About Netcraft Takedown Request

DazzleDazzle OG
edited February 2021 in General

Hello, just curious maybe someone have experience getting takedown notice from Netcraft.com?

I got one today but after I checked the reported incident, the file mentioned does not exist.

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

Comments

• @Dazzle said:
    Hello, just curious maybe someone have experience getting takedown notice from Netcraft.com?

I got one today but after I checked the reported incident, the file mentioned does not exist.

the most idiot company ever , i receive like 300 emails/day from them. Fuck it.

• @cociu said:

the most idiot company ever , i receive like 300 emails/day from them. Fuck it.

Oh wow, okay.
    The provider did suspend my VPS because of it.

This scheme reminds me about what BitNinja doing some years ago. Won't waste my time and ended buying their product to stop terrorizing me.

Thank you for your comment.

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

• The email from netcrafti is like this :

"we SUSPECT"

THIS NOT MEAN IS TRUE IF YOU SUSPECT ... some prviders is scarry of this.

Thanked by (2)Dazzle ehab
  • So to provider suspended your service based on what you claim was a bogus abuse notification?

It must've been something serious for the provider to suspend service instead of forwarding the notification, can you publish the abuse report so we can take a look?

• ive received similar email , aws notified me and i replied that mentioned file does not exist on my server at all. they closed the case after my reply most probably due to mentioned url in the incident was 404

Thanked by (1)Dazzle
  • DewlanceDewlance Hosting ProviderOG

I always prefer to remove files, clean website and give thanks to Netcraft.

However sometimes we need to terminate account for hosting malicious files.

Dewlance - Affordable Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller Hosting
    WHMCS Addon - DemoTiger Video KB - Tutorial Videos for Hosting Providers.

• @Nyr said:
    So to provider suspended your service based on what you claim was a bogus abuse notification?

It must've been something serious for the provider to suspend service instead of forwarding the notification, can you publish the abuse report so we can take a look?

It happened before, this is the 2nd incident report, similar claim. The provider just immediately shut my VPS and ask me to check in safe mode. I wasted some hours by checking things but cannot find a thing.

The url and file they put in report is, I would like to say, fake. I won't go into detail about my site nor settings, etc. Just want to know if any other people faces similar claim from Netcraft.

@Dewlance said:
    I always prefer to remove files, clean website and give thanks to Netcraft.

However sometimes we need to terminate account for hosting malicious files.

How can I remove non-existence file?

• @Dazzle said: How can I remove non-existence file?

for your good sleep create one and delete it :) just lol.

Thanked by (3)Dazzle Dewlance tetech
  • We ignore netcraft complaints. They are the spammiest anti-spam company ever. We take "almost" all abuse complaints seriously. Not theirs.

Thanked by (1)ehab

Tab Fitts | Founder/CEO - Spry Servers
    SSD Shared Hosting || VPS || Dedicated Servers || Network Status || PHX1 LG || DAL1 LG || || AS398646 || 1-844-799-HOST (4678)

• @SpryServers_Tab said: They are the spammiest anti-spam company ever

i am totaly agree and i confirm this.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • joepie91joepie91 OGServices Provider

Wow, what on earth happened to Netcraft? They used to be good people, but seem to have gone completely off the deep end with security snakeoil and "brand protection" nonsense...

• I marked Netcraft emails as spam, ended up receiving so many that were just nonsense I just wanted them all blocked.

• hostEONShostEONS Hosting ProviderOG

Bitninja is just trying to market their product, but Netcraft we usually receive valid complain, we always verify it before taking actions, sometimes when we get repeat complain then it's false positive, like if we terminated an abusive vps, then same IP get allocated to another user and if Netcraft even detects web server on same IP they send same complain again without checking, but we just reply them to check it again and they respond again after verifying and close the case.

Even for bitninja we check traffic for reported IP and if it appears to be doing what bitninja is complaining we take action and if we don't find anything abusive we just ignore their complains

Thanked by (1)Dewlance

hostEONS.com - 9 Locations for VPS (US and EU).. Free Blesta License, Free Windows 2019 License and more. Shared DA Hosting. AS142036 .. Ryzen 7950X Based VDS in SLC, LA and Dallas

• Sad to see a veteran player in the industry like Netcraft pivoting into this shady business of fake abuse notifications.

Still, your provider is the problematic part in this equation if they suspend services without forwarding or at least verifying abuse notices.

Thanked by (1)quicksilver03