Uceprotect, whole AS listed

Today I was trying to send emails from my DA server instead of relying on external services.

I used mail-tested trying to configure my domain correctly and discovered that the whole AS has been blacklisted by Uceprotect.
I got my vps from a reputable provider from this forum.

How is this possible?

Comments

• @Cappuccino said:
    Today I was trying to send emails from my DA server instead of relying on external services.

I used mail-tested trying to configure my domain correctly and discovered that the whole AS has been blacklisted by Uceprotect.
    I got my vps from a reputable provider from this forum.

How is this possible?

This is well-known behavior, but at the same time, there are three different levels of blacklisting by UCEPROTECT. Level 1 blacklisting would concern your IP address specifically, whereas blacklisting at levels 2 and 3 would concern IP addresses within the same net block. You can read about the levels at http://www.uceprotect.net/en/index.php?m=3&s=0 .

All that a provider can do is to try to catch any users that they have who send spam (level 1).

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
    edited April 2021

That blocklist is just a ridiculous pay to win waste of time, forget about it and move on, they will black list an entire ASN of possibly millions of IP’s if they get 50 spam reports pretty much ever.

Then they want $100 per ip to whitelist, completely ridiculous.

They have also recently been called out for blacklisting known offline IP’s not in use with proof.

Anyone using UCE level 3 to block emails does not deserve to receive them anyway

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• Friends don't let friends use UCEPROTECT, the pay per play email mafia.

Thanked by (2)skorupion Spirit

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.