Introducing NOVOS BRICK cloud storage - 200 GB for just €1 (one-time only)

1234579

Comments

  • @dosai said:

    @Xenic said:

    @yoursunny said:

    @dosai said:
    has anyone successfully mounted nextcloud using webdav?

    I set a system-wide mount for WebDAV.
    All files would show up as owned by the ubuntu user that I use to login to the desktop.

    sudo apt install davfs2
    
    sudo mkdir -p /mnt/BRICK
    
    sudoedit /etc/davfs2/secrets
      /mnt/BRICK [email protected] 8e0e052e-7beb-4e35-bf8d-45e9d69aceaf
    
    sudoedit /etc/fstab
      https://brick.novos.be/remote.php/dav/files/[email protected]/ /mnt/BRICK davfs _netdev,user,uid=ubuntu,gid=ubuntu 0 0
    

    Thank you, i tried another tutorial first (The System entered the recovery mode before) but this "tutorial" works without issues :D

    I'm guessing (not sure), if you reboot - your machine will go to rescue mode since you have altered fstab. Because it happened to me.

    Correct, but i tried it with another Tutorial before, Now it works fine :D

    Greetings from ?? Gummersbach , Xenic.
    Good Providers: ?? https://myroot.pw & ?? https://store-host.com

  • DanielDaniel OG
    edited February 7

    Out of curiosity, if it's just for files, why Nextcloud rather than Seafile? Seafile's syncing is faster and more reliable than Nextcloud. Sorry if it was already mentioned on one of the otter pages in the thread.

    Thanked by (1)bark
  • @dosai said:

    @Xenic said:

    @yoursunny said:

    https://brick.novos.be/remote.php/dav/files/[email protected]/ /mnt/BRICK davfs _netdev,user,uid=ubuntu,gid=ubuntu 0 0
    

    I'm guessing (not sure), if you reboot - your machine will go to rescue mode since you have altered fstab.

    If you forget _netdev in mount options, systemd would attempt to mount the drive before networking is ready. This would fail and the system cannot finish booting.

    Thanked by (1)NanoG6

    I have five ≥1GB, ≤$16/year KVM servers. Are you jealous?

  • martijnkmartijnk Hosting Provider

    @Daniel said:
    Out of curiosity, if it's just for files, why Nextcloud rather than Seafile? Seafile's syncing is faster and more reliable than Nextcloud. Sorry if it was already mentioned on one of the otter pages in the thread.

    Because Seafile's pro version is proprietary software, Nextcloud is fully open source,. Plus Nextcloud has more features and a much larger community and is also better known by people.

    I also heard Seafile's encryption is very weak.

    Also if you want 1 gbps transfer speeds and real storage you can always buy one of our Hybrid VPS ;)

  • @martijnk said: Because Seafile's pro version is proprietary software, Nextcloud is fully open source,.

    Oh yeah, I forgot about the pro version. I use the open source version.

    I think Nextcloud still lacks delta/partial syncing (if you modify a large file, only upload the parts of the file that have changed, rather than the entire file) which is a reason I chose to use Seafile instead.

  • Nextcloud talk has returned! (Still broken in the same manner for me :angry: ).
    I'm also seeing Nextcloud Music added to it or was that already there?

  • martijnkmartijnk Hosting Provider

    @Groentjuh said:
    Nextcloud talk has returned! (Still broken in the same manner for me :angry: ).
    I'm also seeing Nextcloud Music added to it or was that already there?

    I was testing with Talk. It still doesn't work. I opened a bug report but several with the same issue already exist. I'm not sure when they will fix it.

    https://github.com/nextcloud/spreed/issues/4592

    Music was added indeed.

  • what is the purpose of talk, talk to nextcloud users?

  • edited February 9

    @tridinebandim said:
    what is the purpose of talk, talk to nextcloud users?

    Well, you could use it to talk to the other users on the Nextcloud (contactlist is blocked, but it will work by inviting by email).

    Each chat can also be setup to allow guests and have to a password on it. These chats also can be used for voice/video group calls. That last thing would basically give you a sort of Jitsi depending on the presence of the backend server. Without that, it would still work, but performance on call with more people will cause issues.

    Given that last use, I do not mind it being there! It is a bit of an edge-case feature, but why not have it in these times?

  • Not saying that it means anything, but Fortigate has your site added in their blocklists as a phising site.
    https://www.fortiguard.com/webfilter?q=brick.novos.be&version=8
    I just triggered a shitload of alarms in one of my firewalls :)

  • edited February 9

    more features more bugs, resources, overheat. just make it simple, solid storage, so we may have the pleasure(brag) for years. :)

    Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • martijnkmartijnk Hosting Provider

    @rcy026 said:
    Not saying that it means anything, but Fortigate has your site added in their blocklists as a phising site.
    https://www.fortiguard.com/webfilter?q=brick.novos.be&version=8
    I just triggered a shitload of alarms in one of my firewalls :)

    If you type anything with novos.be it will say that. Not sure what it means.

    I did experiment with a btcpay server running in docker a couple of weeks ago though which was marked by Google as phishing which I immediately removed because of that. I think that's what's probably causing this and now they just mark entire *.novos.be as phishing.

