New Admin, Who Dis!?

Comments

• @seriesn said: The M&M GANG!

Eminem? :o

Thanked by (1)Mason

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

Hello, welcome!

I don't really want to put my info online so I can't reciprocate your introduction, but just wanted to say hello and thanks for the personal touch. Really admire the work you do, esp with YABS.

@Mason said: My door and inbox is always open for you to come to me with any questions, concerns, and criticisms that you may have. You won't hurt my feelings if you disapprove of anything that I do and voice your concerns either privately or publicly, that's your right when being a member of this community.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Feels much more like a community when we know the mods :)

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer
    edited February 2021

Totally off topic...but since we're posting M&M people I guess people will forgive me lol

@Mason - can you please make the yabs iperf stuff time out faster? On any given day most of the servers seem offline and the script seems to hit & wait each like 10 times. Literally feels like 20 mins of script run time of which 19 is waiting

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@seriesn said:

@ehab said:
    @seriesn M&M-------- Bob thinks of this coupon - he knows when it sounds right -- next time BOB.
    :)

Sounds delicious. hmm. Ideas.

@mikho said: Can do a show and tell tomorrow.

If it is NSFW, please give heads up. Also live stream?

I’ll start with a novel for you to read and perhaps we could schedule a video for later this year?

Thanked by (1)Mason

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @mikho said: I’ll start with a novel for you to read and perhaps we could schedule a video for later this year?

>

Unless you writing virmach style, I am not reading dad.

Thanked by (2)lentro Mason
  • Everyone's bandwidth has been doubled!

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• MasonMason AdministratorOG
    edited February 2021

@havoc said:
    Totally off topic...but since we're posting M&M people I guess people will forgive me lol

@Mason - can you please make the yabs iperf stuff time out faster? On any given day most of the servers seem offline and the script seems to hit & wait each like 10 times. Literally feels like 20 mins of script run time of which 19 is waiting

Aye! Definitely understand the frustration there. A couple of days ago, I reduced the number of retries from 10 to 5 to speed things up. If a retry didn't succeed in the first 5 tries, then it was highly unlikely to succeed in the next 5... or at least that was my thought process.

The way it's currently set up, it'll kill the test after 10 seconds whether or not it ever connected to the server. It only knows the connection didn't succeed after waiting those 10 seconds. If I can figure out a better way to detecting down iperf servers, I'd be happy to implement that. But for now, I'll keep things nice and simple. Also, Dom from Clouvider recently added 9 more ports to all of their iperf servers, so that should also help a lot as well as it was only one port per server previously.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• Glad to have you onboard.

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • @angstrom said:
    Everyone's bandwidth has been doubled!

GB5 is doubled to GB10, and everyone's score is doubled!

Thanked by (1)Mason

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• No fire yet ?

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • debaserdebaser OG
    edited February 2021

Two of the nicest guys in the Low End world becoming our overlords admins. Good things. Together with the community I’m sure you will make this place better than it ever was (and it’s already pretty good).

Congrats once again @Mason and @mikho

Thanked by (2)Mason mikho
  • Glad to see @mikho on the team too, it is a great choice for sure.

Wish you guys the best!

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

My congratulations to @Mason & @mikho wishing you all the best in this new endeavor.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @angstrom said:
    Everyone's bandwidth has been doubled!

ipv6 please.......

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • AsimAsim OGServices Provider

Congratulations @Mason , like the alien "toothbrush" touch in your living room. I know my kids will freak out if they see such a thing in our living room, lol

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • Congrats!

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG

@Asim said: I know my kids will freak out if they see such a thing in our living room, lol

Lol it sure has given me a scare multiple times. My wife got bored during quarantine and started doing pranks to keep me on my toes -- water in a cup on top of the semi-closed door that splashed down on me, googly eyes on all my computer stuff (monitors, laptops, etc.), prints of this nightmare-esque Steve Buscemi photoshopped pic hidden in random places, and finally the alien cutout that she likes to sneak around. Came home from work one day and found him staring at me from the backdoor, another time I discovered him standing in my parking spot as I was backing into my garage though my backup cam, and he's also blessed me with his presence upon opening the bathroom door after having a shower. But at this point he's part of the family ;)

Thanked by (3)mikho Wolveix _MS_

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @mikho And @Mason Congrats on your new and responsibility

• I would love to see @Mason and @mikho in action

@valkyrie said:
    I would love to see @Mason and @mikho in action

That quote and @seriesn repeated requests for live streams .... its all becoming clear now.

