? ** LAST CHANCE ** 2GB RAM, 1C, 30GB NVMe, KVM - 20€/year or 2,50/month *** up to 64GB RAM ***

gleertgleert Hosting Provider

Last chance to get this offer on our new NVMe nodes!

As a company we have been in business since 2003 and our main focus is on our highend clients. But we also like to cater to you, the lowend clients. All our servers are owned and we are a RIPE member (we have a /22 and 4 /24 IP space).

Please check out our NL super fast pure NVMe VMs offer

All orders include:

• AMD EPYC 7452
  • 1 IPv4 + IPv6/64
  • NVMe RAID 10
  • KVM Virtualization
  • Located in The Netherlands

YEARLY RECURRING OFFERS

Coupon code: ZXNJ1906KT

1 vCore - 2GB Ram - 30GB NVMe Disk - 5TB BW - 20 €/year (+vat if applicable) - Order Now

2 vCores - 4GB Ram - 60GB NVMe Disk - 10TB BW - 40 €/year (+vat if applicable) - Order Now

3 vCores - 6GB Ram - 90GB NVMe Disk - 15TB BW - 60 €/year (+vat if applicable) - Order Now

Coupon code also works on the larger plans up to 64GB RAM

MONTHLY RECURRING OFFERS

Coupon code: 5APBL60UG6

1 vCore - 2GB Ram - 30GB NVMe Disk - 5TB BW - 2,50 €/month (+vat if applicable) - Order Now

2 vCores - 4GB Ram - 60GB NVMe Disk - 10TB BW - 5,00 €/month (+vat if applicable) - Order Now

Coupon code also works on the larger plans up to 64GB RAM

Our VPSes (ask for a recurring coupon code) Mailchannels low volume plans

Thanked by (4)ehab Ganonk kuroneko23 atomi

Comments

• nice to see this offer.

Thanked by (1)gleert
  • got one (2c/4g), cheers

Thanked by (1)gleert
  • Huh, that's weird. My VM IP changed and the data reverted to original state.

• BochiBochi OG
    edited February 2021

@kuroneko23 said:
    Huh, that's weird. My VM IP changed and the data reverted to original state.

Yeah, same for me...only once though and thought and I just misclicked somewhere in the Virtualizor.
    Well, technically it didn't change, but the interfaces file was overwritten with the default one, even though I installed from ISO. And as my interface is named differently, it broke the outside connectivity.

• Is this in serverius? How do you handle torrenting n stuff?

• @foxone said:
    Is this in serverius? How do you handle torrenting n stuff?

My VM says it is in Dronten and this page says the DC in Dronten is called "Serverius DC1". So I guess: Yes, it is.

Thanked by (1)gleert
  • @Groentjuh said:

@foxone said:

My VM says it is in Dronten and this page says the DC in Dronten is called "Serverius DC1". So I guess: Yes, it is.

What's the problem with serverius? The fair use bandwidth? It's interesting that these offers have quite a lot of traffic.

• @bibi said:

@Groentjuh said:

@foxone said:

What's the problem with serverius? The fair use bandwidth? It's interesting that these offers have quite a lot of traffic.

Serverius doesn't care much about torrents :P

• @Bochi said:

@kuroneko23 said:
    Huh, that's weird. My VM IP changed and the data reverted to original state.

Yeah, same for me...only once though and thought and I just misclicked somewhere in the Virtualizor.
    Well, technically it didn't change, but the interfaces file was overwritten with the default one, even though I installed from ISO. And as my interface is named differently, it broke the outside connectivity.

Interesting. I saw no such issue ... B)

• @foxone said:

@bibi said:

@Groentjuh said:

@foxone said:

Serverius doesn't care much about torrents :P

However, DC != network. Naranjatech has their own network and permits torrents only for ‘legal’ use.

Thanked by (1)gleert
  • BochiBochi OG
    edited February 2021

@flips said:
    Interesting. I saw no such issue ... B)

No idea what that was, as I said: was most probably me, who had no idea how to use Virtualizor.
    Otherwise the server is running quite well!

Thanked by (2)flips gleert
  • Bochi said:

I just reinstalled the OS from 18.04 to 20.04, got the VPS rebuilt email with IP x.x.x.139. Went to setting things up and leave it for an hour. Then when I want to login, it got rejected (Permission denied) so I look at the VPS info in the client zone and see the OS reverted back to 18.04 and the IP changed (x.x.x.14). Other than that, the performance and connectivity is great :)

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited February 2021

ISO mount / upload available? Centos 8 or Netboot.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

Trying to answer the “Any bench” question ?

Thanked by (1)cybertech

@vyas said:

@cybertech said:

there's one or 2 on the YABS thread, have been pulling my hair out trying not not to click on this compelling deal

• @cybertech said:

They have ISO upload on the virtualizor panel. Also have CentOS 8.

