MaxKVM is superb and I like it, but..

Comments

• debaserdebaser OG
    edited March 2021

@deank said:
    There is even a chance that this "Alex Lee" is MaxKVM himself right here.

I'm pretty sure he isn't. Either way, I'm pretty disappointed that @MaxKVM sees this as 'resolved' and declines to comment.

I can understand he doesn't want to throw his employees or colleagues under the bus, but a simple 'we apologize, this won't happen again' could have been enough.

Now the perception is that a 'stupid question' could be enough to get your account cancelled.

I've been using a MaxKVM VM for months (cancelled though, too much idlers) and was pretty happy with their servers. Still would consider MaxKVM in the future based on that. But if I would be a potential new customer that read this thread, I would think twice.

• For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• As a potential yet currently not a customer I'd say this thread initially looked quite bad.

Then @maxkvm came in and reactivated the account, which looked good

Then nothing further happened with regards to "taking steps to prevent this from happening in the future" and it looks almost worse than it started out as.

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• They did not reactivate for the right reasons and therefore only made it worse imo. No explanation, no apology, just laughing it off.

• Gilfoyle working for MaxKVM support? :)

Thanked by (3)yoursunny lentro vimalware
  • @bolle said:
    Gilfoyle working for MaxKVM support? :)

No, you are talking to Anton the artificial intelligence.

Thanked by (2)lentro bolle

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider
    edited March 2021

@yoursunny said: Anton the artificial intelligence

*actually son of Anton now. Anton died on the road to Stanford right before Richard was getting assaulted by Dan Melcher.

(for those of you who don't know, you are missing out. Watch Silicon Valley ASAP. If you don't have HBO, watch some clips on YouTube).

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

IMHO It was bad that the OP had to go through this as it was wrong and I wish him a better experience in the future now that his account has been restored.

Here is my view on MaxKVM. I've been using them since last July. The multiple VPS I've purchased from them have been really great for the money. The support has been really fast, knowledgeable, and extremely professional. The support agent I have always talked with is this same Alex Lee. So I would chalk it up to him/her having a bad day and not indicative of a bad or bullshit company policy. I am only a customer and not associated in any other way with MaxKVM.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @MaxKVM said:
    There will be no further discussion or explanation from this account in this thread.

Oh you are just being a rude boy.

Thanked by (2)lentro Sahu1990
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@MaxKVM said:
    Why is this thread still up @Mason? The issue has already been resolved.

@MaxKVM said:
    There will be no further discussion or explanation from this account in this thread.

so...

what the fuck?

Thanked by (2)lentro Sahu1990

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @Fritz said: Oh you are just being a rude boy.

and unprofessional.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• He's making a list.
    He's checking it twice.
    Alex Lee has been added to the NAUGHTYLIST.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• WTF
    ban reason: "Stupid"

• @cybertech said:

@MaxKVM said:
    Why is this thread still up @Mason? The issue has already been resolved.

@MaxKVM said:

so...

what the fuck?

What a clusterfuck :lol:

Thanked by (2)cybertech bsh
  • I seems to me people from MaxkVM are very arrogant. They treated their customers like shit and didn’t even try to hide it.

• edited March 2021

@Kiwi84 said:
    I seems to me people from MaxkVM are very arrogant. They treated their customers like shit and didn’t even try to hide it.

Facts have proved that even if the customer is treated like shit, the customer will not be surprised by this attitude. They only need to give enough compensation, and any statement or apology can be dispensed with.

shut up! I doubled your traffic! or? Triple the flow? :s
    the most ridiculous thing about the whole thing may be the audience, because it doesn’t seem to be right, but the merchant feels that the problem has been solved, and the OP feels that the compensation is sufficient. Only us, discuss it here.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

Personal hobby: collect vps in various regions.

• MS said:

• edited March 2021

The signal of canceling service. Maybe They don't like the customer who has a cheap or promotion vm.

Thanked by (1)_MS_
  • @K4Y5 said:

MS said:

Oh no! You have an account there. Sorry for that :D

• MS said:

@K4Y5 said:

MS said:

Oh no! You have an account there. Sorry for that :D

Yeah, but its not that big a deal with an idler worth $1.5/mo.

• edited March 2021

I had noticed that @MaxKVM haven't been active on LES so far in 2021, which may (or may not) be significant.

From July to December of last year, @MaxKVM had a whole series of offers on LES and were active, which is how a number of LES members became acquainted with them.

But until yesterday, @MaxKVM's last post dates from January 1.

It's as though they had decided to withdraw from LES.

(Just my impressions)

Thanked by (2)bsh ehab

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• @angstrom said:
    I had noticed that @MaxKVM haven't been active on LES so far in 2021, which may (or may not) be significant.

From July to December of last year, @MaxKVM had a whole series of offers on LES and were active, which is how a number of LES members became acquainted with them.

But until yesterday, @MaxKVM last post dates from January 1.

It's as though they had decided to withdraw from LES.

(Just my impressions)

Conveniently so, as they would have at-least broken even with LE Pennies over the last few months :lol:

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

that's fine, I will take self respect over them.

because for me it's ok to be poor but cannot be without dignity.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:
    that's fine, I will take self respect over them.

because for me it's ok to be poor but cannot be without dignity.

Thanked by (3)cybertech ariq01 Islantay
  • @arirang said: Maybe They don't like the customer who has a cheap or promotion vm.

That's ridiculous.

They would be terminating/cancelling/banning a majority of their customers then.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!

• edited March 2021

Thread tl;dr until now:

1. Calling a customer stupid (MaxKVM the company)
    2. Not giving an apology where it is due (MaxKVM the account)
    3. Giving no further explanation and saying there will be no further discussion of this inside this thread (MaxKVM the account)
    4. Calling the customer stupid again, calling other people stupid for pointing out the inappropriate response, all that while going back on their own word by actually participating in the discussion (MaxKVM the account)

Thanked by (3)dosai ariq01 dahartigan

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• @yoursunny said:
    No, you are talking to Anton the artificial intelligence.

Just couple of hours after my comment, exactly that Anton clip popped up on my youtube :)

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

I think we all can agree that the behavior by @MaxKVM is not the best way to handle a situation like this.

Now that we have established that, can we stop beating the dead horse?
    As much as I love seeing a thread growing with posts this fast, I'm not liking the route it's taking.

I'll remind everyone about the golden rule; "Don't be a dick"

@MaxKVM : Is it that hard to write a short apology? "Sorry, we messed up, here take this extra bandwidth as compensation for the decision we made earlier, which obviously was wrong."

That would have killed the thread immediately. You might even have ended up with a couple of extra sales on your next LES offer post.
    Now you gave yourself the reputation that you deserve.

I assume that the person behind your account is someone other than a Level 1 support operator.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

This discussion has been closed.