Thanked by (4)valkyrie ehab Wolveix Mason

• @mikho said:

@valkyrie said:
    I would love to see @Mason and @mikho in action

That quote and @seriesn repeated requests for live streams .... its all becoming clear now.

LowEndJasmin?

Thanked by (1)Mason

In a weak, tired moment I accepted to write something about myself and here I am, watching an empty
    notepad document, waiting for the inspiration to hit me.

I am a man of few words, that is why I will never win "most posts" on any forum or write lengthy posts (this might be an exception).

First things first

I'm one of the old guys in this community, old not only in the number of years present in this and other forums but also in age (46 in a month).
    I have been part of the writing team for LEB before it was handed over to CC.
    I've been a mod on both LET and LES (old forum).
    Not to forget mentioning being a member on HB/HT, 96forum.com, VPSBoard, and other known or unknown forums related to the LowEndSpirit we know as of today.

Began my career as a Tech runner, doing simple tasks, then changed direction and decided to work as a software developer (Pascal/Delphi).
    I stayed with that company for almost 10 years where I not only did customer-specific software but also single-handed was in charge of the server infrastructure, it-support and continued the software development.

Then I moved into the world as an IT Consultant, working with both small and larger companies.
    When @AnthonySmith started the LowEndSpirit project I registered as sole-trader in 2017 and began offering shared hosting and eventually NAT servers to help grow LES.

I've always been interested in how technical stuff is built, how machines and software can work together to create an automated, easier day-to-day life for us humans.
    That's why I decided to start another company (outside of the hosting business) and continue to help develop customers to be the best they can be in their line of work.
    I guess being the pragmatic type of person, I like the foundation of LES, the "do more with less" way of thinking, and that influences me in my everyday living.

Not to make this post too long where I write random stuff about myself, here is some more personal stuff that some of you already know.
    I'm married to a wonderful wife and we have three kids. Living in the south of Sweden with no interest in moving elsewhere.
    My interests outside of the tech world:

• Football, both the American version and the real version.
    • My caravan, I try to get it out on the roads during summertime.
    • I finally decided to go back to the gym again, been there 2 days in a row and today will be a rest day.
    • I used to work out at least 3-4 days a week but my latest job forced me to make priorities and unfortunately, the gym was one of the things I stopped visiting.

That's it for being personal, if you have any questions, I might take up @seriesn suggestion for a live Q&A session later this year.

The future !

I think that the first steps that @Mason and I will have to do are to sit down with @AnthonySmith on the plans he had for this community, write them down together with our own thoughts, and then decide on what to do and in what order.

I'm all for having clear work-descriptions for the different roles that a growing community needs, a decision should never be based on the person making the decision and his/her relation to the involved.

As I said before:
    Even if we are two Admins at this moment, if we disagree on a decision or way of moving forward, I'm all for asking the Mod-team, or even all members, to vote on the alternatives.

I would love to help grow this community, adding services to its members, with the main goal of being a friendly community where we all help each other.

• To be honest, I was a bit worried that @AnthonySmith stepping back would be the end of this place, but now I kind of feel optimistic instead. I think @Mason and @mikho will be a great team. They both seem like laidback, humble guys that can stand their own in any discussion without losing temper, and that is a basic requirement when running a forum.

Seeing that @Mason has a cat and @mikho used to do Pascal is actually everything I needed to know, catpeople and old programmers are the best kind of people. Incidentally, I too love cats and used to do Pascal. :wink:

• It's nice to see more admins

Congratulations

• Very well deserved and many congratulations to @Mason & @mikho wishing you guys all the very best in this new endeavor ??

Thanked by (2)mikho Mason
  • Thanked by (2)mikho Mason
  • Congrats @Mason and @mikho looking forward to seeing what happens in the future!

• congrats @mikho <3 :3 B)

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@mikho said:

I'm one of the old guys in this community . . . (46 in a month).

Naaahhh! 73 here :tongue:

But, there is hope for you in another twenty years! ?

Good luck as admin! Grateful for your work!

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!