LES Wiki - work in progress.

2»

Comments

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@AnthonySmith said: Sorry not a lot I can do about that, at least it is not a functional change.

Here are proposed changes in div class="Navigation-linkContainer". Maybe "Forum" should be "Talk".

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@deank said:
    Will I be able to add a definition for male PMS?

It's a common occurrence in low end world.

Without such article, the whole Wiki wouldn't have any sense.

Thanked by (1)vyas

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• Reminded by this (awesome) idea, wasn't a lowendwiki project started last year? I recall some conversation with @uptime about it. Maybe the two projects have some concurrence?

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

LEA had some scripts that checked hosts (providers) for certain changes.

Not sure if that wiki is still available, perhaps wayback machine to find more info?

The scripts are long gone but I’m sure we can, as a group fix that.

Use this link in wayback machine to some more text about it.

http://lowendbox.com/blog/hosting-provider-tracker-available-on-low-end-wiki/

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@AnthonySmith Yaaay!!! Thanks for making the change in the menu bar! Looks great again! On behalf of all the visually impaired people who need a lot of zoom, I do thank you so much for especial courtesy and consideration!

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• @Not_Oles said:
    @AnthonySmith Yaaay!!! Thanks for making the change in the menu bar! Looks great again! On behalf of all the visually impaired people who need a lot of zoom, I do thank you so much for especial courtesy and consideration!

Kind sir, that line should probably read "On behalf of people who find it hard to read"
    it covers a wider spectrum:

• those who cannot read because they have sub-optimal vision
    • those who cannot read due to language limitations)
    • those who cannot read because they are.... you know the types
    Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • edited January 2021

@vyas said:
    Reminded by this (awesome) idea, wasn't a lowendwiki project started last year? I recall some conversation with @uptime about it. Maybe the two projects have some concurrence?

Yes, that project was https://lowend.wiki/ , but it seems to be down now. In practice, it was mainly a site to learn about different providers. This said, I'm not sure whether it ever gained much traction.

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• I will volunteer time to edit the content so that words are top-notch. The market isn't looking too good now, so I have started my own copyediting and copywriting gig. I will contribute these skills to this project. @AnthonySmith let me know when content starts populating on the wiki.

If anyone needs a highly competent copyeditor or writer, do get in touch. LES folks will receive preferential pricing. I do a broad spectrum of editing and writing, from blog articles to academic manuscripts. If you prefer to learn how to write and edit your own work instead of relying on me, I am happy to arrange writing instruction and consultations too.

Thanked by (1)tridinebandim

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• edited January 2021

@poisson said: academic manuscripts

Just wanted to leave a mark for future to find easily if i need a proofread :3

thanks.

• @tridinebandim said:

@poisson said: academic manuscripts

Just wanted to leave a mark for future to find easily if i need a proofread :3

thanks.

You can bookmark my website which is in my signature. Just say you are from LES and the pricing will be preferential.

Thanked by (1)tridinebandim

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• i'm curious who are the three spirits (souls ?) in the LES logo ? maybe a good story for wiki too

i'm sure one of them is @AnthonySmith ... but dunno the other two

yes, this curiosity made me register

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@kassle said:
    i'm curious who are the three spirits (souls ?) in the LES logo ? maybe a good story for wiki too

i'm sure one of them is @AnthoySmith ... but dunno the other two

yes, this curiosity made me register

Generic people. The image was intended to show cooperation between people.

Thanked by (2)_MS_ kassle

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith said: cooperation between people

Community :)

Thanked by (2)InceptionHosting mikho
  • @AnthonySmith said:

@kassle said:
    i'm curious who are the three spirits (souls ?) in the LES logo ? maybe a good story for wiki too

Generic people. The image was intended to show cooperation between people.

I thought the 3 people represent:

• Inception Hosting
    • RandomIT
    • NanoVZ

Tap here if you don't know why.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.