Flash Sales at IKOULA* 01/21/2021 - 10h - 20% OFF lifetime discount on all dedicated servers

InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
edited January 2021 in Must See Deals

Flash Sales at IKOULA*
01/21/2021 - 10h

Dear customer,

IKOULA will launch 24 hours of flash sales and we wanted to inform you in advance to reward your loyalty!
These sales will start on January 21st at 10 A.M and will last only 24 hours!
We offer a 20% OFF lifetime discount on all dedicated servers (excluding Agile XXL Pro v2), regardless of the subscription period chosen.

Please remember that there is a limited number of coupons.

Date: 01/21/2021 10h (Paris) – 01/22/2021 10h (Paris)
Products: All dedicated servers (Excluding Agile XXL Pro v2)
Promotion: 20% OFF lifetime discount

Coupon code: IKFLASH20

*Flash Sale 20% OFF lifetime discount valid on all our dedicated servers (excluding Agile XXL Pro v2), regardless of the subscription period chosen. The offer is valid from January 21st, 2021 (10h00) to January 22ed 2021 (10h00) and cannot be combined with other promotion activities. Maximum of 4 coupons per person. 200 coupons available.

https://inceptionhosting.com
Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

Comments

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

OH, they offer Raspberry Pi as Microsserver hosting.... with 20% off, that would be interesting

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited January 2021

@mikho said:
    OH, they offer Raspberry Pi as Microsserver hosting.... with 20% off, that would be interesting

They had 50% on these before, without IPv6 it did cost you 2.50 per month.
    Meanwhile OneProvider does Sale in Germany, Hetzner and OVH discunted.

I had the Idea offering RaspberryPi LXC containers, but I figured that is stupid.

Thanked by (1)Unixfy
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Neoon said:

@mikho said:

I had the Idea offering RaspberryPi LXC containers, but I figured that is stupid.

Not all special offers last forever

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith said:

@Neoon said:

@mikho said:

Some do, just look at LET.

• @Neoon said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@Neoon said:

@mikho said:

Neoon knows it best, via his pet bot :D

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @Neoon said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@Neoon said:

@mikho said:

I've doubled your bandwidth.

Thanked by (2)ehab saibal

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• Slightly offtopic, but I see Ikoula also offers Synology NAS!? I've never seen a hosting provider offering those!
    https://www.ikoula.nl/nl/server-synology

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

@mikho said:

The concept of SD card as storage in a dedi is somewhat terrifying though lol

• @havoc said:

@mikho said:

The concept of SD card as storage in a dedi is somewhat terrifying though lol

I have Raspberry Pi 4 as desktop. I trust the SD card (from 2016) more than the spinning drive (from 2007).
    Did I mention that the spinning drive is making weird noises at night? But it's for swap (so I don't wear out the SD card) and seeding torrents.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

@yoursunny said: I have Raspberry Pi 4 as desktop. I trust the SD card (from 2016) more than the spinning drive (from 2007).

Really? What brand SD card?

I'm losing at least one a year to failing SD cards over the past 3 years. (Samsung EVO Plus mostly but also sandisk). It's a known issue...software like pihole is specifically coded to minimize writes to SD to prolong that as long as possible. Not a big deal...just wipe it and install again. Mostly works...but lately I've been getting cards that are starting to flunk the imaging verification when re-imaging them at which point you can toss them.

Which isn't to throw shade on the raspberries...I use them a lot...but little wary of trusting sd cards with data that matters (or uptime)

• @havoc said:

@yoursunny said: I have Raspberry Pi 4 as desktop. I trust the SD card (from 2016) more than the spinning drive (from 2007).

Really? What brand SD card?

I have two units of this SD card from GearBest: https://m.gearbest.com/memory-cards/pp_337823.html
    I also have two Samsung EVO brand SD cards, but they seem to be less reliable and sometimes cause a Pi 3 (predecessor of current Pi 4) to freeze, but they with on the Pi Zero.

I rotate the SD cards between Raspberry Pis and digital cameras, when I need to reimage one of the Pis.

The Raspberry Pi is running 24x7 but actively used for about 10 hours per week. Documents are on remote Nextcloud and swap is on HDD, so that only programs are on the SD card.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• SolaireSolaire OG
    edited January 2021

Slightly off-topic, but Samsung EVO Plus has been powering my Raspberry Pi's for 3-4 years (24/7). Not a single one has failed. In fact, my very first Pi still runs off it's original SD card, I believe that's a Kingston card though. I must admit however that few data is written to the SD card itself.

• Does anyone know what CPUs power their C-Memory, C-Storage, C-core line?

• @lowendmeow said:
    Does anyone know what CPUs power their C-Memory, C-Storage, C-core line?

4th generation intels mostly

• @vish said:

@lowendmeow said:
    Does anyone know what CPUs power their C-Memory, C-Storage, C-core line?

4th generation intels mostly

• I think I'd go for a so-called high endurance sd card. They are made for stuff like dashcams and can supposedly withstand more write/erase cycles. There are also "industrial" cards that I guess are the same idea.

Does Ikoula have anything really interesting these days, other than maybe the raspberry pi for some of you? I figure if I want a small dedi I'm happy with my old kimsufi.

• Did anyone see the post on Lowendtalk that Ikoula is doing a special year of the ox sale? 50% many different servers with the code NNKL. But most of the cheap ones are sold out :(