What is your go to affordable cpanel host?

I am not looking for offers. Wish to know what other users are using... when they need cpanel.

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333

Comments

• AlphaRacks v2 seems to be one of the most popular among LE* crowd. Those willing to pay a bit more seem to recommend HostMantis.

I am not using cuntPanel anymore though.

Recommend: MyRoot.PW|BuyVM|Inception Hosting|Prometeus

• Thank you @vpsgeek3333 I will definitely check it out

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333
  • ExtraVM/@MikeA offers cPanel Shared Hosting with very generous CloudLinux resource limits.

Thanked by (1)jcaleb
  • LeeLee OG
    edited May 2021

The only shared/reseller host I use is HostMantis. They offer a lot for the base price, min 3GB ram per account and much more. The key for me is the ability to set up your own backup destination in JetBackup so my backups can be held on my S3 bucket.

Their servers have been highly performant for me. Not the best communicators, not that I care about that and they have had issues in the past around the cPanel pricing changes but simply for good, solid performing services, they are excellent.

Thanked by (2)HostMantis jcaleb
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

HostMantis - I use their reseller cPanel hosting.
    Their business policy is quite "fluctuating" (for lacking a better word for it), but the performance, security, and uptime are very good.

My long-winded HostMantis experience (the good, and the bad).

Thanked by (2)HostMantis jcaleb

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• MS @Lee @bikegremlin for the ideas. Will check them out

Thanked by (2)Lee _MS_
  • @jcaleb said:
    Wish to know what other users are using... when they need cpanel.

HawkHost. With them since 2009: https://www.hawkhost.com/shared-web-hosting

Will continue using even if they switch to DIrectAdmin.
    Maybe not extremely low-end, but I didn't see any similar performance/uptime/cost ratio anywhere else.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • corbpiecorbpie OG
    edited May 2021

@MS said: ExtraVM/@MikeA offers cPanel Shared Hosting with very generous CloudLinux resource limits.

This is one of the better-kept secrets. It's the fastest cPanel hosting I use, likely the most undersold too.

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited May 2021

@corbpie said:

@MS said: ExtraVM/@MikeA offers cPanel Shared Hosting with very generous CloudLinux resource limits.

This is one of the better-kept secrets. It's the fastest cPanel hosting I use, likely the most undersold too.

True. A couple of years ago, I opened a pre-sales ticket about the CloudLinux limits on his site. I think at that time, the limits were not listed on the site. In one of the replies, he mentioned that the Web Hosting server does not have too many users or too many sites needing high resources, which is clearly visible on the cPanel 'Server Information' page.