Buying domain from NameSilo during (after?) Redemption Period

jqrjqr OG
edited April 2021 in Help

Hi all. I had a domain with NameSilo that expired 2019. Someone else (maybe NameSilo themselves?) registered it and had one of those parking pages on it.

The domain expired again. I would like to register it, but not for a bunch of money. It's been listed as "Redemption Period" for 60 days, which I thought was the time frame when it would become available again, but I still can't buy it back.

Does anybody know if NameSilo uses a longer period to make a domain available? I don't want to contact them because I'm worried they'll want to monetize it. Heck, I think even checking the Whois might have triggered some kind of algorithm showing that it's valuable.

Thanks.

It's pronounced hacker.

Comments

• Thanked by (3)Chievo yoursunny jqr

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• Gah! I guess it didn't come up during my searches because I keep looking for Redemption Period. I'll give it a couple more weeks, then. Thank you!

It's pronounced hacker.

• Sav.com has a "free" backorder service, where basically they'll try to snipe the domain for you exactly at expiry. Free is in quotes because they don't charge you $50-100 upfront like most backorder services, you just pay like an extra $6-7 or something if the registration is successful - on top of the normal domain registration price.

Thanked by (2)Chievo NanoG6

🦍🍌

• @jaquer said: worried they'll want to monetize it

Dont worry... Not G*****y

Thanked by (1)jqr
  • You will want to watch the NS expired auctions for it then.

Thanked by (2)Chievo jqr
  • @darb said:
    You will want to watch the NS expired auctions for it then.

Is that auction for namesilo registered domains or for all the domains independently from the register?

Thanked by (1)jqr

Dentistry is my passion

• @Harambe said:
    Sav.com has a "free" backorder service, where basically they'll try to snipe the domain for you exactly at expiry. Free is in quotes because they don't charge you $50-100 upfront like most backorder services, you just pay like an extra $6-7 or something if the registration is successful - on top of the normal domain registration price.

Have you tried their service?

Thanked by (1)jqr

Dentistry is my passion

• @Chievo said:

@Harambe said:
    Sav.com has a "free" backorder service, where basically they'll try to snipe the domain for you exactly at expiry. Free is in quotes because they don't charge you $50-100 upfront like most backorder services, you just pay like an extra $6-7 or something if the registration is successful - on top of the normal domain registration price.

Yep, I have a few domains with them because they were the cheapest for registration/transfer. They managed to snag 2 domains for me with the backorder system

Thanked by (2)Chievo jqr

🦍🍌

• @Harambe said:

@Chievo said:

@Harambe said:

Yep, I have a few domains with them because they were the cheapest for registration/transfer. They managed to snag 2 domains for me with the backorder system

Great to know and it is cheap service i mean the backorder system. Thanks for sharing it with us. I will try it definitely

Thanked by (1)jqr

Dentistry is my passion

• I signed up for the backorder from sav.com, but NameBr*ght snipped it. :pensive: Oh, well, there's always next year.

Thanks, all!

It's pronounced hacker.