Windows Remote Desktop Access using HTML5

Recently have seen a training company hosting HTML5 based remote desktop to Windows, I found it is very fast compared to RDP client. What are the options available for remote desktop via HTML5?

They don't want to disclose the software used, but it is not HTML5 comes with Windows RDP nowadays.

Seems open source, they have modified the login screen.

Comments

• DewlanceDewlance Hosting ProviderOG
    edited February 2021

Do you have screenshot?

As I know Windows server allows you to install web RDP by using "Add Roles/Features".

Plus also look at this https://blog.mycloudit.com/microsoft-has-released-the-html5-based-rdp-web-client

Thanked by (1)gks

Dewlance - Affordable Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller Hosting
    WHMCS Addon - DemoTiger Video KB - Tutorial Videos for Hosting Providers.

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

Apache Guacamole or Parsec?

Really cool stuff.

Thanked by (1)gks
  • Thanked by (1)gks

We're not gonna get rid of anybody. We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man, you stay with him. And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished. We're finished. All of us.

• Maybe guacamole

Thanked by (1)gks
  • Trying Guacomole, Thanks

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Hosting ProviderOG
    edited February 2021

@gks said:
    Recently have seen a training company hosting HTML5 based remote desktop to Windows, I found it is very fast compared to RDP client. What are the options available for remote desktop via HTML5?

They don't want to disclose the software used, but it is not HTML5 comes with Windows RDP nowadays.

Seems open source, they have modified the login screen.

There are currently 2 actively developed solutions (that I know of):
    1. Guacamole: https://guacamole.apache.org
    2. Myrtille: https://github.com/cedrozor/myrtille

Also:

• Guacamole support both RDP and VNC (Myrtille only support RDP), make sure you use RDP as it will be smoother than VNC when connecting to Windows.
    • Both can be heavily modified to fit your requirements ;)
    • The differences in speed mainly caused by the network connectivity or the software (outdated RDP client will also have performance issue), shouldn't be related to the protocol in this case as both are using the same protocol.

@lentro said:
    Apache Guacamole or Parsec?

Really cool stuff.

Parsec is very nice but it doesn't support non-GPU servers - which means most VPS on the market :(

Hyonix — affordable licensed Windows VPS / CA, TX, VA, UK / Hyper-V Based / Enterprise NVMe / Unmetered Bandwidth.

Wanna try out? Our packages start from $6.5/m and we got your back with our 7-days money back guarantee!

• For personal use, I see there is Google Remote Desktop for chrome.
    Guacamole will try to setup for students, this reduce some issues in remote desktop especially that comes with linux.
    I am into training sometime, I will help to setup environment for participants. Thanks a ton.

• Guacamole is awesome for doing just that with Windows and Linux. Works great for me, but I'm missing copy/paste for some reason but haven't looked too deep into it.

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.