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • My YABS Bench 1 core 2gb Ram
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    # Yet-Another-Bench-Script #
    # v2020-12-29 #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sun 28 Feb 2021 08:35:28 PM +07

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7452 32-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2349.992 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 1.9 GiB
    Swap       : 255.0 MiB
    Disk       : 29.2 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):                                           ---------------------------------
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 225.76 MB/s  (56.4k) | 1.78 GB/s    (27.8k)
    Write      | 226.35 MB/s  (56.5k) | 1.79 GB/s    (28.0k)
    Total      | 452.11 MB/s (113.0k) | 3.57 GB/s    (55.8k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 3.89 GB/s     (7.6k) | 4.79 GB/s     (4.6k)
    Write      | 4.10 GB/s     (8.0k) | 5.11 GB/s     (4.9k)
    Total      | 8.00 GB/s    (15.6k) | 9.91 GB/s     (9.6k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 888 Mbits/sec   | 913 Mbits/sec     Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 819 Mbits/sec   | 792 Mbits/sec     WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | busy              Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | busy            | busy              Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 743 Mbits/sec   | 232 Mbits/sec     Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 759 Mbits/sec   | 466 Mbits/sec     Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 532 Mbits/sec   | 213 Mbits/sec     Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy              
    Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:                                                       ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1002                          
    Multi Core      | 1012                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/6731206

Thanked by (1)gleert

https://dttech.net - Personal Site.

• @vyas said:

@cybertech said:

I did a YABS here!

• @Bochi said:
    the interfaces file was overwritten with the default one, even though I installed from ISO. And as my interface is named differently, it broke the outside connectivity.

Virtualizor at some providers will overwrite /etc/network/interface and /etc/resolv.conf and other similar files. It only happens if you boot/reboot the VM in Virtualizor, and doesn't happen if you use sudo reboot commands.

SolusVM has a similar anti-feature, and it even overwrites the files when you execute sudo reboot.

sudo chattr -i /etc/network/interfaces usually stops the problem, but you have to undo this when you try to edit it yourself.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• gleertgleert Hosting Provider

@cybertech said:

@vyas said:

@cybertech said:

there's one or 2 on the YABS thread, have been pulling my hair out trying not not to click on this compelling deal

I wouldn't wait to long as it will end soon...

Our VPSes (ask for a recurring coupon code) Mailchannels low volume plans

• @cybertech if you didn't get one from gleert, then do he has been very patient with me.
    hey @gleert talk soon ;)

Thanked by (2)gleert cybertech
  • edited March 2021

@yoursunny said:

@Bochi said:
    the interfaces file was overwritten with the default one, even though I installed from ISO. And as my interface is named differently, it broke the outside connectivity.

Virtualizor at some providers will overwrite /etc/network/interface and /etc/resolv.conf and other similar files. It only happens if you boot/reboot the VM in Virtualizor, and doesn't happen if you use sudo reboot commands.

I find this "feature" of Virtualizor very annoying.

SolusVM has a similar anti-feature, and it even overwrites the files when you execute sudo reboot.

To be honest, I don't think that I've experienced this overwriting with SolusVM, but perhaps this is an accident of the SolusVM providers that I've used?

sudo chattr -i /etc/network/interfaces usually stops the problem, but you have to undo this when you try to edit it yourself.

To be frank, I don't like such workarounds -- it's better to try to fix the problem.

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• flipsflips OG
    edited March 2021

Does virtualizor overwrite the files on plain reboot? (Not just "reset network" option or something? Which would make sense.)
    I haven't experienced this behaviour. Does it do that even if it doesn't have root credentials?

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited March 2021

@yoursunny said:

@Bochi said:

It is optional and upto the provider to enable ;). We for one don’t. Cause ya know, super annoying.

Thanked by (2)Brueggus angstrom
  • @seriesn said:

@yoursunny said:

@Bochi said:

It is optional and upto the provider to enable ;). We for one don’t. Cause ya know, super annoying.

Confirmed nexus bytes doesn't touch your interfaces file.

For everyone else: chattr +i /path/to/file

Thanked by (1)seriesn

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @seriesn said:

@yoursunny said:

@Bochi said:

Yes, I understand that it's an optional setting, but unfortunately, some (many?) providers who use Virtualizor enable it. :/

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• Lucky for me:
    Virtualizor does not do "netplan", so Virtualizor can have fun writing to /etc/network/interface. It will not do anything.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny angstrom
  • @Groentjuh said:
    Lucky for me:
    Virtualizor does not do "netplan", so Virtualizor can have fun writing to /etc/network/interface. It will not do anything.

Yet another reason to use Ubuntu ;)

edited March 2021

@ehab said:
    @cybertech if you didn't get one from gleert, then do he has been very patient with me.
    hey @gleert talk soon ;)

thought i could escape this deal. god knows what happened. just got in. gonna play with it when time allows

Thanked by (1)gleert