Reseller Hosting

I have about 10 sites mostly personal/friends/family/etc. All are on WordPress and very small.

Right now I have them on reseller hosting - the reason being for isolation of each site.

But now I am wondering do I really need reseller hosting?

I manage everything, and no one accesses the control panel (besides me)

Comments

• reseller itself is damn cheap, but for your requirement...you can go with buyshared shared hosting too.

but it all comes to space, BW usage

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited January 2021

@aaronstuder said:
    I have about 10 sites mostly personal/friends/family/etc. All are on WordPress and very small.

Right now I have them on reseller hosting - the reason being for isolation of each site.

But now I am wondering do I really need reseller hosting?

I manage everything, and no one accesses the control panel (besides me)

I think that reseller hosting greatly reduces the probability of one site's hack/virus being spread to the other websites - if you do everything right.
    Which saves you hassle after it has happened (and it always happens, sooner, or later).

For me - that's worth the extra few bucks.

Thanked by (2)tridinebandim Asim

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• edited January 2021

Well, on my opinion reseller give us more isolation, if you are using directadmin, you could directly manage your user from your reseller page without login using user account one by one.

Thanked by (1)Asim

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• @aaronstuder said: I manage everything, and no one accesses the control panel (besides me)

As of now, right ? but what if someone from the group

@aaronstuder said: friends/family

Suddenly happens to show interest, one day out of the blue?

So, Let that

@aaronstuder said: isolation

bring you peace of mind when that time happens to arise. No need to scramble.

Financial wise as @seenu said

@seenu said: it all comes to space, BW usage

There might be a little saving but I don't think it will be worth it, in your case.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • @bikegremlin said: I think that reseller hosting greatly reduces the probability of one site's hack/virus being spread to the other websites - if you do everything right.

+1 for this, this is exactly why I use reseller hosting and cPanel price rise per account did not help?so now switched to DirectAdmin reseller