Strategy for Selling off VPS?

2»

Comments

• @dahartigan said: Swap til death.

That is one quick and painful death.

Thanked by (1)dahartigan
  • @cybertech said:
    download more rams, isn't it uncommon to provision on 92GB ?

usually cheaper 32/64 , or 128 upwards

Downloading RAM will take some effort:

Thanked by (1)Abdullah

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @Francisco said:

@Brueggus said:

@yoursunny said:
    Virmach has been selling to fraudsters and spammers for years on rented platform, and they haven't deadpooled yet.

...and I still don't get how they do that. CC doesn't rent servers THAT cheap, do they? I'd also expect Virmach being hit by a decent amount of chargebacks considering their target audience and their strict AUP enforcement.

Sure.

HiFormance was getting E5 2650v2's w/ a /24 included for $180/ea/month outta CC. Virmach is paying at most that, but likely lower.

There's a good chance CC is doing 5 year leases on their gear, that way they get the price pretty damn low.

Francisco

CC leases their gear to HiFormance or Vendor leases gear to CC? This means that the gears has been depreciated to 0, and the cost of CC on account is only electricity and IP?
    But it is still difficult to understand the low price of CC...

Action and Reaction in history

• HostMayoHostMayo Hosting Provider

So before this thread gets hijacked again can anyone recommend the cheapest colo to just start off.

• edited December 2020

@Billa said:
    So before this thread gets hijacked again can anyone recommend the cheapest colo to just start off.

Cheapest is ColonCrossing.

facepalm

Premium providers are on Clouvider.
    Asian-optimized providers are on Psychz Networks.

Thanked by (2)vpsgeek3333 HostMayo

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• My honest piece of advice is to focus on your local clients for selling vps or sell them somewhere where you can at least get paid your listed regular pricing.
    Or
    Restrict yourself to selling shared & reseller hosting only & wait until you can colo top spec servers at reliable datacenters to offer vps.

Those providers who either lease or colo with CC lose my respect. I do not consider such hosts as decent & reliable.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

Recommend: MyRoot.PW|BuyVM|Inception Hosting|Prometeus

• @Billa said:

No. Go for good and affordable.

Thanked by (1)HostMayo
  • @Billa said:

Joshua Prout, without a doubt.

/s