You Choose Our Name

2»

Comments

• edited April 2021

What is the attorneys quoted fees for year 1? And its moot not mute. Who is your "partner" currently?

• edited April 2021

LMFTFY

@DataGizmos said: And it's moot not mute.

;)
    ((Where's the ban hammer?))

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

what do you want to do with $4,000?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited April 2021

@DataGizmos said:
    What is the attorneys quoted fees for year 1? And its moot not mute. Who is your "partner" currently?

The most attractive attorney offer requires:
    1) $1,300 to incorporate us as a "Limited Cooperative Association" which has the legal ability to sell shares if the owners need to raise capital.
    2) $200 per year to be our registered agent which includes receiving mail on our behalf and having the domains registered to his law firm in trust for the Cooperative.
    3) The firm's paralegal would be administering our Cooperative's bank account at a discounted hourly rate to be determined. We'll know that rate before moving forward.

We'd love to have you join our community:
    http://HostBoards.com/

• edited April 2021

@cybertech said:

1) Just under $2,000 for the Developer to create our theme for Ispconfig.
    2) $1,500 to the attorney for incorporation and Registered agent fees.
    3) Just over $500 in reserve to cover miscellaneous like the 50 Euros for the update each time ispconfig releases a new version and the administration of our Cooperative bank account.

• edited April 2021

Even with 10 members you are broke before you start 1300 + 200 +paralegal plus 2000 for programming (that would be a miracle) plus bank fees of at least100 a year plus state licensing fees plus cpa to file taxes plus the most likely request from whoever is director to pay for incidentals such as cell phone, internet, etc etc. Can't have a random personal number be an associations number. Oh plus website and hosting.

You are broke broke broke at 4 K buy in. Plus you haven't said who you or your associate are, your experience etc etc.

Good thing you can edit your prior statements, eh?

• ChievoChievo OG
    edited April 2021

@Offshore_Solutions said:

@cybertech said:

1) Just under $2,000 for the Developer to create our theme for Ispconfig.
    2) $1,500 to the attorney for incorporation and Registered agent fees.
    3) Just over $500 in reserve to cover miscellaneous and the administration of our Cooperative bank account.

If you do not have 4000 euros in your bank account you are in trouble even 18years old has this amount so creating a cooperation for 4K is .....

Dentistry is my passion

• edited April 2021

@DataGizmos said:
    Even with 10 members you are broke before you start 1300 + 200 +paralegal plus 2000 for programming (that would be a miracle) plus bank fees of at least100 a year plus state licensing fees plus cpa to file taxes plus the most likely request from whoever is director to pay for incidentals such as cell phone, internet, etc etc. Can't have a random personal number be an associations number. Oh plus website and hosting.

You are broke broke broke at 4 K buy in. Plus you haven't said who you or your associate are, your experience etc etc.

It's a tight budget to be sure. If we have some success selling our theme, I believe the 10 owners would most likely kick in to cover a possible shortfall with the understanding that most startups lose money their first year.

There's always the option to welcome new members or sell public shares as a "Limited Cooperative Association" allows you to do.

Host Boards currently sells no ads but that could be considered down the road by the owners.

The hope is that the 10 propsed owners would be able to brainstorm some additional business ideas to become profitable.

The goal is to see if a Cooperative structure could turn a network of 10 host owners into a competitive advantage. My personal proposal would be to follow the example of Digital Ocean in turning a datacenter into a new way to offer cloud options.

A Cooperative may give 10 individual owners the ability to raise the capital that only VCs currently seem to use to do something big like create new cloud ideas.

• @Offshore_Solutions said:

@DataGizmos said:

It's a tight budget to be sure. If we have some success selling our theme, I believe the 10 owners would most likely kick in to cover it with the understanding that most startups lose money their first year.

There's always the option to welcome new members or sell public shares as a "Limited Cooperative Association" allows you to do.

Wow what an offer

Dentistry is my passion

• edited April 2021

you forgot INSURANCE.

also hostboards has no visitors let alone any potential ad revenue stream when you have already outlined that the 10 founding members would get ads on the site. Not a lot of room left over.

I presume you get a discounted share for turning over the domain names and the website.

You still haven't answered who you are and who your associate is.

How are you going to raise capital in the coop - it has nothing- it has a theme and no other intellectual property and no aggregation of tech talent.

• edited April 2021

@DataGizmos said:
    you forgot INSURANCE.
    I presume you get a discounted share for turning over the domain names and the website.

I don't get a discounted share for contributing the 2 domains. I pay $400 like everyone else.

The 3 building's have liability insurance (in case someone gets hurt on the property) that doesn't come out of the Cooperative's bank account.

If the Cooperative votes to build a datacenter, they will need to add additional riders for fire insurance and other important coverages from the lessons learned at OVH SGB2.

• THE COOP NEEDS INSURANCE FOR DIRECTORS AND FOR ITS OPERATING DECISIONS - nothing to do with the fact that your vacant building has insurance

• edited April 2021

@DataGizmos said:
    THE COOP NEEDS INSURANCE FOR DIRECTORS AND FOR ITS OPERATING DECISIONS - nothing to do with the fact that your vacant building has insurance

...no aggregation of tech talent.

Agreed with the D/O insurance without a doubt.

The hope is that the most important thing to come out of the Cooperative is an aggregation of tech talent to stimulate new streams of income.

