Webhosting24 Year of the Ox Special

tomazutomazu Hosting Provider

To celebrate the New Year of the Golden Ox, Webhosting24 is offering the following specials and promotions:

VPS

20x21 Special (21 EUR/year):
2 vCores (fair share CPU usage) Intel Xeon E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz
2GB RAM memory
21 GB NVMe RAID10 Storage
5 TB monthly BW @ 1Gbit/s
1 IPv4 address
1 IPv6 /48 subnet
21 EURO per year (+VAT if applicable)
https://www.webhosting24.com/cp/cart.php?a=add&pid=459

We are also reopening the 10x10x10 Special (10 EURO/year):
1 vCore (fair share CPU usage) Intel Xeon E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz
1GB RAM memory
10 GB NVMe RAID10 Storage
2TB monthly BW @ 1Gbit/s
1 IPv4 Address
1 IPv6 /48 subnet
10 EURO per year (+VAT if applicable)
https://www.webhosting24.com/cp/cart.php?a=add&pid=458

Munich Cloud Servers:

https://www.webhosting24.com/cp/cart.php?gid=42

SHARED HOSTING

Golden Ox Shared Hosting Package (10 EURO/year)
10GB SSD webspace
cPanel control panel for Linux, Plesk for Windows
Barracuda ESG SPAM protection
1000 GB monthly bandwidth
50 addon domains
UNLIMITED Databases
UNLIMITED E-Mail Addresses
FREE SSL Certificated
IPv4 and IPv6
Linux version:
https://www.webhosting24.com/cp/cart.php?a=add&pid=461
Windows version:
https://www.webhosting24.com/cp/cart.php?a=add&pid=462

DOMAIN NAMES

And of course we are offering .ASIA Domain Registrations at special prices:
.ASIA @8.40 EURO/year:
https://www.webhosting24.com/cp/mydomainchecker.php

Use coupon 2021GOLDENOX at checkout!

Happy New Year!

Looking Glass:
https://lg.muc.webhosting24.com/

General Terms & Conditions (GTC):
https://www.webhosting24.com/terms-and-conditions/

Acceptable Use Policy (AUP):
https://www.webhosting24.com/acceptable-use-policy/

Image credit:
FreeVector.com

Webhosting24: We are a Hoster, so You can be a Builder.® Build something today: 1 IPv4 & /48 IPv6 subnet always included
Munich Cloud Servers: NVMe RAID10 & Unmetered Bandwidth Singapore Launch Thread - Premium Connectivity, Ryzen CPU & NVMe RAID1

Thanked by (3)ehab cybertech Ganonk

Comments

• Is custom ISO supported for VPS?
    (OpenBSD to be specific)

• I got myself a 10x10x10 Special around Black Friday and so far it's rock stable and idling hard.

10/10 would recommend if you're after something else than Frankfurt in Germany.

Thanked by (1)tomazu

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• tomazutomazu Hosting Provider

@phart said:
    Is custom ISO supported for VPS?
    (OpenBSD to be specific)

yes, you can install from ISO - the templates are just there to save you time, but of course you are not forced to use it and have full ISO support and VNC access.

Thanked by (1)phart

Webhosting24: We are a Hoster, so You can be a Builder.® Build something today: 1 IPv4 & /48 IPv6 subnet always included
    Munich Cloud Servers: NVMe RAID10 & Unmetered Bandwidth Singapore Launch Thread - Premium Connectivity, Ryzen CPU & NVMe RAID1

• edited February 2021

Hello,
    I want to know where (websites or forums, etc) you have post this offer (Ox Special) ?
    So far, the place I see this offer in total, is merely lowendspirit.
    Thank you

edited February 2021

I want to know where (websites or forums, etc) you have post this offer (Ox Special) ?
    So far, the place I see this offer in total, is merely lowendspirit.

thank you for the question brunuh, so far I have posted this only on LES. It is my understanding that I am required or that at least it is expected that offers on LES should be privileged and/or exclusive for at least a short time period.

That means that if I post it on LES, it is there first and I will not post it at the same time on other forums etc.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, nice to see you signed up for this ;-) !

• edited February 2021

Please let me know if you have any other questions, nice to see you signed up for this ;-) !

