Cloudron Reviews

Anyone being using Cloudron and has any views on it? Looking for alternative options to shared/reseller whilst keeping things relatively simple with a low level of required management on my part.

I know about Cloudron but only in so much that I have tested it. It's got the apps I want to use, has the external backup capability, email built-in and so on.

Seems like an ideal option for me to throw on a cheap dedi/vps.

Tagged:

Comments

• I know @jarland used it, don't know if he still does.

• @Lee said:
    Anyone being using Cloudron and has any views on it? Looking for alternative options to shared/reseller whilst keeping things relatively simple with a low level of required management on my part.

I know about Cloudron but only in so much that I have tested it. It's got the apps I want to use, has the external backup capability, email built-in and so on.

Seems like an ideal option for me to throw on a cheap dedi/vps.

I love it, but simply can't afford their pricing, $15/m (on the yearly plan) is a lot. Yunohost is a less elegant solution, but has everything that Cloudron have and is not paywalled.

Onto the review itself, it is very easy to use, almost everything comes ready out of the box and the apps list keeps increasing, you get regular updates on them too. Email and backup works very good too. I don't really like that you are not allowed to install stuff on the server unless you package it yourself, even if it's dead-simple to install (like a docker run one liner). I think if they have all the apps you want and you think their pricing is reasonable (LMAO) it is a good platform to use.

Just a reminder, they are $15/m if you pay early and $30/m if you pay monthly.

Thanked by (2)Lee NanoG6
  • @Ouji said: I think if they have all the apps you want and you think their pricing is reasonable (LMAO) it is a good platform to use.

Honestly, for what it saves me in time overall $15 is not much of a commitment. I will throw $150 at it and see how it goes.

• @Lee said: Honestly, for what it saves me in time overall $15 is not much of a commitment. I will throw $150 at it and see how it goes.

Yeah, I saw other people like you and I think it's totally fine, if this wasn't SO MUCH money on my currency, I would probably do it too.

Thanked by (2)Lee vimalware
  • Been using Cloudron for years. Nothing comes close.

Thanked by (2)Lee vimalware
  • I am curious to know if anyone has any comments about Caprover? It supports Docker Swarm, and appears to be easy to use.

• @pspatial said:
    I am curious to know if anyone has any comments about Caprover? It supports Docker Swarm, and appears to be easy to use.

I've heard good things about it from people who use it but I don't have firsthand experience.

Thanked by (1)pspatial
  • @pspatial said:
    I am curious to know if anyone has any comments about Caprover? It supports Docker Swarm, and appears to be easy to use.

Cloudron looks a lot more stable tbh. Their forum of regular users and communication with forum members is another big reason i stick around!

Thanked by (1)pspatial