kept me away from purchasing anything from them.

• Rather quiet in the WHT World

• sweatbarsweatbar Hosting Provider

It will die unless they revamp it. Waiting to issue the death certificate.

PeekaBoo at https://handyhost.net
    (Not affiliated with the Russian Handyhost Website in any way.)

• I'm banned from WHT actually. Remember when WHT was hacked years ago? Apparently the joke I made about it was 'too soon' back then and they banned me. WHT was mainly about shared hosting imho. Not much technical deep dive over there.

• When I first learnt about VPS, I did use WHT in looking for hosts. Wasted so much time and money.

After knowing "L" and then subsequently here, I don't give a fuck to that crappy site.

• @seriesn said: I must admit the old days, when we had people like Keith, Martin, Sajan, @Lee, @ChrisMiller, Curtis and some other bunch, it was fun. I was known for being a trouble maker. Ahh the good times.

I still have the Google spreadsheet 'Bat list' of the list we made up of all the people on WHT that needed a baseball bat around the head. For those that are still around today it remains correct and still needs to be carried out. Although the top of the list cd/home is either not around anymore which is a shame. Maybe he is using another alias.

Thanked by (1)seriesn
  • @Lee said:

@seriesn said: I must admit the old days, when we had people like Keith, Martin, Sajan, @Lee, @ChrisMiller, Curtis and some other bunch, it was fun. I was known for being a trouble maker. Ahh the good times.

I still have the Google spreadsheet 'Bat list' of the list we made up of all the people on WHT that needed a baseball bat around the head. For those that are still around today it remains correct and still needs to be carried out. Although the top of the list cd/home is either not around anymore which is a shame. Maybe he is using another alias.

Here you go https://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=319323

Thanked by (1)Lee
  • Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Hosting Provider

✓✓Only shared hosting-both DA and cPanel Still in 2006

• I've joined there in August 2010. Never knew about LET.
    I bought a shared hosting plan back then with stablehost. About 22$ annually. Used it for a few years and later they had issues so didn't continue.
    Thereafter I didn't have a website and only used the domain for email with gsuite.
    Just last year I found out about both LET and LES, and only today I went there to check my history. I have never commented there.