Is Webhosting24 all run by yourself, or it's run by a team and you take charge of some part ;)

• @tomazu said: It is my understanding that I am required or that at least it is expected that offers on LES should be privileged and/or exclusive for at least a short time period.

I believe that's just the LES exclusive category. I don't think it applies to the standard "offers" category.

edited February 2021

Is Webhosting24 all runned by yourself, or it's runned by a team and you take charge of some part ;)

Webhosting24 is the "do-it-yourself" Hosting division/brand of INCUBATEC (Server24 is the Managed Services division/brand). We are a small group of companies active in the hosting, domain and server/cloud space since 2001 (we are also active in the renewable energy sector https://www.incubatec.com/portfolio_category/renewables/ and in real estate https://www.incubatec.com/portfolio_category/realestate/) with offices in Italy and Germany where we also have our NOC (run by webhosting24 GmbH in Munich) and the two main data centres interconnected with dark fiber (we have 18 PoPs worldwide and we plan to further expand in 2021). We have an ICANN Registrar (Own Identity, Inc.) and are members of RIPE (https://www.ripe.net/membership/indices/data/it.incubatec-com.html & https://www.ripe.net/membership/indices/data/de.webhosting24.html) and have our own AS-numbers and IP-addresses. We are accredited at Registro ccTLD .IT, NicAT .AT, EURid .EU, AFNIC .FR and many others (including of course VeriSign, NeuStar etc. with the ICANN Registrar).

So yes, we are a small group and I take charge within the team and am currently looking to expand internationally.

If you have any further question, just let me know.

Thanked by (2)_MS_ mfs

@Mr_Tom said:

@tomazu said: It is my understanding that I am required or that at least it is expected that offers on LES should be privileged and/or exclusive for at least a short time period.

I believe that's just the LES exclusive category. I don't think it applies to the standard "offers" category.

thank you, I was not aware of this and as it is my first offer on LES I wanted to play it safe and take care of it more personally anyway :-)

Thanked by (2)Mr_Tom flips

• Cool guy and awesome services so far. ?

Thanked by (1)tomazu

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• edited February 2021

Webhosting24 is the "do-it-yourself" Hosting division/brand of INCUBATEC (Server24 is the Managed Services division/brand). We are a small group of companies active in the hosting, domain and server/cloud space since 2001 (we are also active in the renewable energy sector https://www.incubatec.com/portfolio_category/renewables/ and in real estate https://www.incubatec.com/portfolio_category/realestate/) with offices in Italy and Germany where we also have our NOC (run by webhosting24 GmbH in Munich) and the two main data centres interconnected with dark fiber (we have 18 PoPs worldwide and we plan to further expand in 2021). We have an ICANN Registrar (Own Identity, Inc.) and are members of RIPE (https://www.ripe.net/membership/indices/data/it.incubatec-com.html & https://www.ripe.net/membership/indices/data/de.webhosting24.html) and have our own AS-numbers and IP-addresses. We are accredited at Registro ccTLD .IT, NicAT .AT, EURid .EU, AFNIC .FR and many others (including of course VeriSign, NeuStar etc. with the ICANN Registrar).

Oh, man, that's really impressive! B)

Thanked by (1)tomazu
  • edited February 2021

Why You are using paypal subscription at checkout ??

@ddnang02 said:

What's wrong with that? You can cancel the PP subscription at any time and T&C clearly state the recurring nature.

• Do you offer BGP sessions? The location is very nice :)

Thanked by (1)tomazu
  • @tomazu said:

@ddnang02 said:

What's wrong with that? You can cancel the PP subscription at any time and T&C clearly state the recurring nature.

OK

You did not give /48 IPv6 as advertised

My VPS provisioned with just /64 IPv6 subnet :/

@Unixfy said:
    Do you offer BGP sessions? The location is very nice :)

yes, but currently BGP sessions are manually set up and the usual conditions apply for announcing your own ranges (LOA etc.).

Thanked by (1)Unixfy

@ddnang02 said:

@tomazu said:

@ddnang02 said:

OK

You did not give /48 IPv6 as advertised

My VPS provisioned with just /64 IPv6 subnet :/

sorry about that, could you please stop and start your VPS from the control panel? Then you should be able to see and use your /48 IPv6 subnet.

• edited February 2021

@tomazu said:

man, your website seems get stuck, it responses so slowly

@brunuh said:

@tomazu said:

man, your website seems get stuck, it responses so slowly

the nightly weekend database backup of our billing backend started.. it should be responsive soon again.

