Netcup Special - VPS 1000 G9 WSV21

edited February 2021 in General

Netcup have released VPS 1000 G9 this morning for €4.55/m with 12 month billing/contract. Didn't know if it was of interest to anyone.

The VPS specs are:
2 vCores, KVM technology
8 GB of RAM
160 GB SSD (RAID10)
80 TB traffic unthrottled

https://netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2725

Thanked by (3)ehab angstrom Ganonk

Comments

• Good deal, but it is very difficult to register their account.

• yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider

Hourly billing of 12 month contract. How does it even work ?

• @yokowasis said:

I think there is no hourly billing and that text on the top banner is plain wrong/forgotten to be removed or changed.

Their special offers usually come with yearly contracts and especially those vps are then not hourly billed.

if in doubt ask their support before ordering but it's OOS anyway.

• edited February 2021

@LeonDynamic said:
    Netcup have released VPS 1000 G9 this morning for €4.55/m with 12 month billing/contract. Didn't know if it was of interest to anyone.

It's a great deal, last seen on BF, but it's already gone!

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• Wow that was quick. They might release some more later. If they do, it tends to be about 3pm as per previous specials.

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

is it good?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:
    is it good?

are you itching again?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@ehab said:

@cybertech said:
    is it good?

are you itching again?

haha itching to look at the bench

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• :) relax, someone must have added it already.

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • At the moment, it's back in stock

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• tempting. luckily oos again.

• @Falzo said:

@yokowasis said:

I think there is no hourly billing and that text on the top banner is plain wrong/forgotten to be removed or changed.

Their special offers usually come with yearly contracts and especially those vps are then not hourly billed.

if in doubt ask their support before ordering but it's OOS anyway.

See:

Stundenbasierte Abrechnung. Tarif kann zu jeder Zeit gekündigt werden.

It should behave like their other hourly VPSs. You pay one year in advance and when you stop it, they reimburse you the remaining time.

• Wow looks very exciting but seems OOS already.

• edited February 2021

@sgheghele said:

It should behave like their other hourly VPSs. You pay one year in advance and when you stop it, they reimburse you the remaining time.

I heavily doubt that, as said probably they only messed up the page and did not bother to correct it over the few minutes is was available. we will probably hear about it as soon as someone tries to do exactly that (getting reimbursed) and then starts bitching about them.

or maybe we find someone who bought it and have him look up the earliest possible cancellation date in the control panel ;-)

• @Falzo said:

@sgheghele said:

I heavily doubt that, as said probably they only messed up the page and did not bother to correct it over the few minutes is was available. we will probably hear about it as soon as someone tries to do exactly that (getting reimbursed) and then starts bitching about them.

or maybe we find someone who bought it and have him look up the earliest possible cancellation date in the control panel ;-)

I have VPS 1000 G9 BF20 (from BF 2020), which is the same product as this one. I've just checked the earliest possible cancellation date in the control panel, and it's indeed after 12 months. (This is what I always thought, so I'm not surprised.)

Thanked by (2)Falzo sgheghele

• yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider

@angstrom said:

@Falzo said:

@sgheghele said:

I have VPS 1000 G9 BF20 (from BF 2020), which is the same product as this one. I've just checked the earliest possible cancellation date in the control panel, and it's indeed after 12 months. (This is what I always thought, so I'm not surprised.)

The mystery is whether you got imbursed when you turn of your vps for 1 month. Perhaps you want to try ?

• @yokowasis said:

@angstrom said:

@Falzo said:

@sgheghele said:

The mystery is whether you got imbursed when you turn of your vps for 1 month. Perhaps you want to try ?

Given that the contract period is for 12 months and I can't cancel before the end of 12 months, it wouldn't matter whether my VPS is on or off. (This isn't how netcup works.)

• with netcup i set cancel the next day .... and i open a ticket to confirm that i will not be charged and it will cancel......
    i am afraid from netcup contracts .....

• @ehab said:
    with netcup i set cancel the next day .... and i open a ticket to confirm that i will not be charged and it will cancel......
    i am afraid from netcup contracts .....

Learn to confront your fears. :)

Also, netcup contracts aren't that bad.

(In my case, I'm usually sad to cancel a netcup server!)

• @angstrom said: I have VPS 1000 G9 BF20

btw: was it the same price in Blackfriday? and do you want to let go of it? ;-)

• @Falzo said:

@angstrom said: I have VPS 1000 G9 BF20

btw: was it the same price in Blackfriday?

Technically, it was a bit less (4,44 €) because of the lower VAT last year:

https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/2020/11/page/3/?archive=1

But I assume that the price will be adjusted this year.

and do you want to let go of it? ;-)

I have to confess that I haven't yet had time to set it up. :o But I plan to migrate a VPS from HostSlick to this VPS!

I thought that you were happy to wait until Easter. :)

• @angstrom said: I thought that you were happy to wait until Easter.

I figured I could at least ask ?‍♂️?

Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • edited February 2021

@Falzo said:

@angstrom said: I thought that you were happy to wait until Easter.

I figured I could at least ask ?‍♂️?

Of course, and if I didn't have a plan for this VPS, I would let it go to you. :) (Sorry about this!)

• @angstrom said: Sorry about this!

don't be. you know you don't need it and the "plan" is just inner justification. let me take this burden off of you :lol:

• @Falzo said:
    don't be. you know you don't need it and the "plan" is just inner justification. let me take this burden off of you :lol:

That’s really nice of you @Falzo looking out for @angstrom best interests. What a gentleman ?

Thanked by (2)angstrom Falzo
  • @Falzo said:

@angstrom said: Sorry about this!

Ah, but you know how it works: every server (VPS, dedi) needs an inner justification. :)

And I wouldn't want to admit to myself that the inner justification in this case was (too?) weak. :o

Anyway, as you said, Easter is coming (relatively soon), and netcup will surely have some nice deals again. :)

Thanked by (1)Falzo