Need some storage?

I got a sx63 with hetzner with some space I'm not using. Let me know if anyone is interested. I use it as cold storage.

Comments

• Sure, interested!

Thanked by (1)vish
  • @valkyrie said:
    Sure, interested!

Just let me know how much you need, and if you need a dedicated IP or not

• €1 for 200GB / lifetime?
    My last one at this price is 60% full, so I want another!

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @valkyrie said:
    Sure, interested!

Me too =)

Thanked by (1)vish
  • @Fritz thanks for tagging, but I guess unless @hosthatch offers 10TB ridiculousness in London or Amsterdam on sunday I am all set and can resist other storage offers ;-)

@vish best of luck this time...

Thanked by (1)vish
  • @nyamenk said:

@valkyrie said:
    Sure, interested!

Me too =)

how much storage? dedicated ip?

• @Falzo has card payment problems over a 10TB NL location

• @Falzo said:
    @Fritz thanks for tagging, but I guess unless @hosthatch offers 10TB ridiculousness in London or Amsterdam on sunday I am all set and can resist other storage offers ;-)

I was really hoping the 10TB plan could come to Europe/closer to India. It'd be great if that happens!

@vish I'm looking for something to migrate to for my plex library. I'd need ~10 to 12 TB. How do you plan to split? Pricing?

Just trying to understand how much I'd have to budget for running a Plex library of such size.

$20 gives the enterprise single user Google workspace account. From what i could infer, that gives "unlimited" storage.

$20 per user for a min of 3 users also gives unlimited Dropbox. But they say you need to ask for additional storage beyond a certain quota? Not sure what request is considered reasonable by them.

Anyone, please chip in and advise if there's something else that could help :)

Thanked by (1)vish
  • @ehab said:
    @Falzo has card payment problems over a 10TB NL location

Thanked by (2)ehab vish
  • @kwaralala said:

@Falzo said:
    @Fritz thanks for tagging, but I guess unless @hosthatch offers 10TB ridiculousness in London or Amsterdam on sunday I am all set and can resist other storage offers ;-)

I was really hoping the 10TB plan could come to Europe/closer to India. It'd be great if that happens!

@vish I'm looking for something to migrate to for my plex library. I'd need ~10 to 12 TB. How do you plan to split? Pricing?

Just trying to understand how much I'd have to budget for running a Plex library of such size.

$20 gives the enterprise single user Google workspace account. From what i could infer, that gives "unlimited" storage.

$20 per user for a min of 3 users also gives unlimited Dropbox. But they say you need to ask for additional storage beyond a certain quota? Not sure what request is considered reasonable by them.

1.75 euro per TB plus .84 euro for dedicated ip4. it's 4x10tb spinners in a raid0. I'd just slice off whatever you need.

• So we will get a slice and control it with Proxmox?

• @vish said:

@kwaralala said:

@Falzo said:

1.75 euro per TB plus .84 euro for dedicated ip4. it's 4x10tb spinners in a raid0. I'd just slice off whatever you need.

How to order? Will the slice be KVM or OpenVZ?

• @vish said: it's 4x10tb spinners in a raid0.

This is an SX62 then, I think. Do you have all 4 drives in a single stripe(!), or two stripes of 2 drives each?

Thanked by (1)vish
  • @willie said:

@vish said: it's 4x10tb spinners in a raid0.

This is an SX62 then, I think. Do you have all 4 drives in a single stripe(!), or two stripes of 2 drives each?

All 4 in a single stripe will be an ouchie.

• My bad, it is an SX62 not an SX63. It's all full now though, sharing it with 3 people and used up all my free space. Thanks for the interest guys!

• williewillie OG
    edited April 2021

Nice, glad it worked out, I do think doing 2 stripes (or no stripes) would have been a bit safer.

Thanked by (1)vish
  • vishvish OG
    edited April 2021

@willie said:
    Nice, glad it worked out, I do think doing 2 stripes (or no stripes) would have been a bit safer.

Normally if I care at all about the data then yes, I would resort to some other storage setup based on needs. However, in this use case it's a triple backup cold storage, so I'm looking for max capacity with the best IOPS. That's why it's just one big raid0 stripe.

I will let you know if it fails! :p