Hostsolutions KVM 1TB storage VPS longitudinal review

I bought this during his first Halloween offer because back then it looked to me that @cociu has improved his server reliability tremendously. To get reliable data requires longitudinal data gathering, so I set about collecting it for a month. Lots of charts that are difficult to embed here, so you can see the performance over the 28 days I tracked here: https://lowendboxes.review/hostsolutions-storage-vps-longitudinal-review/

My data has validated my hunch. Keep up the good work @cociu.

I am also setting up a similar longitudinal data study (modified to account for CPU reliability as well) for some other providers so stay tuned.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

Comments

• Whilst I am sure there have been improvements, Hostsolutions always seems to be a provider where "it's been improved" until the next time, and historically it has been shown there will always be a next time.

Thanked by (2)Amitz vpsgeek
  • longitudinal data

Thanks. I learned a new phrase!

Thanked by (2)vpsgeek vyas

root@notty

• @Lee said:
    Whilst I am sure there have been improvements, Hostsolutions always seems to be a provider where "it's been improved" until the next time, and historically it has been shown there will always be a next time.

I don't deny the historical data. While you were away, @cociu admitted he messed up on the technical front and promised to change. My storage VPS was among the first batch rolled out after he said he had implemented changes and done rigorous testing, so I took him up on it and ran this longitudinal investigation to see if he is lying. There is no way to survive weeks without downtime or poor performance if he didn't improve as claimed.

I think I have enough evidence to give him the benefit of doubt, especially when there are other respectable technical people on LET who have assisted in the turnaround and vouched for him that indeed improvements were made. Of course, I will revise my position if later data shows otherwise, but at this juncture, the evidence is in his favor.

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• Digging that new review format. @cociu gets a lot of bad reps. Some due to his own mistakes but the rest due to the language barrier and not investing in customer care.

Guy try to run a decent business for a price that barely pays his hardware expense. I wish him all the best and I hope he continues to grow and becomes a major player in europe. Your review shows that he is sticking to his promise and making improvements. let's see how it goes :)

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@poisson said:
    I bought this during his first Halloween offer because back then it looked to me that @cociu has improved his server reliability tremendously. To get reliable data requires longitudinal data gathering, so I set about collecting it for a month. Lots of charts that are difficult to embed here, so you can see the performance over the 28 days I tracked here: https://lowendboxes.review/hostsolutions-storage-vps-longitudinal-review/

I am also setting up a similar longitudinal data study (modified to account for CPU reliability as well) for some other providers so stay tuned.

Wow mate impressive! Actually the data I needed to decide whether to buy

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

@poisson said:

Wow mate impressive! Actually the data I needed to decide whether to buy

I can't automate the charts so had to do manual data transfer for 28 days but this is a perfect sshfs solution to expand a cheap and fast VPS box with tiny Nvme storage (especially if you have an European VPS because of the great transfer speeds). That's one of my personal use case.

Thanked by (1)cybertech

• Same offer is up for black fri at the other place. @cociu how about us?!! :(

Thanked by (1)ITLabs