My Idlers - Self hosted web app for your servers, shared hosting and domains information

corbpiecorbpie OG
edited February 2021 in General

My Idlers is a web app for displaying, organizing and storing information about servers (VPS), shared hosting and domains.

Despite what the name infers this self-hosted web app isn't just for storing idling server information. By using a YABs output you can get disk & network speed values along with GeekBench 5 scores to do easier comparing and sorting.

Version 1.3 31st Jan 2021

Sample page (Add/Edit/Update/Delete disabled)

GitHub repo

Install instructions

Notes

Features

Add servers
Add shared hosting
Add domains
Auto suggest locations
Auto suggest providers
Auto get IP's from hostname
Check up/down status
Get YABs data from output
Save & view YABs output
Next due date system
Multi currency compatibility
Multi payment-term compatibility
Pre-defined operating systems
Assign tags
Assign labels
Assign server type (KVM, OVZ, LXC & dedi)
Easy to edit values
Order by table
Search items
Tally/stats card
One-page design

Screenshots
My idlers screenshot1

My idlers screenshot2

My idlers screenshot3

My idlers screenshot4

My idlers screenshot5

My idlers screenshot6

My idlers screenshot7

My idlers screenshot8

My idlers screenshot9

My idlers screenshot10

Auto complete location

Auto complete provider

Auto complete IP's

Get up/down status

Table scrolling x

Comments

• Idling server management at its best.

Thanked by (3)corbpie yoursunny bdl

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• It's cool.

Thanked by (1)corbpie
  • Wow I'm impressed, Ima install this quick,

Thanked by (1)corbpie
  • Really nice features :)

Thanked by (1)corbpie
  • Does it have a means to store YABs history? Add to that, it'll be great to have a way to compare different YABs results from different test times. :)

Thanked by (1)Wolveix
  • I have a (mostly) idle MXroute. Where do I put that?

Thanked by (2)Brueggus lgsin

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• Neat way to keep track of everything. Might have to give it a try. Good work!

• yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider

Is there a way i can upvote this thread ?

• edited January 2021

this is a super tool, i will check it out.
    Thank you very much.

• looks awesome. already have a few more suggestions I'd love to see:

• a field for non standard ssh port
    • a free text field to add any individual info or note
    • put it behind some login (ideally ofc a small user management to share data individually)

thanks for sharing and all the efforts you already put into that!

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
  • Also: a way to back up or export to CSV or Excel format :)

• Very neat! Great alternative for those using an Excel sheet for this.

Thanked by (2)corbpie seriesn
  • Did you copy that nameserver field from whcms?

Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • I like your subdomain naming!

Thanked by (1)corbpie
  • @Falzo said:

• put it behind some login (ideally ofc a small user management to share data individually)

User management would be overkill and any homemade user management is subject to attacks. For starters, it's very easy to make mistakes in how to store passwords.

An easier and more secure way is to deploy two separate webapps:

• An admin site that allows editing.
    • An external site for showcasing, with no editing capability. List of displayed fields are determined through a config file.

Then, the user can have the admin site listen on localhost and accessed via SSH tunnel, while the external site can either be open to everyone or placed behind Basic Auth configured in HTTP server.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• Love the 'View YABS' feature :D

• MS said:
    Love the 'View YABS' feature :D

Layout/formatting could be better I suppose.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited January 2021

@thedp said:

MS said:

True. At first, I thought that was the Close button :D. It's just the first release, and we might see changes in the future based on the feedback from the community.

• MS said:

@thedp said:

MS said:

True. At first, I thought that was the Close button :D. It's just the first release, and we might see changes in the future based on the feedback from the community.

Yeah.

Nevertheless, it's a piece of work ?

• AsimAsim OGServices Provider

How to report bugs @corbpie , github issues?

Thanked by (1)corbpie
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG

Well done! Looks great :)

Thanked by (1)corbpie

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• If I use a server to manage other servers, should I add the server itself to the list?

Action and Reaction in history

• @elliotc said:
    If I use a server to manage other servers, should I add the server itself to the list?

No, that server should go on a sticky note instead, stuck to your monitor or CPU :joy:

• Just a couple of feature requests (if you are accepting them and they are within scope of the project):

• Password protection for portal login (doesn't have to be a full user management deal, just an option to add a password prompt)
    • Option to create a HTML report or provide some sort of public facing view to allow people to view your servers publicly, with perhaps options on what details to show to the public or not (such as DNS, IP, etc.)

This looks awesome and will likely replace my spreadsheet I have. :)

Thanked by (3)Asim Hxxx corbpie

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• @thedp said:

@elliotc said:
    If I use a server to manage other servers, should I add the server itself to the list?

No, that server should go on a sticky note instead, stuck to your monitor or CPU :joy:

Unfortunately, in my country, sticky note and maker may count as weapon, I cannot use sticky note at will. :#

Action and Reaction in history

• @corbpie
    -You didn't used a framework so you are missing good security practices. Good thing you used PDO.
    @everyone
    -This project is not to be hosted publicly accessible. Basically there is zero user management, means no login, no secure sessions, no token etc. I guess is ok if you host it in your local computer where nobody can access it from the outside.

• HxxxHxxx OG
    edited January 2021

This is why you don't reinvent the wheel, instead you choose from one of the proven secure and stable PHP frameworks which already include best user management practices. User management is never overkill.

@yoursunny said:
    User management would be overkill and any homemade user management is subject to attacks. For starters, it's very easy to make mistakes in how to store passwords.

This is your opinion, but is not the year 1998.

An easier and more secure way is to deploy two separate webapps:

• An admin site that allows editing.
    • An external site for showcasing, with no editing capability. List of displayed fields are determined through a config file.

Then, the user can have the admin site listen on localhost and accessed via SSH tunnel, while the external site can either be open to everyone or placed behind Basic Auth configured in HTTP server.

• @casadebamburojo said:
    Does it have a means to store YABs history? Add to that, it'll be great to have a way to compare different YABs results from different test times. :)

Will work on that just for Disk & network speeds though.

@Falzo said:
    looks awesome. already have a few more suggestions I'd love to see:

• a field for non standard ssh port
    • a free text field to add any individual info or note

Thank you, they're on the todo list.

@casadebamburojo said:
    Also: a way to back up or export to CSV or Excel format :)

Export & import would be great however these can only be done once it is settled on the final fields/inputs.

@Neoon said:
    Did you copy that nameserver field from whcms?

The NS1 and NS2? No, i was just cutting down on using "Name server"

@CamoYoshi said:
    Just a couple of feature requests (if you are accepting them and they are within scope of the project):

• Option to create a HTML report or provide some sort of public facing view to allow people to view your servers publicly, with perhaps options on what details to show to the public or not (such as DNS, IP, etc.)

This looks awesome and will likely replace my spreadsheet I have. :)

Thanks, that is a nice idea and has been noted.