New Admin, Who Dis!?

13»

Comments

• Thanked by (1)Mason

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @Not_Oles said:

i think you are 37 in spirit and determination. Seriously you have changed my impression of age since i am almost 47, so @mikho your not alone in this range.

• Congratulations, @mikho :)

Thanked by (2)mikho Mason
  • Hi mikho, thanks for the intro. I have been using your services for sometime (they're amazing!) but its nice to know a bit about you as a person finally. From whatever limited interaction I've had over the years in all these forums, you have more energy than some 20 somethings. Keep rocking.

• Welcome Mason and mikho as our new admin team! And thanks Ant for giving this place a solid footing in atmosphere and parameters.

Regarding the financial side of LES, my 2c is to maybe consider alternatives to runcloud and CF (bunny, perhaps?), as it seems those are a sizeable fraction of opex. I think that prioritizing lowered expenses over increased revenue would be in line with the LE ethos. I acknowledge the wisdom in saving up for a part-time dev, though.

• joepie91joepie91 OGServices Provider

Congratulations, and an excellent introduction :)

It makes me very happy to see that a peaceful community-voted transfer of 'ownership' can just... happen, here! I think anyone who has been around for forums in the 2000s knows that it often doesn't work out quite that nicely.

• @Not_Oles said:
    @mikho said:

I'm one of the old guys in this community . . . (46 in a month).

Naaahhh! 73 here :tongue:

But, there is hope for you in another twenty years! ?

Good luck as admin! Grateful for your work!

Age is a question of pronunciation.
    I'm still in my 30's, just turned thirtyfourteen.

Thanked by (3)mikho Not_Oles Mason
  • mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@seanho said:
    Welcome Mason and mikho as our new admin team! And thanks Ant for giving this place a solid footing in atmosphere and parameters.

Regarding the financial side of LES, my 2c is to maybe consider alternatives to runcloud and CF (bunny, perhaps?), as it seems those are a sizeable fraction of opex. I think that prioritizing lowered expenses over increased revenue would be in line with the LE ethos. I acknowledge the wisdom in saving up for a part-time dev, though.

Thanks for the welcome!

I will give a short answer (there will be a longer one when @Mason and I have had the chance to get a grasp on the infrastructure).

We will have a look at the current infrastructure and make adjustments where needed.

The infrastructure used today was chosen primarily to bring the place up and running as soon as possible.

I guess we all have been there with that project that never took of since we went back and tried to make it ”better”.

Our first priority now is to have a foundation we all can sign on.

Then we need to make a list of all the things that needs to be done. And make it happen.

Thanked by (1)Mason

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• Congrats to both, I am sure we will see some interesting and new things coming soon :)

• AmitzAmitz OG
    edited February 2021

Hey @Mason & @mikho! All the imaginable best and congratulations!
    And thanks to @AnthonySmith for all the fish! You gifted us a great place! <3

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• @Amitz said:
    Hey @Mason & @mikho! All the imaginable best and congratulations!
    And thanks to @AnthonySmith for all the fish! You gifted us a great place! <3

It is a good thing that he didn't leave us with fish oil.

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider

I want to say Congratulation, but I don't know for what. This is more like a burden than a promotion.

So maybe wishing for a happy new year ?

Thanked by (3)mikho Mason Ympker
  • Congrats to M & M =)
    I hope it bring new era to LES <3

Thanked by (1)mikho
  • Congrats Mason and Mikho

Waiting for more exclusive offers =)

Thanked by (1)mikho
  • @Ark said:
    Congrats Mason and Mikho

Waiting for more exclusive offers =)

idem with you :3 exclusive offer special LES member <3

Thanked by (1)mikho
  • You stole my fucking cat. What the hell man.

Thanked by (1)ehab

I'm the 85%. Also Elon likes memes hence he's an idiot.

• edited March 2021

@serv_ee said:

i guess Mason is pretty lucky with pussies.