[Giveaway] $10 via paypal cuz why not

Post your saddest sob story, real or not doesn't matter.

1 entry per person.

Only entries submitted before 2021-05-25 20:00 GMT+9 will be considered.

I will choose the funniest/saddest sob story and the winner will get $10 via paypal :)

Thanked by (1)lentro

Comments

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

@froge said: real or not doesn't matter

Ok then, this is on the weirder side of things. I won't win but fuck it, I'm posting it anyways:

Skynode.eu's servers were off for over twenty hours due to fiber issues, which caused @yoursunny's website to stop working for me. This was so disappointing as I was bored and wanted to waste a minute watching someone else do pushups. I mean, look at how just view how perfect @yoursunny entertainment is in this video. But I couldn't :cry:. The end.

• @froge said:
    Post your saddest sob story, real or not doesn't matter.

Losing 20tb of rare japanese linux iso because hostsolutions dead and I don't have any backups :).

• edited May 2021

Dafuq did I just watch (5:12)

Thanked by (3)lentro yoursunny NanoG6
  • ZappieZappie Hosting Provider
    edited May 2021

Don’t want the winning prize. I just want to complain and share my sob story.

Based on a true story, when I was 16 I was fortunate enough to go overseas to the junior world championship for a sport (shooting) I was fully devoted to. And not only that, I had a genuine chance of actually medaling.

It was a knock out elimination rounds system (if you loose, that’s it’s, you’re out. Same as tennis)

Anyways, after a few victorious matches I found myself in the semi finals. If I win I go to the gold medal match. If I loose I would go to the bronze medal match.

Sadly the nerves got to me and I lost the semi match... it’s ok.... Still a shot at the bronze medal, right?

Next day comes and all the final matches are happening. I did my best but sadly I lost the bronze medal match meaning my final placing was 4th (in the world of under 18s)

My parents couldn’t fly overseas to support me in person so they were watching the live results online. After my loss I got a phone call from my mum where she told me how proud she was and some really nice motherly things.

She also proceeded to tell me that I should be really happy since I was the ONLY COMPETITOR that was able to loose twice in the whole tournament 🤦‍♂️

I> @kwaralala said:

@lentro said:

this video

Yoursunny be rofling at the entertainment :wink: he hid in a YouTube video. :lol:

Then again… https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3213227/#Comment_3213227

:lol:

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • Thanked by (2)Freek ehab
  • edited May 2021

@Zappie said:
    Don’t want the winning prize. I just want to complain and share my sob story.

Based on a true story, when I was 16 I was fortunate enough to go overseas to the junior world championship for a sport (shooting) I was fully devoted to. And not only that, I had a genuine chance of actually medaling.

It was a knock out elimination rounds system (if you loose, that’s it’s, you’re out. Same as tennis)

Anyways, after a few victorious matches I found myself in the semi finals. If I win I go to the gold medal match. If I loose I would go to the bronze medal match.

Sadly the nerves got to me and I lost the semi match... it’s ok.... Still a shot at the bronze medal, right?

Next day comes and all the final matches are happening. I did my best but sadly I lost the bronze medal match meaning my final placing was 4th (in the world of under 18s)

My parents couldn’t fly overseas to support me in person so they were watching the live results online. After my loss I got a phone call from my mum where she told me how proud she was and some really nice motherly things.

She also proceeded to tell me that I should be really happy since I was the ONLY COMPETITOR that was able to loose twice in the whole tournament 🤦‍♂️

oof.. shame you don't want the winning prize, you're definitely the frontrunner lol.

@lentro said: I mean, look at how just view how perfect @yoursunny entertainment is in this video.

umm... what even is this..

• edited May 2021

@kwaralala said:

at first i thought he is paralyzed from waist down

• edited May 2021

I got a dedi that is absurdly abused, the IP being blacklisted anywhere, performance was great until the Nvme fails (maybe Chia I guess?) and the entire thing goes dum dum, and it took over days to get things replaced, but already lost millions :wozzy_face:

The worst is I dont have backups

• You gotta know when you get the worst of the absolute chaos

• edited May 2021

a tragic story?
    I still remember my experience ten years ago.
    I started playing badminton since I was a child, from the school champion to the provincial runner-up, because I lost once and I was under too much psychological pressure, I took the initiative to withdraw from the national team trials.
    To this day, I still remember the fear in my heart. I was afraid of failure. I didn't dare to face it. Just because the opponent was too terrifying, I gave up and felt fear.
    Now that I think about it, the opportunity is only for a moment, but unfortunately I was too fragile before

badminton is full of my childhood and student experience. I spent almost ten years studying, and the final game was abandoned because of my fear.