  • @martijnk said:

    @rcy026 said:
    Not saying that it means anything, but Fortigate has your site added in their blocklists as a phising site.
    https://www.fortiguard.com/webfilter?q=brick.novos.be&version=8
    I just triggered a shitload of alarms in one of my firewalls :)

    If you type anything with novos.be it will say that. Not sure what it means.

    I did experiment with a btcpay server running in docker a couple of weeks ago though which was marked by Google as phishing which I immediately removed because of that. I think that's what's probably causing this and now they just mark entire *.novos.be as phishing.

    You could request a review to be removed from the blocklist, just follow the link I posted.

  • @tridinebandim said:
    more features more bugs, resources, overheat. just make it simple, solid storage, so we may have the pleasure(brag) for years. :)

    It really depends on what the service wants to offer. Does it want to offer basic Nextcloud based storage or does it want to be a cloud-suite.

  • martijnkmartijnk Hosting Provider

    @Groentjuh said:

    @tridinebandim said:
    more features more bugs, resources, overheat. just make it simple, solid storage, so we may have the pleasure(brag) for years. :)

    It really depends on what the service wants to offer. Does it want to offer basic Nextcloud based storage or does it want to be a cloud-suite.

    Storage is the main thing obv. but if all the other stuff works it would be nice as well. Best effort though, no guarantees :)

  • martijnkmartijnk Hosting Provider

    @rcy026 said:

    @martijnk said:

    @rcy026 said:
    Not saying that it means anything, but Fortigate has your site added in their blocklists as a phising site.
    https://www.fortiguard.com/webfilter?q=brick.novos.be&version=8
    I just triggered a shitload of alarms in one of my firewalls :)

    If you type anything with novos.be it will say that. Not sure what it means.

    I did experiment with a btcpay server running in docker a couple of weeks ago though which was marked by Google as phishing which I immediately removed because of that. I think that's what's probably causing this and now they just mark entire *.novos.be as phishing.

    You could request a review to be removed from the blocklist, just follow the link I posted.

    Yeah noticed, will do so.

  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

    service is speeding up really fast now!

    I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

  • @martijnk Thanks for the Music app. Works great with subsonic clients. I just linked it to DSub and works like a charm. Cheers!

    Thanked by (2)flips martijnk

    DOS = HIGH?!?
    I knew it was on something!

  • martijnkmartijnk Hosting Provider

    Got a couple more left in stock, then I will put it on sold out for now after 300 ppl got this package.

    The 10 GB version will still be available (for free).

    Thanked by (2)tridinebandim ehab
  • I shared it on a big Dutch tech forum. A couple of forum members signed up and are enjoying your service as well now :)

    Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Grabbed one, thank you.

  • Interesting service, I'm looking forward on using it. ?

    Curious, what's the retention time of the activity logs?

    As I managed to accidentally upload some stuff when trying out the Nextcloud Android app as it had auto-upload on by default.

    Though, I had deleted the files now but I don't like seeing the filenames in the activity log itself.

    Lurker of LET since 2016.
    Mostly lurking here since 2019.

  • @Mei said:
    Interesting service, I'm looking forward on using it. ?

    Curious, what's the retention time of the activity logs?

    As I managed to accidentally upload some stuff when trying out the Nextcloud Android app as it had auto-upload on by default.

    Though, I had deleted the files now but I don't like seeing the filenames in the activity log itself.

    I believe the default value is 365 days.
    Would be great if @martijnk could set it to 30 days, or even less.
    I see no point in storing such data for hundreds of users in the database for a long time.

    Thanked by (2)Mei AlwaysSkint
  • Couldn't resist. Ordered one. Thanks

  • martijnkmartijnk Hosting Provider

    @Naix said:

    @Mei said:
    Interesting service, I'm looking forward on using it. ?

    Curious, what's the retention time of the activity logs?

    As I managed to accidentally upload some stuff when trying out the Nextcloud Android app as it had auto-upload on by default.

    Though, I had deleted the files now but I don't like seeing the filenames in the activity log itself.

    I believe the default value is 365 days.
    Would be great if @martijnk could set it to 30 days, or even less.
    I see no point in storing such data for hundreds of users in the database for a long time.

    I've set it to 7 days now. Saves me some database space as well :)

    Thanked by (3)Naix AlwaysSkint Mei
  • Ordered one! Thanks @martijnk for offering this to the LES community!

  • Upload speed is really slow... can only get 5-10 Mbps from my Stockholm VPS

  • @brentybh said:
    Upload speed is really slow... can only get 5-10 Mbps from my Stockholm VPS

    Same , @martijnk I'm getting 1-2mbps initially it was 10+

  • martijnkmartijnk Hosting Provider

    @wordpress said:

    @brentybh said:
    Upload speed is really slow... can only get 5-10 Mbps from my Stockholm VPS

    Same , @martijnk I'm getting 1-2mbps initially it was 10+

    Well speed depends on many factors. I can't tell if it's you or me but I'm not limiting bandwidth nor is the line saturated or the servers overloaded. That's all I can say :)

    Thanked by (1)kkrajk
  • Nextcloud 21 is released with a optional component written in Rust. This "High Performance Back-end for Files" should massively decrease response times.

    Would that also be rolled out for Brick? I wonder if any differences can be detected for the users if that were deployed!

Sign In or Register to comment.