Which ADBlock Solution do you use?

Since major streaming platforms are actively targeting adblockers. Which AD Block solution are you using these days?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

I just use uBlock Origin in Chrome, and for Twitch since they implemented ads differently, there is a "TTV Ad-block" extension that's open on Github, works fine for the new ads.

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• In my phone, I use "energized pro" host based adblocker. Works pretty well.
    Ublock origin in chrome. However, there might be some issues in the future with chrome 89 upwards.
    https://www.theregister.com/AMP/2020/12/10/googles_browser_extension_platform_rewrite/

• AdGuard

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• I use cockblock origin.

Thanked by (1)dahartigan
  • nano in chrome, ublock in ff, built in blocker in opera

• pi.hole, ublock origin + umatrix combo in all my browsers. No ads anywhere, and the shitty animated crap on the sides of this site never get eye time with me. Who tf animates ads in 2020? What is this? 1995 macromedia flash?

Thanked by (1)PHP_Backend

You just read my signature.

• uBlock Origin in Chrome, and the built-in ad blocker in Vivaldi for Android.

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

Brave.

Francisco

Thanked by (1)Abdullah
  • AdGuard on everything

• uBlock Origin + Pi-Hole at home for me.

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@dylightful said:
    Since major streaming platforms are actively targeting adblockers. Which AD Block solution are you using these days?

Hardware solution - duct tape over the screen areas where ads are usually shown.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• I do not use any ad blocker. As a website author myself, I understand that many websites rely on advertising to survive, so that I keep relevant advertisements loaded and visible.

I watch ad-free movies on Amazon Prime Videos that I have paid for.

I skip ads in podcasts by pressing the "forward 30 seconds" button.

Thanked by (1)PHP_Backend

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• Adblock function in openwrt

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• Home network: Adguard home on a pi.
    Laptop/Desktop: ublock
    Android: Adblock DoT + firefox nightly(ublock) + youtube Vanced
    IOS: Adguard app + Tube Browser

Action and Reaction in history

• @honestlybruv said:
    pi.hole, ublock origin + umatrix combo in all my browsers. No ads anywhere, and the shitty animated crap on the sides of this site never get eye time with me. Who tf animates ads in 2020? What is this? 1995 macromedia flash?

Yeah the clouvider ad is the tackiest of them all imo, way too siezure-inducing lol

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• Laptop: uBlock
    Android: AdAway

We're not gonna get rid of anybody. We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man, you stay with him. And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished. We're finished. All of us.

• Mobile phones - AdGuard
    Desktop - ublock origin

DOS = HIGH?!?
    I knew it was on something!

• Laptop: Brave (separate profile) with umatrix + ublock origin. 30 seconds, done. I haven't seen an ad on that profile setup in years. Have complicated setups for the mobile devices but on "desktop" it's easy.

• PiHole + Adguard

• My combination is NextDNS with a mix of blocklists + Ublock Origin in Firefox

Use this setup on both my PC and phone, works great imo.

• AdGuard Home + uBlock Origin

• Adguard Home on Singapore VPS..

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• XetHostXetHost Hosting Provider

uBlock Origin

XetHost | VPS, Dedicated servers, SMTP services from Hungary | We accept Bitcoin and altcoins!

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

uBlock
    Privacy badger
    pihole

pihole ends up filtering out a huge amount of crap even after the browser blockers

• If you want to block more than ads, try umatrix. It gives you much more control over which connection and resource to allow.
    My mobile internet is still in 2000 era, so disabling all the third party resources for eye candy reasons lets me browse the internet in saner way.

Let me take this opportunity to tell you that how much I hate LES right sidebar circus. Just because I want to support site-owner by watching ads doesn't mean I should be bombed with all those circus-light. Ads should be considered as site's content too and they should be monitored just as threads.

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • @Decicus said:
    My combination is NextDNS with a mix of blocklists + Ublock Origin in Firefox

Use this setup on both my PC and phone, works great imo.

same here.
    nextdns free tier work fine

• I use my own DNS resolver on a VPS running PowerDNS with MySQL.

• I use AdblockPlus in Firefox on my PC :)

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

@PHP_Backend said:

If you want to block more than ads, try umatrix.

Project was abandoned by author btw

• Brave + uBlock origin on PC.

AdAway on Android.