Personal hobby: collect vps in various regions.

• failed to first comment :'(

• edited May 2021

@Chriswayne said:
    a tragic story?
    I started playing badminton since I was a child, from the school champion to the provincial runner-up, because I lost once and I was under too much psychological pressure, I took the initiative to withdraw from the national team trials.
    To this day, I still remember the fear in my heart. I was afraid of failure. I didn't dare to face it. Just because the opponent was too terrifying, I gave up and felt fear.
    Now that I think about it, the opportunity is only for a moment, but unfortunately I was too fragile before

badminton is full of my childhood and student experience. I spent almost ten years studying, and the final game was abandoned because of my fear.

Woulda picked @Zappie but he doesn't want the prize so.. True story or not... let me know your paypal.

• ZappieZappie Hosting Provider

@froge said: Woulda picked @Zappie but he doesn't want the prize so

I am just happy I got to gain some extra sympathy from online friends :)

• Ellen Page is now a dude .

• @froge said:

@Chriswayne said:
    a tragic story?

Woulda picked @Zappie but he doesn't want the prize so.. True story or not... let me know your paypal.

I shared my shameful memories, and I look forward to the next answerer, so let this bonus be given to the next Russian roulette player :s

Thanked by (1)valkyrie

Personal hobby: collect vps in various regions.

• @Chriswayne said:

one must forgive ownself to move on.

• @kwaralala said:

Somehow this is the most popular video on my channel.

This video was produced when I lived in Tucson AZ.
    The riverbed is usually dry and sandy, but turns creamy and smooth after rains.

The place I live now has higher humidity.
    Big rivers are too deep and unsafe to play in, although I can climb along the rocks (video made by my geocaching partner).
    Small rivers have too much trash and not enough surface area to crawl on, but there's a rope tree swing.

@wordpress said:
    at first i thought he is paralyzed from waist down

A mafia threatened to break my legs via ToS update.

@lentro said:
    Yoursunny be rofling at the entertainment :wink: he hid in a YouTube video. :lol:

My name should be spelled in all lower case, see explanation.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• I would tell about my suffering life, from the teens age to now, but the whole thing is embarassing and may sounds weird so I dont really want to post that here at all

Thanked by (1)froge

@valkyrie said: teens age

This reminded me --

There's a really good book called The Glass Castle that I highly encourage reading. Tells of the childhood of a person whose parents are crazy.

Thanked by (1)valkyrie
  • @lentro said:

@valkyrie said: teens age

This reminded me --

There's a really good book called The Glass Castle that I highly encourage reading. Tells of the childhood of a person whose parents are crazy.

Nope not the parents in my case, they were the one exhausted just because how my body acts, I admitted to the hospital too much

Thanked by (1)lentro
  • Well as you see you got the context up there, so I'm going to tell the long story, if you are wondering if it's true or not, it is, I dont think I would win as only entries May 26 are considered:

Back in when I entered the 14' of life, though it will be a normal life, turns out to be the most depressing year I ever encountered, after getting admitted to the hospital for having appendicitis, and yes I became extremely paranoid, sweating and eventually passed out due to maybe heartbeats too high, and the appendix itself ruptured before I get my surgery, after that I can't lay up even with support, the cost was a whopping 3000$ and 14 days treatment when others only 2-3 days and they go home

16' hits.

The tonsils were inflamed and I need to cut them, and takes 1 week to recover, as that I can't eat anything only drink otherwise the throat will be bloody. Happy to eat for the first time in 1 week

And so on. As if I get a sore throat or any simple disease, the body would overreact and I get sick for days or even weeks. Maybe the immune system is too weak to handle all of the diseases I have

Last November, as the COVID waves over my area, I was admitted to the hospital again for COVID, and then it got worse and I was unable to breathe properly, and so I thought I can't imagine suffering and dying like this, it's just too much, I overthink every second of the day I suffer, and then at least I actually recovered after weeks of treatment. After getting home, I have no motivation to work or do anything, empty, depressing
    Tbh I dont see any point in suffering for the rest of my life, I'm just tired of it. Well if you are thinking this is suicidal, no. Just because I have friends and family that cares for me, also almost done college :smile:

• @valkyrie said:

hang in there

Thanked by (1)valkyrie
  • edited May 2021

@froge said:

@valkyrie said:

hang in there

Thanks btw :smile:

• edited May 2021

@Chriswayne said:

plz claim your 10 bucks within the next 12h or I'll give it to someone else

• edited May 2021

@valkyrie said:

@froge said:

@valkyrie said:

hang in there

Thanks btw :smile:

winner is missing in action. what's your paypal? I'll give it to you instead

Thanked by (2)valkyrie ehab