Introducing CrossBox Communication Suite

Hello everyone! My name is Ismir, and I'm the CEO and co-founder of CrossBox.

I want to thank @Mason for the opportunity to introduce myself and CrossBox to the incredible and knowledgeable LES community. Below is more information about our mission, software features, benefits, and the technologies behind CrossBox.

Our Mission
CrossBox is on a mission to provide an all-in-one, 100% self-hosted communication suite for hosting/email providers that benefits both the end-user and the service provider. It allows service providers to use their existing infrastructure to provide customers with advanced communication features usually available exclusively on Gmail, Outlook, and other big SaaS platforms (without breaking the bank and in full GDPR compliance).

Features for Service Providers
The most notable feature is the CrossBox Cluster. It allows service providers to present a single entry point for all customers across different servers. That includes a single (central) webmail URL, a single IMAP, SMTP, POP3 hostname, and a single MX. In larger deployments, providers can also choose to build a highly available, load-balanced, and geo-distributed setup - making it easy to achieve 100% uptime, horizontal scaling, and fast access for users from different parts of the world.

Features for End-users
40+ different features and productivity tools are available for users to use within the CrossBox interface. These include email, chat, audio/video calls, conferences, screen-sharing, file storage/sharing, and many more. You can learn more about these and all other features in the Features Tour or check them out live in a Hosted Demo. Most popular features cover:

White-label & Android/iOS Apps
The White-label Add-on benefits the service provider, reseller, and the customer. It allows setting a custom app name, logo, color theme, login page, webmail URL, IMAP/SMTP/POP3 hostnames, MX, and many other details (you can even brand the user-agent). Also, providers can use the Online Apps Builder to build white-labeled Android/iOS apps for themselves, resellers, or customers.

Control Panel Support
Service providers can install CrossBox on all three popular control panels: DirectAdmin, cPanel, and Plesk. Integration with these panels is plug-and-play. That means no changes to the services or config files, so you can keep everything running as usual.

Control Panel Integration

• CrossBox will show up as one of the options in the panel's webmail system
  • All email accounts hosted on the server can log in to CrossBox using just the email address and password.
  • Service providers and resellers can decide who has access to CrossBox (via WHM Feature Manager and Plesk Additional Services).
  • Respects email and disk quotas set for the email/hosting account and stores all data within the user's home directory.
  • Auto-detects and uses services like SpamAssassin, Rspamd, Clamd
  • Works with other popular plugins like MailChannels and SpamExperts

Technology Behind CrossBox

• Microservice Architecture
  • Backend in Golang (for low CPU and memory footprint)
  • Frontend in React + Angular (for real-time experience)

We've been building CrossBox for almost five years now. It would be impossible to cover everything in a single topic, so feel free to browse our Website, Docs, FAQ, and Changelog if you're interested in learning more.

If you have any questions or feedback, please do let us know in the comments.

Thank you!

Comments

• Welcome. I have given CrossBox a quick try and was really impressed with it but I need to spend more time reviewing.

Thanked by (1)CrossBox
  • Welcome to LES, congrats for your first post :3

Thanked by (1)CrossBox
  • mikhomikho AdministratorOG

Looking good.

I had a couple of issues when browsing your website on my mobile. Things like the price wouldn’t update when changing from EUR -> USD.
    Added a master license and then another server licens.
    Price was stuck at €12.50/month even if I changed to annual.

Thanked by (1)CrossBox

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• edited April 2021

Looks very nice! I guess/hope calendar, notes and tasks apps within CrossBox are on the roadmap?

Oh please translate "Save" in Dutch to "Opslaan" instead of "Sparen".

Thanked by (1)CrossBox
  • @mikho said:
    Looking good.

I had a couple of issues when browsing your website on my mobile. Things like the price wouldn’t update when changing from EUR -> USD.
    Added a master license and then another server licens.
    Price was stuck at €12.50/month even if I changed to annual.

Hey @mikho, thanks!

You need to click the "Update Cart" button after you've finished configuring the order/changing the currency.

I'll look into making this update "live" when changing stuff in the cart.

• @Groentjuh said:
    Looks very nice! I guess/hope calendar, notes and tasks apps within CrossBox are on the roadmap?

Oh please translate "Save" in Dutch to "Opslaan" instead of "Sparen".

Thank you!

We currently offer those modules through the App Connector, but building our own is on the roadmap as well!

I'll make sure we update the wrong translation.

• skorupionskorupion Services Provider

pricing?

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

• @skorupion said:
    pricing?

I believe you can find the pricing on the pricing page. I would indeed have expected a link in the top-menu, but if you happen to scroll all the way down, you will find it in the footer menu.

Thanked by (1)CrossBox
  • @Groentjuh said:

@skorupion said:
    pricing?

I believe you can find the pricing on the pricing page. I would indeed have expected a link in the top-menu, but if you happen to scroll all the way down, you will find it in the footer menu.

Thanks for pointing that out. It was left intentionally out of my post because it's an introduction topic and not an offer.

We don't want visitors focusing on prices right away. We want them browsing the features and learning about the benefits that the software provides. Those that are genuinely ready for purchase have no trouble finding the pricing page (cart), just like you did.