How to stop Hetrixtools Uptime Monitor notification emails?

I've been using this free service for quite long. I have five monitors and they've been good. There are seldom, very few email alerts telling me that one or two of my boxes were offline/service unreachable, etc. But recently, I think there are a few weeks' long, it always sends emails while actually those machines are online. I don't want to set those monitors to maintenance mode without notifications, but cannot locate the place where users can stop the emailing notification when servers are offline/not reachable. Anyone here familiar with Hetrixtools monitoring tools?

Comments

• On the uptime monitoring dashboard, click on "Default Contact" and change to "[No Contact List / No Notifications]".

When creating a new monitoring, you can also select it from the "Contact List" drop down at the bottom and change from "Default Contact" to "[No Contact List / No Notifications]".

Thanked by (1)aRNoLD
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG

I'd suggest just increasing the "Alert Only After X Minutes Of Downtime" setting. The frequent downtime notifications is probably a result of some network blips on the routes between HetrixTools monitoring servers and your server. Increasing that setting to something like 5 or 10 minutes will likely eliminate the false alarms being caused by the dropped connections/routing issues.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• edited December 2020

sure... click on the pen to edit your monitor, find the 'show advanced settings' bar at the bottom of the popup and click on it.
    then find and adjust the settings for repeated notifications...

Thanked by (1)aRNoLD
  • edited December 2020

also, if you receive false alerts, try changing the locations you use to check and set it to the full amount before you receive an alert. (e.g. select 4 locations and only send an alter if all four are failing)
    maybe you use some firewall/blacklist that blocks IP ranges and therefore you also block some of Hetrix IPs?

• @Falzo said:
    also, if you receive false alerts, try changing the locations you use to check and set it to the full amount before you receive an alert. (e.g. select 4 locations and only send an alter if all four are failing)
    maybe you use some firewall/blacklist that blocks IP ranges and therefore you also block some of Hetrix IPs?

No, actually, my firewall rules are not changed from the start. That's why I got confused in the beginning. Thought this was due to some large-scale cyber attack that could make some of the servers/net infrastructures break down. It seems that servers in HK and JP are not/seldom affected.

Thanks, Falzo, FAT32 and Mason. I dig into the account setting page and never thought the dotted line was clickable and clicking it could bring up a drop-down menu.

Thanked by (2)FAT32 Falzo
  • AndreiAndrei Services Provider

As already suggested, best thing would be this: https://docs.hetrixtools.com/alert-only-after-x-minutes-of-downtime/

But that only if you are willing to ignore small downtimes, which of course you should not be doing.

I'd suggest looking into your Location Fail Log andNetwork Diagnostics as these will contain info about your outages.

And you can always just open a ticket if you need more assistance or help with the info in the above mentioned logs.

Cheers.

Thanked by (3)Ganonk aRNoLD flips
  • @Andrei said:
    As already suggested, best thing would be this: https://docs.hetrixtools.com/alert-only-after-x-minutes-of-downtime/

But that only if you are willing to ignore small downtimes, which of course you should not be doing.

I'd suggest looking into your Location Fail Log andNetwork Diagnostics as these will contain info about your outages.

And you can always just open a ticket if you need more assistance or help with the info in the above mentioned logs.

Cheers.

Thanks, Andrei. You provided a very detailed entry.