Inception Hosting - Stock clearance sale, UK+NL, its Black Friday all over again! [SUPER CHEAP] <3

Comments

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Razza said:
    I already bought the 1GB Netherlands, just wonder do you have anything in NL location more than 1GB similar spec as the €25 London one.

New hardware is expected to arrive this week for NL, special offers will follow :)

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• Woah those are some ridiculously good deals.

• @InceptionHosting
    heard that you don't recieve consumer from China.
    Is this true ?

• @brunuh said:
    @InceptionHosting
    heard that you don't recieve consumer from China.
    Is this true ?

True.

• edited March 2021

@sonic said:
    True.

Can this be read as racial discrimination?
    Like part of the consumer have some bad behaviors, and you think all consumers from China are bad guys, neglecting that those Chinese consumer who behave normally with silence is actually the majority

• K4Y5K4Y5 OG
    edited March 2021

@brunuh said:

@sonic said:
    True.

Can this be read as racial discrimination?
    Like part of the consumer have some bad behaviors, and you think all consumers from China are bad guys, neglecting that those Chinese consumer who behave normally with silence is actually the majority

No, not really.

Service providers are well within their rights to take a business decision to NOT serve an entire market that results in the highest percentage of chargebacks, account information, fraudulent orders, resource abuse etc. Not to mention the fact that the problem gets compounded 10x when you throw a massive language barrier into the mix!

It is just a numbers game. Even if 5% of my revenue goes towards paying for chargebacks / refunds (when I already have slim margins), while dealing with a specific market, I may chose to pull out if I am able to compensate for lost sales from other regions across the world.

Thanked by (2)Wolveix Ganonk
  • edited March 2021

@K4Y5 said:
    It is just a numbers game. Even if 5% of my revenue goes towards paying for chargebacks / refunds (when I already have slim margins), while dealing with a specific market, I may chose to pull out if I am able to compensate for lost sales from other regions across the world.

Well, you can simply announce that consumers from China are not allowed for chargebacks/refund, that is pretty okay and far more better than banning them from buying, right?

• @brunuh said:

@K4Y5 said:

Well, you can simply announce that consumers from China are not allowed for chargebacks/refund, that is pretty okay and far more better than banning them from buying, right?

Sadly, chargeback / refunds aren't in the hands of the provider but the payment processor and banks, who charge a premium for handling every such case, and mostly settle in favor of the buyer.

Besides, individuals from the region you mentioned above have a habit of initiating chargebacks / refunds instead of ticketing in and reaching out to the service providers to sort some issue(s) out. So..

Thanked by (2)Wolveix Ganonk
  • edited March 2021

@K4Y5 said:

From my knowledge, it's only possible to initiate chargebacks / refunds if you use PayPal.
    But if you buy something using the credit card directly, it's not possible to get chargeback/refunds just contacting with the bank. They would tell that if you got any problem, contact with the service provieder.

It might be a solution not allowing consumers from China to use PayPal as the payment method

@brunuh said:

@K4Y5 said:

From my knowledge, it's only possible to initiate chargebacks / refunds if you use PayPal.
    But if you buy something using the credit card directly, it's not possible to get chargeback/refunds just contacting with the bank. They would tell that if you got any problem, contact with the service provieder.

It might be a solution not allowing consumers from China to use PayPal as the payment method

That is the plan, however the billing software does not currently support restrictions on billing method based on origin.

These decisions were made when the evidence was clear that accepting orders from a specific region actually cost the business more than it made from that region.

It was a purely financial driven decision and has nothing to do with race.

It should be noted that this decision has been reversed twice in the past and each time the result has been the same.

Thanked by (1)Wolveix

• @InceptionHosting said:
    It should be noted that this decision has been reversed twice in the past and each time the result has been the same.

Totally understand your situation. Just feel pity for those who behave decently hardly ever asking for refund/chargebacks. :s In fact they did nothing wrong, having no faults, but innocent good men affected by other bad guys :s

• @angstrom said: Just tell us how to activate disaster recovery!

But why you are looking to activate the disaster recovery now? Clouvider data-center didn't even start burning.

disaster recovery OVH

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Activate Doctor Strange.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

edited March 2021

@brunuh said:

@InceptionHosting said:

Totally understand your situation. Just feel pity for those who behave decently hardly ever asking for refund/chargebacks. :s In fact they did nothing wrong, having no faults, but innocent good men affected by other bad guys :s

Absolutely, on a personal level I really hate the situation, I am incredibly open and inclusive as a person so it genuinely hurts when people use the race card when they have no idea who I am. It is simply business survival.

Almost 100% of the issues can be traced back to hostloc and zhujiwiki (I forget the spelling sorry) if the wider Chinese community could influence positive change in those areas you would probably find a lot more doors open generally with many hosts. This is often discussed in private hosting providers only channels.

Thanked by (1)Asim

• Thank you, sir, I got it <3

• Here comes another idler!