What other ways might a network of hosts work together in a Cooperative to benefit the group?

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

Who is this developer? Why ISPConfig when everyone is using direct admin?

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • ChievoChievo OG
    edited April 2021

@DataGizmos said:
    you forgot INSURANCE.

also hostboards has no visitors let alone any potential ad revenue stream when you have already outlined that the 10 founding members would get ads on the site. Not a lot of room left over.

I presume you get a discounted share for turning over the domain na> @DataGizmos said:

Good thing you can edit your prior statements, eh?

@Offshore_Solutions 1) Represents who you are
    2) what you have done
    3)Offer financial protection for any possible SCAM strategy

Clear and simple

Dentistry is my passion

• @lentro said:

Since Direct Admin is not open source, we are limited in what we can develop for it.

Does Direct Admin allow outside Developers to sell themes for it? Otherwise Direct Admin would be great to use if it wasn't proprietary.

The 2 of us believe that ispconfig is the best open source control panel to start with and it's consistently updated and maintained. The code is strong and it has less security issues than other open source panels.

• edited April 2021

You still won't answer who you are and who your associate is.

To cut to the bottom line- here is 173 pages to give you step 1 in understanding the enormity of the task. Follow its steps.

https://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---ed_emp/---emp_ent/---coop/documents/publication/wcms_644711.pdf

and go to
    start.coop - there are about 10 people on their leadership team (all with twitter links).

build a plan the right way, capitalize the right way, execute the right way.

Thanked by (1)Offshore_Solutions
  • @lentro said:

Probably because he has shown weird fondness for "free" and "open source" stuff on the other forum.

The guy had to show his true face at one point. I will say he showed it a lot sooner than I expected. Well, summer is coming after all.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @deank said:

@lentro said:

Probably because he has shown weird fondness for "free" and "open source" stuff on the other forum.

The guy had to show his true face at one point. I will say he showed it a lot sooner than I expected. Well, summer is coming after all.

At least the summer hosts are risking their OWN money.

Thanked by (2)lentro yoursunny

Dentistry is my passion

• @Chievo In the end most summer hosts risk paypal's money due to refunds

• @Chievo said:

He is being smarter. I knew he was up to something when he started making all useless threads on the other forum, making friends.

It's a never good sign when some new signup starts making tons of threads.

• edited April 2021

@DataGizmos said:
    start.coop - there are about 10 people on their leadership team (all with twitter links).

If someone is genuinely interested, please private message me and we should have a conversation about our respective backgrounds. I will invite you to Connecticut to tour the property.

Yes, Start.Coop is the 1st place we looked but their 2021 applications are closed. We came up with the idea after they had closed applications this year.

For 2022 the Cooperative will apply for the Start.coop grant which is $10,000 if our Cooperative is selected. I guarantee you that this Cooperative will do everything in its power to win that 2022 $10,000 grant.

If we won that $10,000 grant, it would be transformational for creating new streams of revenue.

• Sounds to me like Johnny Nguyen ver2.0 ... FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!

• edited April 2021

You still haven't answered who you are and who your associate is.

The point of start.coop is for you to get in touch with people now so you and your associate actually have a grasp of reality prior to applying to their program and perhaps understand the reality of taking a random vacant building that YOU(or family) own and making a random data center. FYI $50 doesn't cover property tax even on YOUR random vacant building. So no one will do that agreement unless they get an equity kicker on the backend - so you need to be honest with the pie in the sky ideas

Thanked by (1)lentro
  • ChievoChievo OG
    edited April 2021

@DataGizmos said:
    @Chievo In the end most summer hosts risk paypal's money due to refunds

@deank said:

@Chievo said:

He is being smarter. I knew he was up to something when he started making all useless threads on the other forum, making friends.

It's a never good sign when some new signup starts making tons of threads.

"Smarter" . trying to create something ( new Digital ocean) with your money. I would not say that this scheme is smart. But who knows may be we have the new Elon Musk and we could not recognise him.

Dentistry is my passion

• @Offshore_Solutions said:

@DataGizmos said:

If someone is genuinely interested, please private message me and we should have a conversation about our respective backgrounds. I will invite you to Connecticut to tour the property.

Yes, Start.Coop is the 1st place we looked but their 2021 applications are closed. We came up with the idea after they had closed applications this year.

For 2022 the Cooperative will apply for the Start.coop grant which is $10,000 if our Cooperative is selected. I guarantee you that this Cooperative will do everything in its power to win that 2022 $10,000 grant.

If we won that $10,000 grant, it would be transformational for creating new streams of revenue.

Why not visit your bank and ask for a debt?

Dentistry is my passion

• Much harder to get away.

Thanked by (1)Chievo

• I was under the impression that coming to an online community and talk about creating another similar community and try to attract attention was something that is usually unethical and forbidden in the rules. After all all these hosting related community are competing for whatever is left at this niche.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

I think this has gone on for to long now.
    I’ve been outside in the windy weather and just got inside and read this thread.

It gave me a proper headache.
    Stop asking what to do, you will get all kind of suggestions and you can never please everyone.

I will now make a decision that probably someone will dissagree on.
    I will close this thread and suggest that the OP asks these questions on your own forum, let your own users decide what direction your forum shall take.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

This discussion has been closed.