Re: RamNode and InMotion Hosting

Hey Everyone,

My name is Sunil and I’m the co-founder of InMotion Hosting. I understand that there has been some speculation about the acquisition of RamNode by InMotion Hosting. We were planning on sending out the official press releases next week, but I wanted to give you a brief update here.

• InMotion Hosting, via our acquisition arm WebVentures.io, did acquire the assets of RamNode in early February.
  • Nick and I really felt that InMotion Hosting was the best move for his customers and employees.
  • InMotion Hosting will continue to run the RamNode brand as-is. No re-branding, consolidation or changes to the core product line is on the table right now.
  • All staff, outside of Nick, have come over in the deal. It is my core focus that we will do our best to maintain the culture, quality of support and technical experience that you all have come to expect from RamNode.
  • Nick is a great guy, he and I have spent quite a bit of time on the phone getting to know each other personally and professionally. Additionally, the CTO of RamNode is a former InMotion Hosting employee, and his technical background and experience will be valuable as we grow the RamNode business.
  • Along with a match in core values, there is synergy in our technical roadmaps, which we plan to build on. Especially our shared vision of building easily-accessible and high-performance clouds on OpenStack.

Hope this provides some clarity. Be on the lookout for our official press releases next week.

Thank You,

Sunil Saxena
Co-Founder, InMotion Hosting

Comments

• Thanks Sunil and thank you to all of our LES customers! I believe RamNode's future is bright as part of IMH. As Sunil indicated, the team is still onboard--it's just time for me to pursue other endeavors. I'll still be around for a while to assist with transition, but our customers are in good hands!

RamNode: High Performance Cloud VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection

• Congats for both sides! RamNode is in excellent hands.

Thanked by (1)Nick_A

Domains for sale: vmhosting.net | vpsz.net

• Oh well, sad day. @Nick_A was one of the good guys. Good luck with whatever you do next.

Thanked by (1)Nick_A
  • @sunilsaxena @Nick_A should we expect any changes to shared hosting?

• edited March 2021

@Nick_A say what are you up to next?

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @ehab said: @Nick_A say what are you up to next?

Spending more time with my family and pursuing some offline opportunities :)

Thanked by (3)ehab Ympker Asim

• nessanessa Hosting Provider

@Aaron said:
    @sunilsaxena @Nick_A should we expect any changes to shared hosting?

Long-time IMH employee here, who just joined the RamNode team :) We plan on keeping the core product offerings the same, and that includes shared hosting. We will of course be leveraging the resources of IMH to invest in new features and product improvements focused on stability and performance.

Thanked by (2)Nick_A Asim

• @Nick_A said:

respect and head bow.

now hopefully you will have your life back :) best wishes to you and your family.

Thanked by (1)Nick_A
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@Nick_A Fare thee well, and if forever, then forever, fare thee well. All the best for the future, mate :)

Thanked by (1)Nick_A
  • PureVoltagePureVoltage Hosting ProviderOG

@Nick_A
    Congratulations, good things come to good people. Happy you will be able to spend more time with family.
    Best of luck on any future adventures. :)

Thanked by (1)Nick_A

PureVoltage - Custom Dedicated Servers Dual E5-2680v3 64gb ram 1TB nvme 100TB/10g $145
    New York Colocation - Amazing pricing 1U-48U+

• RIP Ramnode

I remember the glory days well, so many dd tests.....

Thanked by (1)DataRecovery
  • I miss the old website and the 42% discounts.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Best wishes @Nick_A and @sunilsaxena and @nessa ???

Thanked by (2)Nick_A nessa

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• AsimAsim OGServices Provider

RamNode is an amazing brand with multiple locations and a great support team, I wish @Nick_A all the best for his future endeavors

Congratulations @sunilsaxena

• Congratulations @sunilsaxena and @Nick_A

• @Nekki said:
    RIP Ramnode

Meanwhile on the neighbour forum:
    InMotion hosting admin salary offer

Thanked by (2)Nekki bikegremlin
  • @DataRecovery said:

@Nekki said:
    RIP Ramnode

Meanwhile on the neighbour forum:
    InMotion hosting admin salary offer

That’s high-class shithousery right there. I got paid more for my first job doing basic data entry back in ‘96.

Thanked by (1)kkrajk
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

this shows ramnode is in good hands in terms of bottomline!

Thanked by (2)InceptionHosting nessa

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

I don’t feel I can objectively comment on this one so I will simply say, whatever the next 12 months turns into for Ramnode I wish @Nick_A the very best Ramnode has been a high class giant of this specific segment for a long time and a standard to aspire too.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• When did it become something for the end-user to worry about what a company pays its employees?

It's really quite funny seeing this. I mean so many of the LE* dependant providers are either making no or very little profit as it is. If they tried to increase their prices in an attempt to improve their income (still nowhere near $17k) there will be threads of shock and horror whilst many look for another, cheaper provider.

Focus on the quality of service for what you pay, in the case of Ramnode that is excellent. All you as an end-user need to be concerned about.

Thanked by (3)nessa Nick_A ialexpw
  • edited March 2021

I don't think that much will change in the near future, so I don't see any need to migrate anywhere at this time. It's been a good while since RamNode last catered specifically to the LET crowd, and the recurring discounts of old disappeared a long time ago. Even so, their regular prices are still reasonable for the quality of service that they offer.

Thanked by (3)nessa Ympker Nick_A

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• nessanessa Hosting Provider
    edited March 2021

@Lee said:
    When did it become something for the end-user to worry about what a company pays its employees?

I'm going to speculate that the 17k he's referring to was the pay differential for relocation, not his actual salary lol

Thanked by (1)lentro

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

@nessa said: I'm going to speculate that the 17k he's referring to was the pay differential for relocation, not his actual salary lol

Yeap, seems like quite a few ppl work for Inmotion Hosting, that wouldn't happen w/o reasonable compensation lol

• First Congrats to both companies, next few month will revealed how this acquiring effect it users and Ramnode performance