• @DataRecovery said:

@angstrom said: Just tell us how to activate disaster recovery!

But why you are looking to activate the disaster recovery now? Clouvider data-center didn't even start burning.

disaster recovery OVH

But the right time to ask the question about how to activate disaster recovery is before a fire, no? I just want to be prepared!

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@brunuh said:

Thank you, sir, I got it <3

You can be on my server if you want. Also maybe you can help me figure out how to learn some wenyanwen and guwen. :)

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• BusterWolfBusterWolf OGRetired
    edited March 2021

Any diskspace going spare?

@BusterWolf said:

How much and what type?

• Damn it just bought another Server too, this is a terrible addiction indeed.

• @bstrobl said:
    Damn it just bought another Server too, this is a terrible addiction indeed.

Same here. I started to consolidate a few servers only a few months ago, cancelling some idlers.. Since then I got 3 more I think.. :|

@BusterWolf said:

How much and what type?

Loads, plain ol' HDD as it's just for storage.

edited March 2021

@BusterWolf said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@BusterWolf said:

How much and what type?

Loads, plain ol' HDD as it's just for storage.

I will have to come back to you on that one, if you could give me an indication on what you are wanting though in an ideal world that would help, e.g. 500GB, 2TB, 10TB, 100TB etc? PM is fine.

Thanked by (1)BusterWolf

• @InceptionHosting said: if you could give me an indication on what you are wanting though in an ideal world that would help

A HostHatch or LetBox challenger? 3TB $84/yr ;)

@beagle said:

@InceptionHosting said: if you could give me an indication on what you are wanting though in an ideal world that would help

Could probably do that for around €75 /year roughly however the hardware is completely full right now.

@beagle said:

Could probably do that for around €75 /year roughly however the hardware is completely full right now.

I'm sure you'd fill a server in hours with an offer like that.

@beagle said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@beagle said:

well when I was doing the double disk and 50% off promotion that plan was effectively available anyway with merging a few plans so that tells me I just need to make a new plan that caters for that specific size, thanks for the info, I did not know that was a standard to beat!

• I guess people are running stuff on their new VPS. Steal seems to be running pretty high at the moment which is adversely affecting idleness. /s

top - 14:09:21 up 1 day, 14:03,  1 user,  load average: 0.06, 0.05, 0.05
    Tasks: 107 total,   1 running, 105 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie
    %Cpu(s):  2.6 us,  2.6 sy,  0.0 ni, 76.3 id,  0.0 wa,  0.0 hi,  0.0 si, 18.4 st
    KiB Mem :  2046708 total,  1210180 free,   195692 used,   640836 buff/cache
    KiB Swap:  1048572 total,  1048572 free,        0 used.  1695752 avail Mem

PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
        1 root      20   0   46108   6688   4176 S   0.0  0.3   0:22.04 systemd
        2 root      20   0       0      0      0 S   0.0  0.0   0:00.18 kthreadd
        4 root       0 -20       0      0      0 S   0.0  0.0   0:00.00 kworker/0:+
        6 root      20   0       0      0      0 S   0.0  0.0   0:01.08 ksoftirqd/0
        7 root      rt   0       0      0      0 S   0.0  0.0   0:00.93 migration/0
        8 root      20   0       0      0      0 S   0.0  0.0   0:00.00 rcu_bh
        9 root      20   0       0      0      0 S   0.0  0.0   3:23.35 rcu_sched
       10 root       0 -20       0      0      0 S   0.0  0.0   0:00.00 lru-add-dr+
       11 root      rt   0       0      0      0 S   0.0  0.0   0:00.66 watchdog/0
       12 root      rt   0       0      0      0 S   0.0  0.0   0:00.66 watchdog/1
       13 root      rt   0       0      0      0 S   0.0  0.0   0:01.35 migration/1
       14 root      20   0       0      0      0 S   0.0  0.0   0:32.67 ksoftirqd/1
       16 root       0 -20       0      0      0 S   0.0  0.0   0:00.00 kworker/1:+
       18 root      20   0       0      0      0 S   0.0  0.0   0:00.00 kdevtmpfs
       19 root       0 -20       0      0      0 S   0.0  0.0   0:00.00 netns
       20 root      20   0       0      0      0 S   0.0  0.0   0:00.03 khungtaskd
       21 root       0 -20       0      0      0 S   0.0  0.0   0:00.00 writeback

@beagle said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@beagle said:

well when I was doing the double disk and 50% off promotion that plan was effectively available anyway with merging a few plans so that tells me I just need to make a new plan that caters for that specific size, thanks for the info, I did not know that was a standard to beat!

I guess most people storage-focused use it as benchmark. I find it very hard to beat. Ask @Falzo

LetBox 2vcpu E5, 2GB RAM, 20GB NVMe + 3TB HDD $7/m is still my ideal combination. It's versatile enough to run a few storage applications that require a DB (e.g Nextcloud, Photo album apps, etc)

This discussion has been closed.