• edited February 2021

the nightly weekend database backup of our billing backend started.. it should be responsive soon again.

the website is already normal, but the vps is still pending...almost half an hour

edited February 2021

@brunuh said:

the website is already normal, but the vps is still pending...almost half an hour

then probably the order got stuck for manual verification. Have you used a valid address, no VPN IP etc. for signup and/or during checkout?

I have manually approved your order for the time being, but please see the message sent on Webhosting24.

Thank you for the order!

• @tomazu said:
    I have manually approved your order for the time being, but please see the message sent on Webhosting24.

I reply it with some required information, it has created a support ticket in Info department.
    Please check

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

anyone has any....bench?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• TheDPTheDP OG
    edited February 2021

@cybertech said:
    anyone has any....bench?

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sun 14 Feb 2021 07:24:18 AM CET

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2399.996 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 1.9 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 20.6 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 267.89 MB/s  (66.9k) | 2.52 GB/s    (39.5k)
    Write      | 268.60 MB/s  (67.1k) | 2.54 GB/s    (39.7k)
    Total      | 536.49 MB/s (134.1k) | 5.07 GB/s    (79.2k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 3.10 GB/s     (6.0k) | 2.89 GB/s     (2.8k)
    Write      | 3.27 GB/s     (6.3k) | 3.08 GB/s     (3.0k)
    Total      | 6.38 GB/s    (12.4k) | 5.98 GB/s     (5.8k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 905 Mbits/sec   | 563 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 931 Mbits/sec   | 339 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 964 Mbits/sec   | 583 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 208 Mbits/sec   | 40.7 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 424 Mbits/sec   | 109 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 138 Mbits/sec   | 72.4 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 331 Mbits/sec   | 91.1 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 171 Mbits/sec   | 51.4 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 384 Mbits/sec   | 292 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 366 Mbits/sec   | 473 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 393 Mbits/sec   | 431 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 118 Mbits/sec   | 89.4 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 109 Mbits/sec   | 92.7 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 736
    Multi Core      | 1467
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6494470

Thanked by (1)cybertech

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited February 2021

redacted

sorry wrong thread

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 905 Mbits/sec   | 563 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 931 Mbits/sec   | 339 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 964 Mbits/sec   | 583 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 208 Mbits/sec   | 40.7 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 424 Mbits/sec   | 109 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 138 Mbits/sec   | 72.4 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 331 Mbits/sec   | 91.1 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 171 Mbits/sec   | 51.4 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 384 Mbits/sec   | 292 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 366 Mbits/sec   | 473 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 393 Mbits/sec   | 431 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 118 Mbits/sec   | 89.4 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 109 Mbits/sec   | 92.7 Mbits/sec

FYI:
    The hardware nodes are connected 2x10GE, but each VPS is limited to 1Gbps (as can also be seen in this benchmark)..

• So uhhh using any uploaded ISO to install (either BSD or Linux) I get no network connection at all? Works fine with the provided templates though.

Also I can't see any way to remove my credit card details from my account, I don't remember checking any option to store it during payment.

edited February 2021

@phart said:
    So uhhh using any uploaded ISO to install (either BSD or Linux) I get no network connection at all? Works fine with the provided templates though.

AFAIK for Debian 10 we need to turn off the network management of the orchestrating software when installing from ISO, so please open a ticket to verify if that is the issue.

Also I can't see any way to remove my credit card details from my account, I don't remember checking any option to store it during payment.

we do not store the credit card data ourselves, but get a token from Stripe. If you are unable to remove it from the billing panel, again please open a support ticket and it will be manually removed.

Thanked by (1)phart

• @tomazu said:

@phart said:
    So uhhh using any uploaded ISO to install (either BSD or Linux) I get no network connection at all? Works fine with the provided templates though.

AFAIK for Debian 10 we need to turn off the network management of the orchestrating software when installing from ISO, so please open a ticket to verify if that is the issue.

we do not store the credit card data ourselves, but get a token from Stripe. If you are unable to remove it from the billing panel, again please open a support ticket and it will be manually removed.

Support are very helpful and fast, VPS goes well, nice deal!

Thank you very much @phart for the nice feedback, keep it coming ;-)