buyvm vs inceptionhosting

Hi guys, recently I've seen the offers that have been posted on this forum an I am tempted to grab one of those vps from inception hosting :p
Currently I run my services (in production) on buyvm (1gb slice).
Inception hosting is making a great deal on 2gb vm for 25eur/year (atm I pay about 3eur/month for 1gb vps).
I have been for ages with frantech but never tried inceptionhosting. I can't find many reviews online (i checked let also). Can somebody tell me if it is worth migrating and if this hosting is production-ready (we are always talking low end... so...)? :3

Comments

• It's on Clouvider network/hardware so very unlikely it won't be highly reliable!

Thanked by (1)Cappuccino

Clouveo - SSD/NVMe Cloud VPS & Hosting
    Performance & AMD EPYC Cloud | DDoS Protected | Snapshots | Auto Backups

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

A cappuccino is a mix of both coffee and milk/cream. So I say to you, why not have both?

Thanked by (1)Cappuccino
  • Inception Hosting is amazing. And so is BuyVM.

Thanked by (1)Cappuccino

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @SmallWeb said:
    A cappuccino is a mix of both coffee and milk/cream. So I say to you, why not have both?

There's budget only for one sadly :s

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
  • Flip a coin and decide.

Thanked by (1)Cappuccino

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• Also count in the work related to migrating your services if you switch.
    Inception was recently acquired by Clouvider so they should be in good hands.

Personally I haven't been with buyvm in some years, and only recently got one from Inception again but I would say they're both solid choices.

Thanked by (1)Cappuccino
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

I won’t try to convince you, you are in good hands already and I have huge amounts of respect for BuyVM. Francisco has been a leader in the community for a long time and most of us follow in his footsteps.

Thanked by (1)skorous

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• Vote: Inception Hosting

• @Cappuccino said:
    Hi guys, recently I've seen the offers that have been posted on this forum an I am tempted to grab one of those vps from inception hosting :p
    Currently I run my services (in production) on buyvm (1gb slice).
    Inception hosting is making a great deal on 2gb vm for 25eur/year (atm I pay about 3eur/month for 1gb vps).
    I have been for ages with frantech but never tried inceptionhosting. I can't find many reviews online (i checked let also). Can somebody tell me if it is worth migrating and if this hosting is production-ready (we are always talking low end... so...)? :3

They have different location, why not both :p
    Seriously, if your production server is working, why you want to move it btw.

Action and Reaction in history

• Both are good ☺️.

• The answer is always buyvm but with the current insane pricing of inceptionhosting, both are outstanding and IMO worth subscribing.

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited March 2021

If it is working, don't change it. That's my motto. Unless the difference in pricing is well day and night ($2/month vs $20/month). But they are both awesome in their own way :)

Thanked by (2)benj0x vimalware
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Inception has a better IMDb rating!

On a more serious note: never used any of those services, but never heard anything but praises for both of those providers.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @Cappuccino said:
    Can somebody tell me if it is worth migrating

Not migrating.
    You need both, and setup hot standby: rsync, rqlite, and the works.
    If one data center burns down, traffic goes to the other, no hard feelings.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@yoursunny said:

@Cappuccino said:
    Can somebody tell me if it is worth migrating

Not migrating.

Never keeping them both on the same continent. :)

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said:

@yoursunny said:

BuyVM is in Luxembourg, Europe.
    Inception Hosting is in London, United Kingdom, whom recently left Europe and became Her Majesty's own continent.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• I use both and they are both great, so if your server works I would not bother moving it. You are looking at a price difference of 11€ per year, if you value your time at all you wont touch it.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@yoursunny said: Inception Hosting is in London, United Kingdom, whom recently left Europe and became Her Majesty's own continent.

Yes dear, that is how it works. :smirk:

Thanked by (2)yoursunny seriesn
  • @rcy026 said:
    I use both and they are both great, so if your server works I would not bother moving it. You are looking at a price difference of 11€ per year, if you value your time at all you wont touch it.

I'd second this! Except if you like to spent an afternoon migrating.

@vuong said:

@rcy026 said:
    I use both and they are both great, so if your server works I would not bother moving it. You are looking at a price difference of 11€ per year, if you value your time at all you wont touch it.

why spend an afternoon on it :) https://lowendspirit.com/migrate-a-kvm-vps-from-one-host-to-another-easy-mode

Thanked by (3)Decicus mikho vuong

• I will try to help you choose:

• Go with Inception Hosting if you want a better network (but BuyVM will improve from "mediocre" to "fine" in this regard very soon).
    • Go with BuyVM if you want more liberal policies regarding to what you can host (this could change now with the acquisition of Inception, but the written terms still have no changed).

I was in your situation and really wanted to get a small VM from Inception for my personal use, because the network and specs are ridiculously good, but ultimately decided against it given the restrictive content policies which Inception has. And most importantly, because I am happy with my current provider, so no need to change what is already working.

That said, the current Inception Hosting deals are among the best low end deals we are going to get this year, and it is unlikely that they will be repeated soon.

Thanked by (1)ehab

@Nyr said: but ultimately decided against it given the restrictive content policies which Inception has.

With the best intentions, it would be great if you could expand on that, it may be something that can be relaxed (it may not also)?

• @InceptionHosting i get confused if you are Ant or another staff member.

give us a sign or a password you are our Ant? :)

@ehab said:
    @InceptionHosting i get confused if you are Ant or another staff member.

give us a sign or a password you are our Ant? :)

99% of the time it will be me here on LES :)

:ant:

Thanked by (1)ehab

• @yoursunny said:

@bikegremlin said:

@yoursunny said:

BuyVM is in Luxembourg, Europe.
    Inception Hosting is in London, United Kingdom, whom recently left Europe and became Her Majesty's own continent.

Europe, EU, Buffalo, Canada. Something somewhere.

• @InceptionHosting said: With the best intentions, it would be great if you could expand on that, it may be something that can be relaxed (it may not also)?

I use my personal VM as a VPN from time to time and I occasionally use Tor (as a client) and torrents while connected to the VPN, both of which are not allowed. While it would be unlikely that you would ever notice or I cause trouble, I prefer to fully respect the policies of my providers, no need to be doing something which I am not supposed to be doing even if it is unlikely to cause trouble.

Thanked by (1)skorous

@Nyr said:

@InceptionHosting said: With the best intentions, it would be great if you could expand on that, it may be something that can be relaxed (it may not also)?

I use my personal VM as a VPN from time to time and I occasionally use Tor (as a client) and torrents while connected to the VPN, both of which are not allowed. While it would be unlikely that you would ever notice or I cause trouble, I prefer to fully respect the policies of my providers, no need to be doing something which I am not supposed to be doing even if it is unlikely to cause trouble.

Understood

• @Cappuccino said:

@SmallWeb said:

There's budget only for one sadly :s

Just a Cappuccino per month

• @InceptionHosting said:

@vuong said:

@rcy026 said:

why spend an afternoon on it :) https://lowendspirit.com/migrate-a-kvm-vps-from-one-host-to-another-easy-mode

Wow thanks!

I'd like to take back what I said. Awesome post will be trying it out soon!

For me it really shows how providers like DO work. Used to look like magic to me :P